Notice regarding getting Google SafetyNet Certified software

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I see a slightly different set of commands

Well I'm certainly not going to look thru and compare, but I'll take your word for it!  Probably just a slightly different version of fastboot.

# fastboot --version

fastboot version 1:8.1.0+r23-5~18.04
Installed as /usr/lib/android-sdk/platform-tools/fastboot

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, As we all know Pro1 has passed Google's SafetyNet Certification previously and we have everything completed.  However, due to the units shipped so far has unlocked bootloader, the

I shall do this as soon as I get mine. I would NEVER use Scroogle Pay or any other GcrApp and shall wear an unlocked bootloader as a badge of freedom. 🙂 I don't lock my house or my cars, so why would

From what I understand, banks do use it sometimes, but so does Netflix and lots of enterprise apps.

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Craig said:

Well I'm certainly not going to look thru and compare, but I'll take your word for it!  Probably just a slightly different version of fastboot.

# fastboot --version

Hide contents

fastboot version 1:8.1.0+r23-5~18.04
Installed as /usr/lib/android-sdk/platform-tools/fastboot

Likely, I picked it from Google here

fastboot version 29.0.5-5949299
Installed as C:\util\ADB\fastboot.exe

• Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Astaoth said:

It looks like I'm not able to unlock my bootloader only with 

fastboot flashing unlock

Am I missing something ?

fastboot --version
fastboot version 29.0.5-2

You may need to enabled developer settings and set a switch for the bootloader to be unlockable.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 5:46 AM, EskeRahn said:

Off topic:

In that link i stumbled upon

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

That allows the Pro1 to charge while staying turned off. I do not know if there is a good reason for them to turn this feature Off by default (Or maybe it is Off by default without FxTec changing it?) Tried it On with slow charging, and from what I can see it works exactly as you would expect. Will try with fast charge when the level is sufficiently low for it to make sense. Works fine with fast charging too.

ADD: When the off-mode-charge is Off, the device will automatically power up when power is applied.

IMG_20191205_134622~01.jpg

I get an error when I run the command while I'm booted into the bootloader. Do I need to run the command while the device and powered on? Do I need root or have the bootloader unlocked?

Edited by ThiccAl
added another Q
27 minutes ago, ThiccAl said:

I get an error when I run the command while I'm booted into the bootloader. Do I need to run the command while the device and powered on? Do I need root or have the bootloader unlocked?

I think the bootloader has to be unlocked, not 100% sure. No for the other questions, should work simply in fastboot mode.

Edited by netman
26 minutes ago, ThiccAl said:

How did you get into the bootloader?

What do you get if you run "fastboot devices"?

37 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I did neither, so no.

When I get home, I'll try it again and post the output I get from command prompt and tell you guys exactly what I did. I just want it enabled after reading some stories about how some owners cannot charge their phone after it dies. I don't want to risk that happening to me

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I did neither, so no.

You locked your bootloader?   I thought you got your device in the first couple baches (like me) that came with unlocked bootloader and dev options already enabled, and surely your early dev unit had unlocked bootloader....

Edited by Craig
19 minutes ago, Craig said:

You locked your bootloader?   I thought you got your device in the first couple baches (like me) that came with unlocked bootloader and dev options already enabled, and surely your early dev unit had unlocked bootloader....

I think he gets a new one sent to him every 2 weeks. 🙂

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Craig said:

523185184_IMG_20200212_22232401.jpg.3d2dc0d83ca05a771789e50130404fec.jpg

image.png.b2bea84c84408fecce6401fe43020f57.png

If I remember right I locked them to get the google certification, but could remember wrong.

• Like 1

So I enabled developer options, enabled USB debugging and enabled OEM unlocking. I opened my command prompt as administrator, entered the following:

- adb devices (device showed up)

- adb reboot bootloader (phone went into bootloader)

- fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1 and it returned the following:

C:\platform-tools_r29.0.5-windows\platform-tools>fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1
                                                   FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error))
fastboot: error: Command failed

C:\platform-tools_r29.0.5-windows\platform-tools>

I'm not stranger to rooting devices and messing with the bootloader, I have no idea what I could be doing wrong, hopefully someone here can think of something.

my build number is 20200106110245.

my fastboot menu shows the device state is locked, secure boot - no

Edited by ThiccAl
added a little more info
8 hours ago, ThiccAl said:

So I enabled developer options, enabled USB debugging and enabled OEM unlocking. I opened my command prompt as administrator, entered the following:

- adb devices (device showed up)

- adb reboot bootloader (phone went into bootloader)

Try entering

fastboot oem device-info

to see if it looks like the above, or something different.

7 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Try entering

fastboot oem device-info

to see if it looks like the above, or something different.

fastboot oem device-info

I've tried two different USB and two different ports...This is kind of stumping me. Maybe I could try a fresh sdk installation?

Edited by ThiccAl
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, ThiccAl said:

fastboot oem device-info

Hmm what does the screen look like, it sound like you are not in bootloader mode. It should look somewhat like my image above.

What does fastboot devices say?

ADD: Can it do a fastboot reboot

31 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Hmm what does the screen look like, it sound like you are not in bootloader mode. It should look somewhat like my image above.

What does fastboot devices say?

My screen looks exactly like yours, when I type fastboot devices, it returns with the serial number listed in the fastboot menu

C:\platform-tools_r29.0.5-windows\platform-tools>fastboot reboot
Rebooting                                          FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error))

Edited by ThiccAl
21 minutes ago, ThiccAl said:

My screen looks exactly like yours, when I type fastboot devices, it returns with the serial number listed in the fastboot menu

How odd htat you are not allowed to request the device-info?!? Can you send a "fastboot reboot" ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ThiccAl said:

C:\platform-tools_r29.0.5-windows\platform-tools>fastboot reboot
Rebooting                                          FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error))

I had a similar issue with my PC; all fastboot commands would yield this error. I tried using my old laptop running PopOS and all fastboot commands worked fine. I later tried PopOS on my tower and still no go. Maybe something with IO ports being newer hardware?

Edited by itsdevilslettuce
  • Thanks 2