Jump to content

LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DieBruine said:

@tdm

Did you add the rm /persist/data/fingerprint tot the new nightly? 
I ask because I'm having the same issues with my fingerprints being forgotten. I tried rm /persist/data/fingerprint via ADB. Permission denied is what I got. So just to be sure I sideloaded SU-arm64 and searched for /persist/data/fingerprint.... Nowhere to be found. Which is why I'm hoping you added your script. Otherwise I have no idea what's happening here. I will add my fingerprints and reboot again, see what happens.

After a reboot my fingerprints are gone again. Unable to find nor delete /persist/data/fingerprint.

 

Yessir, I certainly did.  But I don't think it does what you expect.  I have no way to correlate the system fingerprints with the vendor fingerprints.  All the script does is check if the system data has been wiped.  If so, it wipes the persist data.  Note that removing all fingerprints does not (currently) count -- the script only checks for the presence of the system fingerprint file, not that it is empty.

 

But you still have the issue of the vendor HAL never deleting fingerprints.  So, if you enroll more than ten fingerprints without deleting the persist data, you will always run into this issue.

 

There is one improvement that I can think to make: I could add a check to see if the system fingerprint file is empty and delete the persist data in that case.  That would allow the persist data to be deleted without a data wipe.  But really, how many people enroll more than ten fingerprints?  And how many of those are not aware of this issue enough to erase the persist data themselves?

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tdm said:

 

My bad... I hope. I forgot to run adb root 😅. Now I will reboot and hope everything is fine... Give me a couple of minutes.

After a reboot my fingerprints are gone again. Unable to find nor delete /persist/data/fingerprint.
Which was completely my mistake. I forgot to run adb root 🥴

rm * /persist/data/fingerprint did the trick for me... Thanks anyway for the response.

By the way, are there plans to enable unlocking before boot back in LOS? I think it was removed in 14.x.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if it is my memory failing me or something has changed with the 20200803 version.

When I dial *#*#INFO#*#* in stock I can choose either "Phone1 information" or "Phone2 Information". And I remember it as the same on Lineage, but now I only see "Phone information"

Is it my memory that fails me, or an accidental change?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I'm not sure if it is my memory failing me or something has changed with the 20200803 version.

When I dial *#*#INFO#*#* in stock I can choose either "Phone1 information" or "Phone2 Information". And I remember it as the same on Lineage, but now I only see "Phone information"

Is it my memory that fails me, or an accidental change?

 

Do you actually have two SIM cards inserted?  I believe Lineage has cleaned up the Qualcomm stuff for multi-SIM so that it looks nicer.  That may include hiding options that are not available/useful.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tdm said:

Do you actually have two SIM cards inserted?  I believe Lineage has cleaned up the Qualcomm stuff for multi-SIM so that it looks nicer.  That may include hiding options that are not available/useful.

Usually not, but inserted two to test the VoLTE issues I got with my primary carrier and the Pro1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 8:07 AM, tdm said:

 

Indeed.  Before you lock, make absolutely sure that you have "allow bootloader unlock" enabled in the security settings.  If you lock with that disabled and anything goes wrong, you need EDL to fix it.  And trust me, EDL is much more finicky about USB ports than fastboot, as many here can testify.

 

thanks for the tip. i was able to lock the device again safely and then unlocked it once more but still no dice. fastboot wont let me flash a custom recovery or the old stock firmware. if i try to choose a slot it says that slots aren't supported on the device

Edited by puppymang
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, puppymang said:

thanks for the tip. i was able to lock the device again safely and then unlocked it once more but still no dice. fastboot wont let me flash a custom recovery or the old stock firmware. if i try to choose a slot it says that slots aren't supported on the device

Then it is most likely a hardware issue.  Try different cables and a different USB port, and even a different host PC.  Many folks  find that host USB-C ports do not work properly, they must use a host USB-A port.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

 

I received my Pro1 a few days ago and am trying Lineage OS for the first time. I'll say hello properly another time but for now I need some help and hope someone is around!

It is currently on its first boot and has been on the little circle travelling right-to-left, following an arc for about 30 minutes. Is this normal? I searched online and read references to it taking a long time (e.g. 15 minutes) for its first boot. Mine is 30 minutes and counting! Shall I just leave it or has something gone wrong?

Also, I couldn't get "fastbot oem unlock" to work (from this page: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1/install) I now realise (from this thread!) that this instruction should have been written "fastboot flashing unlock". At the time I just missed this step out and went to the next step because I could see that under "Developer Options" OEM Unlock was already unlocked.  Was it okay to miss this step or is this the cause of my non-stop first boot?

To fix it, do I have to start again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

Oh, and do I need to do something early on to avoid the forgetting of fingerprints or is this fixed in the latest verrsion of Lineage OS?

Fingerprint issue was a stock thing as far as I know (and experienced).

