Let's Talk Cases.

So, after a few days I've come to the conclusion that I'm not too keen on the supplied sleeve. It was a nice gesture by F(x)Tec, considering you can pay £1000 for some phones and not get a protective cover. But I find the case a bit too tight and not too keen on using so much force to insert and take the phone out.
So I decided to buy another case and found this one in a local shop. Let's see everyone else's cases.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4
14 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

https://eskerahn.dk/?p=3620

and I got a new one too, bit the page is not updatet with this yet.

Thanks for the heads up. I have actually butchered cases about to make phones fit. My next project will be my Xperia X. I've got a Bluetooth Micro Keyboard on order that I plan to mate with it, so I'll have it to hand when I open the case. But as for the Pro1, I'm not finished yet. I'm planning on a trip to the nearest big city to scour the phone shops for bargain bin cases that might fit the bill. (Not really, I'm going just to flash the Pro1 off and annoy the hell outa them) 😂😂

• Haha 4
19 hours ago, MickH said:

My next project will be my Xperia X. I've got a Bluetooth Micro Keyboard on order that I plan to mate with it, so I'll have it to hand when I open the case. 

😂😂

Nice. What keyboard did you go for? Any thoughts on modding the case to make it rigid when open? I'm just interested as I've thought about doing similar.

I used as long as possible the Nokia E7 and I try several Cases.

I feel with the E7 without case not very safe to flip the Display with the Slider. Everytime it feels that it slips out of the hand.

The same I feel now with the Pro1 and is even much bigger and the keyboard longer.

I found this Leather Case. First I thought it looks so boring like an old suitcase my father goes to work with BUT it was the best I ever had.

- Screen protected

- fast and easy to open

- and the best you have the Leather part in your hands and you can push harder to get the slider open and it still feels safe in your hands.

- better writing experience, because you can move the fingers more on the Keyboard and with this Letaher part between your hands all feels very safe.

I add here some pictures how this thing look's in 2019 .... I 2011 it was new 😄

IMG_20191223_140001.jpg

IMG_20191223_135944.jpg

IMG_20191223_135859.jpg

Edited by PanicBrothers
mistakes
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, PanicBrothers said:

I add here some pictures how this thing look's in 2019 .... I 2011 it was new 😄

You would find this very close.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273929614068?var=573824044761

I have yet to update my blog-post on cases with this one, that is slightly better than the one for the Samsung Note 7, mainly due to the magnet system.

1 hour ago, PanicBrothers said:

Which Model is as close as possible....The P20 Huawai Pro??? The lite version should be smaller

I included the Var in the link, yes the Huawei P20 Pro. And note that the mechanism closing, is more like what you are used to, than the one for the Note7 I first modified, with the long magnetic flap.

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, PanicBrothers said:

I just bought in a Store cellularline Case for P3 Pro...looks not bad..of course some mods needes but it fits nor bad

P30, or?

I fear that it might be a bit high, and thus potentially disturbing the slider, but let us know 🙂

8 hours ago, glumreaper said:

Nice. What keyboard did you go for? Any thoughts on modding the case to make it rigid when open? I'm just interested as I've thought about doing similar.

It was one that I found on Wish. Not sure on what the mod will be like yet. Once I get the keyboard I can get me thinking 'ead on.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I finally pulled myself togethher and updated the above with the flip case for a Huawei p20 Pro

IMG_20191228_113713_HDR~01.jpg

That case opens in the opposite direction to mine. Did you put the phone in upside down?
The front cover of mine opens so it protrudes from under the keyboard.

6 minutes ago, MickH said:

That case opens in the opposite direction to mine. Did you put the phone in upside down?
The front cover of mine opens so it protrudes from under the keyboard.

Yes upside down. Oddly I was not able to find any cases designed for right handed people, only for holding in right hand in portrait and operate with the left (really odd as most people are right handed BTW)

• Like 2

My Sidekick cases rocked. They were two piece + screen protector. They handled well with great tactile aesthetics.
Angle screen was no problem. Nor was the curved bevel. I had 53 depending on my mood. They can make them the research is null.

With Hello Kitty please.

sidekick 4g case.jpg

sidekick 4g case1.jpg

sidekick 4g case2.jpeg

$_57.JPG

• Like 4
On 12/23/2019 at 2:32 PM, EskeRahn said:

You would find this very close.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273929614068?var=573824044761

I have yet to update my blog-post on cases with this one, that is slightly better than the one for the Samsung Note 7, mainly due to the magnet system.

Hi Eske,

Thank you doing all the testing. Geat to see the issues and solutions!!!  I was also looking to find a proper solution until an "original" cover for the pro1 appears.

Just wondering why you rotate the flip cover 180° instead of using it in the "normal" position like the original Nokia leather case for the E7, so even the camera might fit to the original opening of the Huawei p20 Pro?
I do not have my pro1 yet, so I cannot judge by myself yet. So I am curious why you make all the effort of making  the hole for the camera.

I loved the good one for the E7 these days. I am completly with the PanicBrothers!!! I have the same good experience.  

https://www.empetel.es/Funda-Original-Nokia-CP-501-para-Nokia-E7

For me it was the best combination ever!!! 
So I hope there will be an original pro 1 like that to bring back the good old times :)

thanks in advance for your answer 

curious greetings,

Klaus

• Like 1