On 1/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, pebert said:

When using Chrome, nothing happens when clicking the link, duckduckgo gets the .bin file. 

Will try renaming it

I just tried downloading it with Chrome on Windows 10 PC and on my Pro1 stock Android 9 both give me an APK.
Which platform are you trying to download it from?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fx Service is an Android application notably enabling Pro1 smart case support. It also provides various solutions to common Pro1 problems or simply new features including: Smart case support:

Just released v0.8.0. Now it's not just useful it looks good too 😉  

Yes it should but some development is needed. I guess you would notably need to check if you are in a phone call to avoid locking the phone while calling for instance. It's usually straight for

Posted Images

15 hours ago, pebert said:

from my pro1, running AICP

Not sure how that could impact downloading from slions.net!?

15 hours ago, pebert said:

BTW, I could not get  the magnetic sensor thing to work, ,It reports scanCode 468 keydown flag is "8" and keyup flag is "808"

Fx Service is expecting Fn+F3 to signal for case close. It's not looking for the scan code though but for the key code. That's key code 133 and modifier flag 8.  Ideally we should not look at arbitrary fake key events but we should use the sensor itself, that should make for a more portable solution. However I could not find that sensor on stock. It looks like it was not exposed for some reason.

Edited by Slion

Don´t see how that would impact either, but I did have some strange IT-issues lately, must be my  aura. Suddenly all file associations on my WIN10 laptop are gone, the network config file on Debian server became corrupt, my router running DD-wrt had a file system crash, and my Cisco switch is not responding to SSH any longer. 

And all this whitin 3 weeks time... start feeling really scary

anyway, If I map scancode 468 to keycode  133 it should work?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • 6 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 8:45 PM, pebert said:

anyway, If I map scancode 468 to keycode  133 it should work?

Nope, it would not work.

However from version v1.1.0 Fx Service supports Lineage OS 18.1. Maybe that would work for you.
I can tell you it would not work if you are based on Android 9 cause Fx Service would then assume you are running stock.
It could work if you are based on Android 10 or 11 or anything above 9 for that matter.

Just released Fx Service v1.1.0 with support for Lineage 0S 18.1
Should work on LOS 17.1 too but it won't on 16 at the moment.

https://slions.net/resources/fx-service.8/

I have yet to test the release version I uploaded but the debug version worked fine.
Though I did not use it for any length of time so I can't tell you how stable it is.
I have not tested for regression on stock ROM but I reckon it should work just the same as before and does not bring anything more so you could stick to the previous version if you are on stock.

When the accessibility service turns on it should display some toast messages.
If no toasts are displayed when you turn on the service then turn if off and back on again, then it should kick in and show the messages.

The waking up of the screen through proximity sensor when opening the case only works once apparently. I would need to look into it but it's known to be acting up on Android 9 already so don't hope for much there.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Slion said:

Pushed a new version that should fix screen wake up by proximity sensor when opening the case.

Seems to work fine as I went to bed but it did not work in the morning anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 8/24/2021 at 12:28 AM, Slion said:

Just released Fx Service v1.1.0 with support for Lineage 0S 18.1

Nice 🙂

But does it REALLY need the Accessibility rights for this? (I do not care for any of the other functionality of the package, that is why I stay on v0.4 on stock)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

But does it REALLY need the Accessibility rights for this? (I do not care for any of the other functionality of the package, that is why I stay on v0.4 on stock)

Yes the the whole thing is implemented around that accessibility service. I don't even recall how it was done before. Your data is mine 😁

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Slion said:

Yes the the whole thing is implemented around that accessibility service. I don't even recall how it was done before. Your data is mine 😁

(on stock triggering the hall sensors sends a key-combo)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Having switched to Lineage OS as my daily driver I quickly noticed a couple of apps still don't support landscape namely: Reddit and Microsoft Teams. Thankfully the "Force landscape when keyboard is open" feature from Fx Service still works great, to my surprise. Congrats to self 😁

Edited by Slion
  • Haha 2

Just an idea on Lineage.
Perhaps you should grey-out or hide the screenfilter when on lineage, until you find a workaround?

In the Advance settings I guess the four key-filters are irrelevant to Lineage too, right? If so you might hide (or disable) when on Lineage.

I know that on stock you had to use the proximity sensor to wake the screen, as the hall sensor did not fire. Does the same go for Lineage?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

In the Advance settings I guess the four key-filters are irrelevant to Lineage too, right?

I think so.

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

I know that on stock you had to use the proximity sensor to wake the screen, as the hall sensor did not fire. Does the same go for Lineage?

It does fire as a keyboard key, but even as an accessibility service you don't get it because the screen is locked. Same issue on Lineage yes until we implement a proper sensor for it. See post and link above.

5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Perhaps you should grey-out or hide the screenfilter when on lineage, until you find a workaround?

I may get around doing some clean-up at some point yes.

• Haha 1

An odd bug with 1.1.3, on AICP-R:

It very often auto-opens when lid closed, after some seconds. (with the "....screen lock aborted")

It MIGHT be related to the motion detector, as it seems easier to have it stay off when on a table. But there are no full correlation, at the best a tendency, but could be multiple factors, that effect when it triggers and when not.

A not too slow 'close-open-close' on a table seems to work quite often.

• Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing you should know is that the smart case screen wake up feature using the proximity sensor causes a significant drain of the battery. My guess is that it somehow prevents the device to go into deep sleep. I reckon it could drain around 8% of the battery from a full charge. I simply disabled it.

Screenshot_20210928-100524_Settings.thumb.png.8c55bbf3f7d5b44e2f4b297bbb6b46b1.png

Edited by Slion
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Slion said:

One thing you should know is that the smart case screen wake up feature using the proximity sensor causes a significant drain of the battery. My guess is that it somehow prevents the device to go into deep sleep. I reckon it could drain around 8% of the battery from a full charge. I simply disabled it.

I do not use it either. But thanks for the warning to those that do. (there are no measurable costs for the function detecting a close with the HAL-sensor though)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, brunoais said:

The only one I'd like to have is screen off when proximity sensor detects closed. Does your program have that (or maybe it's already included in the OS)?

If you add a strategically placed magnet to your case it does. You can get these very tiny (and cheap), I bought various sizes from ebay,

(display the below at full size in normal portrait for position)

Pro1_Hall_Sensor_Top.png

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, brunoais said:

The only one I'd like to have is screen off when proximity sensor detects closed. Does your program have that (or maybe it's already included in the OS)?

Yes, that's the main feature 😁

• Thanks 1