LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

17 hours ago, Slion said:

I'm assuming it still does not have proper dark theme support and built-in gesture navigations which to me are major motivations for switching to LOS

Sorry, I do not know anything about that. I am no Android power-user, I just want the OS to run the few apps I need to make it through the day. LOS 16 fulfils that requirement.

I compile the upstream LOS 16 sources following the instructions in the LineageOS wiki. The only modification I do locally is to enable AGPS.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

On 6/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, claude0001 said:

For the case anyone else still has interest in LineageOS 16.0, I've made them available here:

http://findus.zwergenschaenke.net/~puma/linux.html#lineagepro1

Build 20210922 is available. It includes the September 5 AOSP security fixes.

As of this release, the build includes a backported patch, originally made by @Slion for LOS 18.1, which allows one to use "Fn-Tab" and "Alt-Tab" equivalently for switching Apps (see this thread). I find that feature really useful when holding the Pro1 by the keyboard.

I have used that modified keyboard driver for weeks without issues. Still, be warned that this code has not been merged into any official LOS branch yet, and should thus be considered experimental. 

Edit:

I think I should clarify: the driver included here corresponds to @Slion's "patchset 7" in 315155, i.e. the version before "modifier passthrough" was introduced. I follow the discussions around improving the keyboard driver in LOS 18.1, but will probably backport to 16.0 only what seems useful to me personally ...

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Build 20210922 is available. It includes the September 5 AOSP security fixes.

As of this release, the build includes a backported patch, originally made by @Slion for LOS 18.1, which allows one to use "Fn-Tab" and "Alt-Tab" equivalently for switching Apps (see this thread). I find that feature really useful when holding the Pro1 by the keyboard.

I have used that modified keyboard driver for weeks without issues. Still, be warned that this code has not been merged into any official LOS branch yet, and should thus be considered experimental. 

Edit:

I think I should clarify: the driver included here corresponds to @Slion's "patchset 7" in 315155, i.e. the version before "modifier passthrough" was introduced. I follow the discussions around improving the keyboard driver in LOS 18.1, but will probably backport to 16.0 only what seems useful to me personally ...

Maybe you can try this... I just uploaded it and will merge to 18.1 in a few days after I clean it up a bit.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998/+/316402

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, daniel.schaaaf said:

Will changes to 18.1 automatically integrate into the 17.1 code?

No, don't think so. Also the device-specific code has distinct branches for 16.0, 17.1, and 18.1.

That patch of @tdm is proposed against 18.1. So if it is accepted, it will be only in there.

Currently the driver in 18.1 is still (almost?) the same as in 16.0 and 17.1 so backporting the patch to your local 17.1 tree should be trivial. That may change in the future, as there are several proposals for improving the keyboard driver in 18.1.

I am loosely following that development, but almost certainly will not backport everything to 16.0, as I am in fact quite happy with the current low-level behaviour of my keyboard, even in complex use-cases (RDP) ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, claude0001 said:

For the case anyone else still has interest in LineageOS 16.0, I've made them available here:

http://findus.zwergenschaenke.net/~puma/linux.html#lineagepro1

Uploaded my LOS 16.0 build dated 20211017. AOSP patchlevel of October 2021. Contains a version of @Slion's experimental "Fn-Tab-as-Alt-Tab" mod as discussed above.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 5