Fx Service is an Android application notably enabling Pro1 smart case support.
It also provides various solutions to common Pro1 problems or simply new features including:

• Smart case support: configurable lock and wake functionalities.
  • Screen filter overlay to lower display brightness beyond system settings.
  • Configurable vibration upon keyboard key action.
  • Alternative auto-rotate solution to bypass system auto-rotate which tends to get stuck.
  • Filter out unwanted system key input.

Feel free to post here to discuss bugs and feature requests.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 10
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fx Service is an Android application notably enabling Pro1 smart case support. It also provides various solutions to common Pro1 problems or simply new features including: Smart case support:

Just released v0.8.0. Now it's not just useful it looks good too 😉  

Yes it should but some development is needed. I guess you would notably need to check if you are in a phone call to avoid locking the phone while calling for instance. It's usually straight for

Posted Images

This is great!!

One thing that i missed from my old phone was smart cover function. I tried android program that was doing same with just a proximity sensor but i didn't like that as it shut down the screen when ever i placed my hand even a little bit over the phone.

Getting your program to work was bit difficult at first because i didn'n know that you had to allow it to work from accessibility menu. Also getting the magnet to line up perfectly with the hall sensor needed a few tries.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Raafu1 said:

didn'n know that you had to allow it to work from accessibility menu.

It says so on the home page 😁
Actually I already implemented changes in the application to make this process easier. Will pubish a new version soon.

55 minutes ago, Raafu1 said:

Also getting the magnet to line up perfectly with the hall sensor needed a few tries.

Yes that was tricky too but once you get it right it works flawlesly.

Edited by Slion
1 hour ago, Raafu1 said:

One thing that i missed from my old phone was smart cover function

Same for me, I was so happy when I found out Pro1 had such sensor too.
If you use a flip cover it's just awesome. I have the screen timout set to 10 minutes so basically if the cover is open I don't want the screen to go off. It only goes off when closing the case. 🥳

Just curious. Does this include some library, or how does this end up at 1918KB ? Browsing through the source even the small images in various resolutions could not get it anyway near (the source adds up to 1/10th).

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Just curious. Does this include some library or an image file, or how does this end up at 1918KB ?

Good point, by comparison Fx Qwerty is a lot smaller. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that Fx Service is using androidx jetpack stuff, though to be fair I have no clue. Maybe I just messed up some packing optimisations somehow.

13 minutes ago, Slion said:

Good point, by comparison Fx Qwerty is a lot smaller. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that Fx Service is using androidx jetpack stuff, though to be fair I have no clue. Maybe I just messed up some packing optimisations somehow.

In my book it always raises suspicion when a very simple thing comes in a large package I immediately think: Hey is this compiled on an infected PC and used as a mule by some malware? And I'm especially cautious/suspicious when it is an app that (for good reasons) needs high privileges. So would be nice if you could dig into the "Why". 🙂

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Slion said:

androidx jetpack

I'm pretty sure that's what it is as it seems that the idea with JetPack is that it gets updated a lot more often than the android platform. It's basically a way for Google to make sure apps are running high quality code even on devices that are not getting updates anymore. The downside is that the app developer seems to be responsible for doing the update himself and the package is a lot larger obviously. My two cents.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

So would be nice if you could dig into the "Why"

I won't bother going any further than that for now. But please be my guest, compile that APK on your machine and tell me what you get.

Suggestions

1) on the first one.

I would suggest to immediately turn screen and touch sensing off BUT do not LOCK the device until the specified time-out

image.png.d29199e5f3cc7697b3da336021702cb9.png

Similar to Settings, Security&Location, Screen lock, Automatically Lock
PERHAPS doing some pulsing with the notification LED to warn that it is not yet locked.

2) Why not offer an option to lock on keyboard close. Some of us are used to that from ancient devices. (I doubt I would use it though, but others in the forum have been asking for it)

I do not quite get the four filters. Especially the two last on keyboard open/close. What does the program do/not do when these are enabled/disabled?

• Like 2
  1. I was thinking about that too. I'm not sure how doable that is.
  2. That's also considered. Was even doing some brainstroming on how to cancel it optionally for situations where you just close the keyboard to go landscape.
  3. Filters are there to prevent those events to reach the focused application. For instance, as it is, if you close your keyboard while looking at Chrome, it will reload the page you are looking at because F5 reaches Chrome. Filter lets you fix that, optionally.
  • Thanks 1

This looks a little like WaveUp, but as it's geared towards the Pro1 I guess it's a little more refined for our use.

The thing I noticed about using WaveUp is if you get your fingers too close to the proximity sensor the phone buzzes to warn you that it's about to lock the screen in X number of seconds if you don't move them, unless you add the app you're using to an ignore list.

Out of interest, where is the magnetic sensor on the Pro1?
On the Sony Xperia X it's in the bottom left corner of the screen, so I've just stuck a neodymium magnet to the inside of the case and it works great.

• Like 1
On 3/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, EskeRahn said:

I would suggest to immediately turn screen and touch sensing off BUT do not LOCK the device until the specified time-out

I just implemented that. It should be part of the next release.

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, kashif said:

Do we need to buy some smart case to use it?

if so which one to buy?

You need to do one yourself 🙂

I've used Huawei P20 Pro Cases - Snakehive. Search the forum for more screenshots. Minimal modifications needed.

Then you need to slide in a flat magnet at the right position in the credit card holder. I used some sticky tape to keep it in place. It's totally invisible.

Some of the app features do not need a smart case though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just released v0.4.0 :

• Screen goes off as soon as you close the case whatever is your lock timeout.
  • Seamless brightness adjustments using ALT+UP/DOWN if you are using Fx Qwerty or other keyboard layout providing brightness control.
  • Settings look better and screen brightness is easier to access from there. Remember long press on the Fx quick settings tile take you to the settings. 
  • Thanks 3
20 hours ago, Slion said:

Screen goes off as soon as you close the case whatever is your lock timeout.

Thanks, works like a charm AND you forgot to advertise that it nicely re-awakes the screen by the magnet only, if re-opened before the Lock-time-out. 😎

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Thanks, works like a charm AND you forgot to advertise that it nicely re-awakes the screen by the magnet only, if re-opened before the Lock-time-out. 😎

Glad you like it. It was doing that before already, well except that before it was only cancelling the lock timeout 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Slion changed the title to Fx Service, smart case for Pro1