Camera PX

There are no downsides to this app.
It's idiot proof, great resolution, shutter sound...

Even the selfie camera takes beautiful HDR+ images with built in stabilization.

POint and click - no flash
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZBMapTnfqU1PGdbZ8

Selfie camera
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5tVxEohyarddUzET8

Edited by sequestris
  • Thanks 2

Interesting! Where do you get it? It doesn't show up in my Play Store, although Play Store search suggest several versions of it while typing.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 1

That was I think the first gcam port I tried.   I seemed to recall that the shutter button did not work with it at all, am I wrong?    I assumed it was cuz pixel doesn't have shutter button....

If it does support camera button,  please share you d/l link so we know we're trying the same version.    I personally use opencamera since it's the camera app I'd found that seems to support everything, but I know people say gcam takes better pictures...

17 hours ago, Craig said:

That was I think the first gcam port I tried.   I seemed to recall that the shutter button did not work with it at all, am I wrong?    I assumed it was cuz pixel doesn't have shutter button....

If it does support camera button,  please share you d/l link so we know we're trying the same version.    I personally use opencamera since it's the camera app I'd found that seems to support everything, but I know people say gcam takes better pictures...

Where IS the camera button?

Are you 100% sure it works?  Half press to focus, press-release for shutter?   I tried that exact same version myself last year and it didn't support shutter, see https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2552-reccommend-gcam-port-for-pro¹/?tab=comments#comment-37339

Others have recommended a pocophone port, which I do still have installed now, but it doesnt support button either, which his why I still use opencamera.

Edited by Craig
8 hours ago, sequestris said:

Ha. I had no idea what that button Was - thanks!
And yes it works.

It's a very nice modded camera app that I will certainly play around with, but I am not able to get the camera button to work with the app you linked to @sequestris are you sure it's not just opening up Snapdragon Camera and you didn't notice?

Speaking of, @Craig I can get OpenCamera to FOCUS with the camera button I'm pretty sure, but not actually take a picture when I press it all the way in.  It just opens SnapDragon Camera if I press it all the way in for more than an instant.  What version of OpenCamera are you on?  And did you do anything else to make this work like uninstall SnapDragon Camera or something?

I'd love to know cause I have like 6 camera apps installed at this point and not sure which one to keep or use regularly.

Also I was trying to use the app Citizen the other day and when I opened the camera in the app, it wouldn't focus at all 😞 anyone know why that might be?  I'm pretty sure there's no fix for it since our phone is so niche, the app developer will never be able to test / fix for Pro1...

First thing is you gotta workaround a stock bug they still haven't fixed (afaik) - longpress of camera button opening snagpdragon app, even when you set another app as your default camera app.  I'm now on lineage which never had this issue, but when I ran stock,  to get around this I used keymapper to assign long-press of camera button to default camera.  Then whatever camera app you set as default will open with longpress, and you won't accidentally switch to snapdragon app when playing with button.

Half-press focus is tricky to get just right (and I think the hardware coulda been done better....).  But yeah like you observed it does work in opencamera if you can manage to half-press it right.   Probably gotta disable auto-focus for it to be very useful tho. 

Edited by Craig
  • Thanks 1

I tried this app, and while it's a nice GCam implementation, it suffers from what all the other GCam ports for the Pro1 seem to, namely: the viewfinder in Night Sight mode is still upside down. Also the Nigh Vision algorithms aren't as good as some of the other ports, the results are kinda grainy. Too bad, I prefer the newer UI on this one.

On 4/30/2020 at 10:26 PM, Pete said:

It's a very nice modded camera app that I will certainly play around with, but I am not able to get the camera button to work with the app you linked to @sequestris are you sure it's not just opening up Snapdragon Camera and you didn't notice?

No. I checked and it is very specifically mapped to the new app.
I know the Snapdragon camera interface and this is not it.
I didn't do anything special other than select that as default camera (which was an option that popped up when I first installed it).

On 5/3/2020 at 5:30 PM, sequestris said:

No editing.

cubs.thumb.jpg.df67d155b81a0f3646cb9b9c630be16f.jpg

So you were watching an old World Series game.  Because I'm pretty sure you didn't have a Pro1 back then.  😂  Go Cubs!

• Haha 1
On 5/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, Hook said:

So you were watching an old World Series game.  Because I'm pretty sure you didn't have a Pro1 back then.  😂  Go Cubs!

Yeah. Blu-ray of Game 7. Go Cubbies! 

• Haha 1