Pro1x - really poor connectivity to both wifi and cellular.

Not sure if I just missed it but my pro1x is running LOS 21. I don't know if it worked with stock android because I immediately installed UT then found that without VoLTE there is no point and installed LOS. My phone will receive text messages but will not send one. It always just says that the message failed to send tap to retry. Phone call connections are never very good either, though it sounds like that is normal for this phone. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, it appears that I was able to repair my Pro1-X's radios. Previously, telephony and mobile data wouldn't work for me, as documented earlier in this thread. WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS had always w

For anyone in Australia using 3G and worried about the impending shutdown of Telstra's 3G network, I finally figured out how to enable VoLTE. I am with Aldi Mobile (Telstra) and have been using the  "

It's hard to say whether these antenna connectors were broken when shipped, or due to disassembly on your part. Have  you've heard the antenna rattle inside the phone when you first received it? Would

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Cizzlemob said:

Not sure if I just missed it but my pro1x is running LOS 21. I don't know if it worked with stock android because I immediately installed UT then found that without VoLTE there is no point and installed LOS. My phone will receive text messages but will not send one. It always just says that the message failed to send tap to retry. Phone call connections are never very good either, though it sounds like that is normal for this phone. 

Yes, not really a LOS problem, so I moved your post here.  If the phone has poor connectivity, LOS won't change that.  It would be good to know more information such as where you live and what carriers you are using/have available. 

It's hit and miss.  Some Pro1xs work okay, other don't.  QA? Some networks work some don't? We don't know.  I'm lucky to have one that mostly works, although I still use it as a PDA. 

• Like 1
On 8/15/2024 at 11:36 AM, Hook said:

Yes, not really a LOS problem, so I moved your post here.  If the phone has poor connectivity, LOS won't change that.  It would be good to know more information such as where you live and what carriers you are using/have available. 

It's hit and miss.  Some Pro1xs work okay, other don't.  QA? Some networks work some don't? We don't know.  I'm lucky to have one that mostly works, although I still use it as a PDA. 

I am on Verizon in central Colorado. I did solder two of the spring connectors back on that I found were broken off at the same time that I replaced my battery. I did all that before/in order to get my phone to turn on for the first time. Just seems weird that I can take calls, make calls, and receive text but can not send a text. 

26 minutes ago, Cizzlemob said:

I am on Verizon in central Colorado. I did solder two of the spring connectors back on that I found were broken off at the same time that I replaced my battery. I did all that before/in order to get my phone to turn on for the first time. Just seems weird that I can take calls, make calls, and receive text but can not send a text. 

That may very well be a Verizon thing. I had Verizon working for a while on my Pro 1 and I hit a point where, a little different, I could send texts but couldn't receive them.  My Pro1 on T-Mobile and my Pro1x on Ting work fine both in VA where I live and in CO Springs when I am visiting my son.

13 hours ago, Hook said:

That may very well be a Verizon thing. I had Verizon working for a while on my Pro 1 and I hit a point where, a little different, I could send texts but couldn't receive them.  My Pro1 on T-Mobile and my Pro1x on Ting work fine both in VA where I live and in CO Springs when I am visiting my son.

Sweet thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...