IMEI S/N Barcode Sticker

I'm going to assume the sticker in the back is not needed for warranty? The whole thing practically rubbed off from one week of use, it's just a blank silver sticker at this point.

Not sure why this isn't in the About screen (it's allowed by the authorities, quite a few manufacturers allow that, and some info is already in the screen) or put the sticker under the slider. However I do notice the serial number on the sticker doesn't match the one in software.

Edited by ToniCipriani
58 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

No idea why they did it never bought a phone with the IMEI number stuck on the phone.

It is rather common in my experience.  For example, ZTE also does this.

It is probably not a huge deal to have the sticker showing, as your identity is attached to your SIM card not your phone.  But no reason to take any chances that someone could do something nefarious.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Craig said:

Besides that tho as mentioned, the print wears of the sticker very quickly.  If you don't remove the sticker right away, you'll loose your sticker serial number forever 😞

That is why I have removed it immediately from my daily driver as I saw in this forum that it worn quickly.
I put it to my F(x)tec greeting card card in the box.

...then I put a durable foil on the back of the phone... 🙂

Also, I cut a P20 back case and my phone sits in that since then and it also has a foil on the screen. 🙂

I hope they will protect the phone when it is necessary.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Craig said:

Besides that tho as mentioned, the print wears of the sticker very quickly.  If you don't remove the sticker right away, you'll loose your sticker serial number forever 😞

It's still kinda readable actually, if you shine a light at the right angle you see the number.

Still useless and not really thought out.

Edited by ToniCipriani
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, tdm said:

It is rather common in my experience.  For example, ZTE also does this.

It is probably not a huge deal to have the sticker showing, as your identity is attached to your SIM card not your phone.  But no reason to take any chances that someone could do something nefarious.

Or do  what every other phone company does... just flash it into the phone's system.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, ToniCipriani said:

Or do  what every other phone company does... just flash it into the phone's system.

Erhm, they DO have a flashed serial number [Settings ► About phone ► Model & Hardware] - the odd thing is that the eight hex digits does not relate to what is on the sticker (at the least not in a human readable way)

6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Erhm, they DO have a flashed serial number [Settings ► About phone ► Model & Hardware] - the odd thing is that the eight hex digits does not relate to what is on the sticker (at the least not in a human readable way)

I already pointed this out in the original post...

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, ToniCipriani said:

I'm going to assume the sticker in the back is not needed for warranty? The whole thing practically rubbed off from one week of use, it's just a blank silver sticker at this point.

Not sure why this isn't in the About screen (it's allowed by the authorities, quite a few manufacturers allow that, and some info is already in the screen) or put the sticker under the slider. However I do notice the serial number on the sticker doesn't match the one in software.

4 days after getting the phone and it's already fading. I gather they just slap it on to abide by some country's regulations. FCC or their counterparts in any one country?

I'm just going to peel off mine right now and stick it to the box or manual. Oh wait, already did it before submitting this post 😁

Now I have a different-coloured rectangular patch on the back of my phone. Sort of a lighter shade of gunmental black. Maybe it'll even out with the rest as time goes on?