Shipping and costs

Hello Gentlemen,

I am seriously considering buying the Pro1X, since there are no alternatives when it comes to physical keyboard. I am trying to determine what costs it will bear, I'm still not sure about the duty, but it seems there will be import VAT. But it all depends on how they ship it. They don't have any info on the page so I'm at a loss. Do you know if they send it via regular HK post or some courrier company like Fedex or UPS?

Edited by Simon

I don't know what shipping costs they use on their website.  On IGG, we were given a flat shipping cost of $40, which I think is similar to what they did for the Pro1 in their store, but it has been a long time.  Based only on what they did for the Pro1, they will likely ship from Hong Kong using couriers.  I'm in the US and they shipped my Pro1 from HK via FedEx. 

But I'm only using past data, I don't know anything specific about the Pro1x, but this is what I expect.

• Like 3

I received an answer from Fx Tec that they will always ship from Hong Kong, so EU or not EU, it will make no difference. I does not matter that the phones are designed in the UK, they are produced and shipped from HK. Based on what I found on our Slovak government pages este its a big stupid mess, just as always, but there should be no import fee (duty), however, there will be VAT of 148.20€. The only question is how they send it, because if through the couriers, I can delegate the customs clearing to them, if via post, I will have to do a lot on my own. And I would really like to avoid that.

Bts what is IGG? the only thing I found is a game of some sort...

11 hours ago, Hook said:

I don't know what shipping costs they use on their website.  On IGG, we were given a flat shipping cost of $40, which I think is similar to what they did for the Pro1 in their store, but it has been a long time.  Based only on what they did for the Pro1, they will likely ship from Hong Kong using couriers.  I'm in the US and they shipped my Pro1 from HK via FedEx. 

But I'm only using past data, I don't know anything specific about the Pro1x, but this is what I expect.

Ditto on that. I am in the US. Free shipping. My receipt shows no breakdown. Flat $899.

12 hours ago, linparda said:

Ditto on that. I am in the US. Free shipping. My receipt shows no breakdown. Flat $899.

yup it says free shipping in the page but thats beside the point. the problem is whether it goes through couriers or standard post. and, more importantly, if there will be any import tax and VAT.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I've just been (belatedly!) wondering... having "ordered" my phone via the IndieGogo campaign and of course paid for the phone and shipping (in USD), is there a likelihood I'll face a demand for import duty or VAT when I receive the phone?  Not sure where it will ship from, but I assume from outside the UK.  

I wonder if anyone has any experience of this type of thing?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(Merged your thread into this one,)

Ah thanks, and apologies for the new thread.  Thanks also for the info - I guess we'll just have to see what actually happens as it sounds like a lottery anywhere, not only in the UK...!

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't realise there was already a thread going here regarding shipping - yes I am told shipping will be from HK to UK and subject to import costs. I have looked at ordering straight from the website and there is no mention at all of additional import costs to the UK and the shipping is free - surely there would be mention of import costs when placing an online order and why is shipping free in the UK if the shipping is from HK.. I fear I will end up paying much more through crowdfunding than had I purchased it online now... I know funds were needed to get to where we are but it just seems a little unfair that people who haven't backed this can now pay less than those who have been waiting for a long time and backed the project. My understanding is that the RRP will not be quoted on the customs form, but rather the cost of manufacture for those of us getting it as a perk.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 12:27 PM, brunoais said:

In my perspective, There are a few "for sure"'s.
igg < 400 or bought before igg -> Batch 1
igg > 710 -> Batch 2

If your case is not the numbers I gave, then I don't know.

Ah, thanks. Well the only number I can find is 3773, which seems a bit high compared to those you give - though I did only "order" in January 2022, which I suppose is much later than many?  Just hoping it's not too much longer because the space bar on my old Blackberry KeyOne is going!!

Edited by 749121
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I've still not heard anything by way of shipping info on my phone, and am getting rather concerned.  My "order" was via Indiegogo back on 10 January this year, contribution no. 3773.   

In the absence of anything official, is there anybody on the forum who might have any idea what the situation with shipping actually is?

I'd be really grateful for any help - obviously as a contributor rather than a purchaser my rights are limited, soif my existing phone dies and I need to buy another, I won't be in a strong position.  

Thanks...!

24 minutes ago, 749121 said:

Well, I've still not heard anything by way of shipping info on my phone, and am getting rather concerned.  My "order" was via Indiegogo back on 10 January this year, contribution no. 3773.   

In the absence of anything official, is there anybody on the forum who might have any idea what the situation with shipping actually is?

I'd be really grateful for any help - obviously as a contributor rather than a purchaser my rights are limited, soif my existing phone dies and I need to buy another, I won't be in a strong position.  

Thanks...!

I can only say: Patience. I'm in the first dozen from IGG in October 2020, and still no shipping info from FedEx.... Expansys/FedEx seem to handle the parcels from FxTec within each batch by country (in some unknown order). So depending on your country, it could be soon or weeks for a device in batch 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Still not a squeak from Fxtec by way of update - this seems, looking through my inbox, to be the longest gap they've left between updates since I 'joined' in January.   

Have to admit I'm pretty annoyed now.  If I had ordered rather than being a backer, I would have cancelled my order.   As it is, my old phone now has multiple faults so it looks as though I'm going to have to buy something - and then if/when I ever see my Fxtec. phone, either sell the 'emergency' phone or the Fxtec... probably taking a loss either way.  

Really unhappy!

I guess there must be others in comparable situations?

Edited by 749121
  • Confused 2

Thanks for the reply.  Bizarre: I never got that update (having checking Inbox, Spam and even Deleted Items!) - so thanks for providing the link.  

That however is really bad news.  I must say, the absence of an explanation for the further delay is not clever, and now I gather that not even all of the Batch 1 phones have been despatched, let alone Batch 2!

As I say, I wish I could cancel - certainly I've got my fingers burnt here.  

Postscript: I have now written to Fxtec themselves directly and will share any relevant information I get.  

Edited by 749121
5 hours ago, 749121 said:

Thanks for the reply.  Bizarre: I never got that update (having checking Inbox, Spam and even Deleted Items!) - so thanks for providing the link.  

Same here

25 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I do not know if it was sent out to buyers from their website or just posted on IGG

I don't think this update was sent out as email at all, probably an error.  I didn't receive it either and I have always had them by email. Always a good idea  to check IGG once a week for new updates. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hook said:

I don't think this update was sent out as email at all, probably an error.  I didn't receive it either and I have always had them by email. Always a good idea  to check IGG once a week for new updates. 

That is why some of us put these updates also in "state of production and delivery" thread here.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:31 AM, 749121 said:

That however is really bad news.  I must say, the absence of an explanation for the further delay is not clever, and now I gather that not even all of the Batch 1 phones have been despatched, let alone Batch 2!

As I say, I wish I could cancel - certainly I've got my fingers burnt here.  

Postscript: I have now written to Fxtec themselves directly and will share any relevant information I get.  

Let us know for sure - I emailed them as soon as we found out and I haven't heard a word.