Edited by DieBruine
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieBruine said:

 

Fingerprint issue was a stock thing as far as I know (and experienced).

Thanks for the quick reply! I ran stock Google Android for a day or two and it seemed to remember my finger prints between the few reboots I did, so that is good. Fingers crossed for Lineage working with prints... if it ever boots?

 

Do you know anothing about how long it should take to boot first time to Lineage OS and if me missing out the "fastbot oem unlock" or "fastboot flashing unlock" has wrecked my first install?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

Thanks for the quick reply! I ran stock Google Android for a day or two and it seemed to remember my finger prints between the few reboots I did, so that is good. Fingers crossed for Lineage working with prints... if it ever boots?

 

Do you know anothing about how long it should take to boot first time to Lineage OS and if me missing out the "fastbot oem unlock" or "fastboot flashing unlock" has wrecked my first install?

Did you remember to wipe the data partition going from Stock to LineageOS? It should not take half an hour to boot. Could be the unlock thing also. I'm not sure.... 😥

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started again, did the "fastboot flashing unlock" and it came back saying that it was already unlocked.

From Recorvery I did a wipe.

I sideloaded the two ZIP files (LOS and Mind the GApps), rebooting inbetween. They seemed to load fine, stating "Total xfer: 1.00x" on the command prompt screen on the computer. On the Pro1, there were errors at the beginning of the LOS load (something about couldn't find somethign on "D:" and "E:", but then went on to load. Sorry I didn't have anything to hand to record this. Also, when sideloading the Mind the GApps stuff, I got a prompt about signature, which I said 'load anyway'

 Selected Reboot from the main screen on Recovery

Now on the same little LOS loading screen with a Circle moving in the arc, right-to-left.

I guess I'll give it half an hour.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

I started again, did the "fastboot flashing unlock" and it came back saying that it was already unlocked.

From Recorvery I did a wipe.

I sideloaded the two ZIP files (LOS and Mind the GApps), rebooting inbetween. They seemed to load fine, stating "Total xfer: 1.00x" on the command prompt screen on the computer. On the Pro1, there were errors at the beginning of the LOS load (something about couldn't find somethign on "D:" and "E:", but then went on to load. Sorry I didn't have anything to hand to record this. Also, when sideloading the Mind the GApps stuff, I got a prompt about signature, which I said 'load anyway'

 Selected Reboot from the main screen on Recovery

Now on the same little LOS loading screen with a Circle moving in the arc, right-to-left.

I guess I'll give it half an hour.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

 

After loading lineage, reboot into recovery again to switch slots. Then load gapps.

Edited by tdm
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I did that! I was following these instructions too from DieBruien:

 When you reboot in to recovery, does this automatically change the slots or is there something I should do in there to make it happen.

 

BTW I have no idea what slots, but will learn later.  Like I say, I am new to Android!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

I think I did that! I was following these instructions too from DieBruien:

 When you reboot in to recovery, does this automatically change the slots or is there something I should do in there to make it happen.

 

BTW I have no idea what slots, but will learn later.  Like I say, I am new to Android!

It may be clearer to read and follow this (but use the official build files, not mine):

 

https://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/lineage.html

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for that guide. I foloowed it and it jogged my mind to check the files I was trying to siddeload. I was trying to sideload the MindTheGapps-8.1.0-arm64-20180808_153856.zip (I guess for Android v. 8 ) when I should have been loading MindTheGapps-9.0.0-arm64-20190615_031441.zip (presumably for Android v. 9 ). Loading the v 9 Mind the G Apps resulted in booting in to Lineage.

So USER ERROR on my behalf!

A rather rough start in the Android world but I'm going to get started setting it up! 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamescarruthers said:

I am loading:

lineage-16.0-20200803-recovery-pro1.img

lineage-16.0-20200803-nightly-pro1-signed.zip

MindTheGapps-8.1.0-arm64-20180808_153856.zip

Dude 🥴... Read 🧐

MindTheGapps-9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 😘

Guess I was too slow 😂 (I'm in a meeting, trying not to get caught).

 

Edited by DieBruine
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jamescarruthers said:

On the Home Screens, when you make a Folder of Apps the name of the folder is displayer in Portrait Mode. In Landscape Mode the names disappear. Is there a way to switch the names on in Landscape mode?

How odd, it stays on mine? What is the name you gave it? (Mine is "Google")

ADD: In Settings, Display, Advanced, I have Font size set to Large and Display size set to small - if that matters....

EDIT: Silly me, Lineage thread. See the same phenomena, sorry. 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jamescarruthers said:

I changed my settings to match you're but still no Folder labels in Landscape. Only a mild irritance but there must be a way to get round it.

 

I just noticed that also the APPS have no name labels while in landscape either!

Oh silly me!! This is the Lineage thread. Yes I see it too. (I do not see it in Stock)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms