6 hours ago, ahunter said:

The Fx count down timer does not display properly sometimes. When shutting screen. 

No cancel button displayed and the dialogue window seems to be stretched and attached to the right hand frame of the screen.

Can you find a way to reproduce it? I never ran into that issue myself.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fx Service is an Android application notably enabling Pro1 smart case support. It also provides various solutions to common Pro1 problems or simply new features including: Smart case support:

Just released v0.8.0. Now it's not just useful it looks good too 😉  

Yes it should but some development is needed. I guess you would notably need to check if you are in a phone call to avoid locking the phone while calling for instance. It's usually straight for

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Slion said:

strangely no at this moment. I have been playing full screen you tube for my son a fair bit. I will try take note of what is open when it happens. 

• Thanks 1

Just released v0.9.0 adding Auto-sync scheduler feature which is primarily intended to workaround the following issue and should slightly improve battery life for anyone.

Auto-sync scheduler is still brand new and needs more testing so keep an eye open for bugs.

Seems to be happening when entering text, from chrome browser, even as I am typing in here. Also happens from messenger. Not all the time though.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:42 PM, Slion said:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jordi said:

Would it be possible to use the proximity sensor instead of the magnetic one?

Yes it should but some development is needed. I guess you would notably need to check if you are in a phone call to avoid locking the phone while calling for instance.

1 hour ago, Jordi said:

I made a flip case and I would like to avoid to insert a magnet.

It's usually straight forward and more reliable that the proximity sensor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm considering adding a feature to disable the fingerprint reader temporarily while the proximity sensor is triggered for instance, or when the case is closed. That should eliminate the very few remaining instances of "too many attempts". However, I wonder if it could be too slow to react making the unlocking experience unbearably slower.

See:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45525658/temporarily-disabling-fingerprint  

• 2 months later...

Just published release v0.9.2 adding an option to disable the touch screen for those of us experiencing ghost touch inputs.
Just be careful with it as I don't know what happens if you reboot your device while this is on for instance. 
Please don't blame me if you need to reset your phone because of it 😁

I've updated the certificate so you will need to uninstall the previous version first.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1

I'm thinking of adding an option to vibrate on key press, that should be fun and help compensate for my left Ctrl key that's not giving any tactile feedback anymore.

19 hours ago, Slion said:

I'm thinking of adding an option to vibrate on key press, that should be fun and help compensate for my left Ctrl key that's not giving any tactile feedback anymore.

Vibration feedback upon key press is now available in the latest version, go fetch it you know where. It's fairly basic and weird at first but I quite like it. It would be nice to be able to customise the feedback for every single key or even to use system settings for audio and vibration feedback but that should do for now.

13 hours ago, Slion said:

Vibration feedback upon key press is now available in the latest version, go fetch it you know where. It's fairly basic and weird at first but I quite like it. It would be nice to be able to customise the feedback for every single key or even to use system settings for audio and vibration feedback but that should do for now.

I can't install the latest on update on Pro1. When I press the APK file nothing happens. However, I am able to to install older version just fine. Is it just me?

Suggestion: It would be great if there would be an option to schedule only the screen filter. Mostly I use screen filter when I am going to sleep. Now I just manually toggle filter on at bedtime since the adaptive brightness is not working for me very well. (I don't know if I should disable stock adaptive brightness from Android settings when I am using Fx Service). Other than that Fx Service is very good app with flip cover.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

can't install the latest on update on Pro1. When I press the APK file nothing happens. However, I am able to to install older version just fine. Is it just me

Uninstall the older version. Certificate was change.

• Thanks 2

adaptive brightness (From Fx Service)

It's indeed pretty useless cause the light sensor lacks precision in low light conditions. I used to use it only to disable screen filter until I just gave up on it. It is easier to just turn the screen filter on and off yourself. There is a quick settings tile to do that or Ctrl+Fn+O. Long press the quick settings tile will take you to Fx Service app where you can easily adjust the brightness or with Fx Qwerty Alt + Up or Down. 

Edited by Slion
  • Thanks 1

don't know if I should disable stock adaptive brightness from Android settings when I am using Fx Service

Leave it on, here again Fx Service provides a quick settings tile to toggle it.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Slion said:

Ctrl+Fn+O

Maybe it's Ctrl+Alt+O on your layout. I'm using Fx Qwerty with swapped Fn and Alt key for easier Alt+Tab access so I get confused sometimes  😁

Just published release v0.9.4.

It adds support for screen rotation override. Basically it implements its own screen rotation logic from accelerometer and magnetometer.
It comes with its own Quick Settings tile too. Just disable system auto-rotate and use the one provided by Fx Service instead.
It's an attempt at fixing our issue where screen rotation get stuck until you launch the camera app.
Time will tell if it works, your feedback is most welcome.

18 hours ago, Slion said:

Maybe it's Ctrl+Alt+O on your layout. I'm using Fx Qwerty with swapped Fn and Alt key for easier Alt+Tab access so I get confused sometimes  😁

Interestingly both Ctrl+Alt+O and Ctrl+Fn+O are working. I am using FinQwerty with "QWERTZ to Finnish" layout.

Thanks for the tips. Those tiles are very handy.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Interestingly both Ctrl+Alt+O and Ctrl+Fn+O

Ho, that's what it was, I probably put both shortcuts so that it would work the same as far as user is concerned on all layouts. The original intent was indeed to have it work as Ctrl+Fn+O as you can do it with two thumbs.

Edited by Slion
  • Thanks 1

A bit late to the party 😁

But how does this fare up against WaveUp? I've been using that for a while now and although it's been generally good, it does have its moments, like every so often I feel the Pro1 buzzing like crazy in my hand (probably the proximity sensor picking up the case moving.)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MickH said:

But how does this fare up against WaveUp?

Fx Service relies on hall sensor to detect closing of the case and proximity sensor only for opening of the case. It's therefore more reliable than WaveUp to detect case closure. All you need to do is install a thin magnet opposite the hall sensor in your case.

Then Fx Service does also a bunch of other things specific to Pro1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/3/2020 at 11:28 PM, Slion said:

It adds support for screen rotation override. Basically it implements its own screen rotation logic from accelerometer and magnetometer.
It comes with its own Quick Settings tile too. Just disable system auto-rotate and use the one provided by Fx Service instead.
It's an attempt at fixing our issue where screen rotation get stuck until you launch the camera app.
Time will tell if it works, your feedback is most welcome.

So far I'm really happy with Fx Service auto-rotate. It does appear to fix our stuck rotation issues. It does not appear to negatively impact battery usage.

However it looks like it could be optimized a bit. Maybe by adding some hysteresis and disabling it when the display is off. Mine tends to always be in portrait when I unlock my phone. Nevertheless it's already totally usable.

Edited by Slion
  • Slion changed the title to Fx Service, smart case for Pro1