PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

I would suggest you walk through these steps. Then you can be assured everything is as it should be. I cannot comment yet on the updating to last versions part. Clearly you had issues with that step. So I would suggest you first try it with this version, and immediately after that go to LOS.
And depending on which version of ADB you're using, the command changed from "fastboot oem unlock" to "fastboot flashing unlock". Maybe you hadn't noticed that?

BTW, I am unable to use SDB over USB C. Luckily my laptop still has one USB A-port. Which by the way is USB 3.x.

Sidenote, after downloading the latest update and clicking install, nothing happens. At least not visible. The first try I saw a notification it was working on the update in de background. Then I thought I'd score some brunch. When I came back, nothing happened. Tried it another three times, downloading, install... Nothing, nada njente... Apart from the choice to download again that is.

i found the fastboot flashing unlock part around here somewhere when i had issues with that so my bootloader is already unlocked. ill see about restoring the stock firmware

so it wont let me reflash the stock firmware..

C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot lineage-16.0-20200727-recovery-pro1.img -v
fastboot: error: Failed to identify current slot

C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot_a lineage-16.0-20200727-recovery-pro1.img -v
fastboot: verbose: target didn't report max-download-size
fastboot: error: cannot get boot partition size

C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash devcfg_a devcfg.mbn -v
fastboot: verbose: target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
Sending 'devcfg_a' (56 KB)                         FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

i tried using both usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 slots and no go. i dont really have any different computers to test this on. once again the device is already unlocked it just wont let me flash anything

42 minutes ago, puppymang said:

Before you flash issue :"fastboot -aa" or "fastboot -ab". This should set your active slot to either a or b. I had a similar issue with my friends FairPhone 3 couple of weeks ago.

You can issue "fastboot getvar all" to check the current active slot. The output somewhere in the beginning should state "bootloader current-slot = a/b". When I experienced similar issues on the FP3, the current active slot was "-". After I set it manually I could flash the phone again.
And maybe, just maybe, LOS will flash now. Check if you have an active slot. Because that (not having an active slot) would explain your issues.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Before you flash issue :"fastboot -aa" or "fastboot -ab". This should set your active slot to either a or b. I had a similar issue with my friends FairPhone 3 couple of weeks ago.

C:\platform-tools>fastboot -aa
Setting current slot to 'a'                        FAILED (remote: 'Invalid Slot')

doesnt seem to want to do anything

3 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Have you tried "fastboot flashing unlock" again? And does your phone still boot? If so, check under Developer options if Android Debugging is still enabled.  Otherwise my next suggestion would be to contact support. 

device still boots fine. ADB runs as soon it the device starts and i usually just use adb reboot bootloader to get to fastboot. if i try to unlock the device again with fastboot it just says its already unlocked

1 hour ago, puppymang said:

so it wont let me reflash the stock firmware..

C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot lineage-16.0-20200727-recovery-pro1.img -v
fastboot: error: Failed to identify current slot

C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot_a lineage-16.0-20200727-recovery-pro1.img -v
fastboot: verbose: target didn't report max-download-size
fastboot: error: cannot get boot partition size

C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash devcfg_a devcfg.mbn -v
fastboot: verbose: target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
Sending 'devcfg_a' (56 KB)                         FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')

i tried using both usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 slots and no go. i dont really have any different computers to test this on. once again the device is already unlocked it just wont let me flash anything

Try reinstalling the ADB device driver I had issues initially due to this.

• Thanks 1

Lock it, reboot, unlock it and then try again. Trust me, I've seen stranger thins. And I'm pretty sure you will find others online who were helped by locking and unlocking again. 
And, I read you tried, but these kind of errors often stem from incompatible cables.

Careful with that. Some in here had locked it and could not unlock without help. Only re-lock if you are sure that it is the official stuff that is running, and it might not be after the failed attempts.

• Thanks 4
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Careful with that. Some in here had locked it and could not unlock without help. Only re-lock if you are sure that it is the official stuff that is running, and it might not be after the failed attempts.

Indeed.  Before you lock, make absolutely sure that you have "allow bootloader unlock" enabled in the security settings.  If you lock with that disabled and anything goes wrong, you need EDL to fix it.  And trust me, EDL is much more finicky about USB ports than fastboot, as many here can testify.

• Thanks 4

Okay, this is interesting. 

I sideloaded the new nightly and rebooted into recovery, which switched the slot from a to b.  Then I went to sideload suaddon (I always re-slash both SU and Gapps) and I got this:

C:\ADB>adb sideload addonsu-16.0-arm64-signed.zip
adb: sideload connection failed: device unauthorized.
This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method...
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: device unauthorized.
This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.

When I issue adb devices, I get the SN and "unauthorized" now (befroe and after adb kill-server.

Never happened before.  Do I need to start over by flashing the new boot image?  Do I flash it to b or a in this case. Or should I flash back to the previous nightly from a week ago.

Help would be appreciated. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Hook said:

When I issue adb devices, I get the SN and "unauthorized" now (befroe and after adb kill-server.

Disconnect and reconnect the USB, reboot the phone, reboot the PC, say some cuss words... This just looks like adb being tempramental.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, netman said:

Disconnect and reconnect the USB, reboot the phone, reboot the PC, say some cuss words... This just looks like adb being tempramental.

I did all that except reboot the computer.  I'd rather not if possible.   When I rebooted phone google play services kept stopping,

Does that mean official has a new recovery that allows loading updates from device?   That would indeed be nice, no more need for usb cables...

I'm still using test18 which, like previous test versions, required adb sideload.

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Does that mean official has a new recovery that allows loading updates from device?   That would indeed be nice, no more need for usb cables...

I'm still using test18 which, like previous test versions, required adb sideload.

Official lineage does OTA updates in the background like stock. No cables needed. But it can take nearly an hour because the updates are full, not incremental. I'm working on incremental support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

@tdm

Did you add the rm /persist/data/fingerprint tot the new nightly? 
I ask because I'm having the same issues with my fingerprints being forgotten. I tried rm /persist/data/fingerprint via ADB. Permission denied is what I got. So just to be sure I sideloaded SU-arm64 and searched for /persist/data/fingerprint.... Nowhere to be found. Which is why I'm hoping you added your script. Otherwise I have no idea what's happening here. I will add my fingerprints and reboot again, see what happens.

After a reboot my fingerprints are gone again. Unable to find nor delete /persist/data/fingerprint.
Which was completely my mistake. I forgot to run adb root 🥴

rm * /persist/data/fingerprint did the trick for me...

Edited by DieBruine
Results

Yeah, but this issue was valid on stock. And it continued on LOS. After reboot, fingerprints are gone. I'm not the only one.

I have NOT had fingerprint issues on Lineage since a much earlier test-version.

I have the sort of 'opposite' phenomena on Stock: Sometimes it forgets the fingerprints, but a restart and enter of the password and they are back. (this was improved with the July update).

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion