Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

21 minutes ago, zundappchef said:

I first ordered the Pro1 on July 28, 2018,

Not to quibble that it hasn't been too long, but I believe you mean 2019, not 2018.  ;-) 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

2 hours ago, asgeirrr said:

My Pro1 X arrived last week to Czechia with around 50% charge in black instead of blue but I am grateful to receive something.

Did you really receive black Pro1-X and not original Pro1 (snapdragon 835 chipset)? If it really is Pro1-X then it is weird that they produced also black back covers for Pro1-X. In addition to the color, the back cover of Pro1-X is little bit different than back cover of Pro1.

1 hour ago, FlyingAntero said:

Did you really receive black Pro1-X and not original Pro1 (snapdragon 835 chipset)? If it really is Pro1-X then it is weird that they produced also black back covers for Pro1-X. In addition to the color, the back cover of Pro1-X is little bit different than back cover of Pro1.

My Pro1-X from Expansis is also black. I think they made a lot of those.

• Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Hook said:

Not to quibble that it hasn't been too long, but I believe you mean 2019, not 2018.  😉

There was a choice of either blue or black in the campaing. They e-mailed me that they didn't have enough blue devices so they switched me to black. It has XDA logo on the back and a factory label saying Pro1 X 😉

Edited by asgeirrr
  • Thanks 2

Several posts on the IGG comments thread suggest QWERTY variants are out now. Remaining orders seem to be asked to choose between QWERTZ and scandinavian keyboard layout ... 😕

Edit: Has hit the discord channel too, now.

Edited by claude0001
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, kcsmnt0 said:

Anybody know if it's possible to swap the keycaps around, at least?

No we can't, it is a mat, sorry, but you can change what the keys actually return. I have for five years used a Pro1 qwertZ setup for qwertY (as I disliked the shifted qwerty) using FINQWERTY the nice open source work by @Anssi Hannula, and selected a Danish layout.

ADD: See below

• Like 4

Can't find it back either. But I just checked: If you *carefully* lift the edge of a cap with a pair of tweezers, you can see the transparent mat below. So the keycaps indeed seem to be individual parts.

Not something that was meant to be user-customizable, but it does seem possible ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I do that on my old pro1

No problem with the key himself, it stills work today.  (but doesn't solve my keyboard problem, other story)

Sorry the picture is blurry but could be interessant to give an idea from the dark side of the pro1s keyboard...

Screenshot_20240904-151941_Galerie.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1