Keep unlocked while in slider keyboard mode

Hi Guys

Is there any option, app or solution that will keep the pro1 unlocked while in the keyboard slideout mode?

its one of the option E7 had that would keep it unlocked while sitting on table and touching screen will wake it up to home screen

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On my ancient slider devices i also loved lock on close. I'm not sure that would be good in 2020 though, with all the newer loussy apps not (or poorly) supporting landscape, where it feels natural to slide in to use.

Then it should be something advanced where it locked after close if not 'immediately' turned 90° or some other fancy rule...

Talking wishes here. What about something automatically switching to split mode when a loussy app tries to force to portrait?

3 hours ago, tdm said:

Lineage has a quick settings tile to keep the screen on. It looks like a coffee cup. Not exactly the same but it might work for you.

I don't see this tile and I don't see any control that lets me customize the quick setting tiles.  Am I missing something (Meaning me, not Lineage 😉 )?

8 hours ago, kashif said:

Is there any option, app or solution that will keep the pro1 unlocked while in the keyboard slideout mode?

That could be added to Fx Service I guess. Though if you set your display sleep timeout to like 10mn and use a smart case with Fx Service you already have some similar behaviour.

3 hours ago, Hook said:

I don't see this tile and I don't see any control that lets me customize the quick setting tiles.  Am I missing something (Meaning me, not Lineage 😉 )?

Pull quick settings down and tap the pencil looking icon on the bottom right to edit.

• Thanks 5
7 minutes ago, tdm said:

Pull quick settings down and tap the pencil looking icon on the bottom right to edit.

Nice!  I'll have some fun later.  Some of my apps have been sticking in quick tiles I didn't know about.  😄 

• Like 2

This could be possible with Tasker. Please, check the guide from below for reference. Obviously the trigger has to be changed from WiFi to keyboard state. According to the comments the max delay for screen lock is 30min in Android Pie for AutoTools. Alternatively you can use Custom Settings action for longer delay. Permissions needs to be tweaked via ADB.

BTW, have you tried Smart Lock? It can be very handy also.

EDIT: Yes it is working. See more from below.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, kashif said:

its one of the option E7 had that would keep it unlocked while sitting on table and touching screen will wake it up to home screen

I wished it would switch to speaker phone while opening the keyboard during a call. Phone app landscape mode support is also missing while on a call. I'm pretty sure E7 would do that too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, tdm said:

Lineage has a quick settings tile to keep the screen on. It looks like a coffee cup. Not exactly the same but it might work for you.

That feature can be automatized with MacroDroid and Keyboard/Button Mapper. I just tested that it works.

Screenshot_20200809-093136.thumb.png.c3e4f399cd3936ce507bd19fb5bbb9c5.png

Screenshot_20200809-092905.thumb.png.6d8b6a27133921eafc7cbc8e71e31c40.png

Screenshot_20200809-092944.thumb.png.99c7f6b89ef998edbc545ae74ba03504.png

Screenshot_20200809-092720.thumb.png.d8065427f5a6c19f8ced0d915c6b5c6d.png

Also, you can have screen timeout quick tile on stock too. There are apps for that in Play Store like Caffeine.

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Slion said:

I wished it would switch to speaker phone while opening the keyboard during a call. Phone app landscape mode support is also missing while on a call. I'm pretty sure E7 would do that too.

That could also be done with MacroDroid and Keyboard/Button Mapper. Atleast there is a setting for it but I did not test it.

Screenshot_20200809-094116.thumb.png.3f92e8a0df87c27932a7ed09575828fe.png

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Slion said:

Yes E7 can do that. it has a keyboard slideout section in setting that has these options

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kashif said:

I think keeping screen on is not the best option as it will drain battery.

i would think best way would be that screen sleeps as usual but touching it would just wake it up to home screen

So Fx Service does exactly that but it is triggered by either case close or keyboard close events. Adding that feature with a timeout should be straight forward.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

This could be possible with Tasker. Please, check the guide from below for reference. Obviously the trigger has to be changed from WiFi to keyboard state. According to the comments the max delay for screen lock is 30min in Android Pie for AutoTools. Alternatively you can use Custom Settings action for longer delay. Permissions needs to be tweaked via ADB.

BTW, have you tried Smart Lock? It can be very handy also.

This method works! I just tested it 😎. Here is a video.

I will write a tutorial later if you guys are interested. The delay for screen lock can be as long as you want but the system is only able to show max 30min in the UI.

Needed apps:

For some reason Keyboard/Button Mapper is not able to launch Tasker shortcuts so I had to make MacroDroid macro that triggers Tasker. Then I used Keyboard/Button Mapper to trigger MacroDroid.

• Chain reaction: Keyboard/Button Mapper -> MacroDroid -> Tasker

Screenshot_20200809-135156.thumb.png.cc474a7ab0abc3ea5c6b64e4b680340b.png

Screenshot_20200809-135211.thumb.png.8b7069f03b51ea88586e4a9d6a957295.png

Screenshot_20200809-135250.thumb.png.4ae827cf736639ecf9db1dab96f0208a.png

Screenshot_20200809-135307.thumb.png.aa52765a26a3316b94b0b7a670132157.png

Screenshot_20200809-135322.thumb.png.4ce642292c79cf62c77afd8e7874e51b.png

Screenshot_20200809-135336.thumb.png.3c9e604c870b995ec34b2584c086a11a.png

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 3
On 8/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, tdm said:

Caffeine mode! Love both the digital and the real life caffeines. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1