Jump to content

Pro1x + LineageOS Readiness


Recommended Posts

On 8/14/2022 at 4:46 PM, brunoais said:

I've sent an e-mail to f(x)tec about this. Please don't send one too. I'll share the answer with you.

You never got an answer from fxtec regarding this? I suppose you didnt, since you didnt post it here, but still just wanted to ask, seeing as it has been 2 full working weeks now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's finally a build of LOS that works and I got myself a test build with it. It's still too early and barely works enough for the hardware but it's a great light at the end of the tunnel for Linea

FYI:  https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lineageos-20-for-pro1-x.4543997/  

Sorry, we'll just have to agree to disagree.  Where you see "intentional false information," I see overly-optimistic estimations, which, when they don't pan out, they get beat over the head with it. N

Posted Images

On 8/26/2022 at 7:13 PM, toast said:

You never got an answer from fxtec regarding this? I suppose you didnt, since you didnt post it here, but still just wanted to ask, seeing as it has been 2 full working weeks now.

I haven't. It's ticket 15944 and I'm still waiting...

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 10:22 PM, brunoais said:

There's finally a build of LOS that works and I got myself a test build with it.

Is there a publicly accessible development branch? Or is that test-ROM you mentioned available for download somewhere?

My Pro1-X should arrive soon and I do not intend to get engaged with Google-infested stock-Android.

Edited by claude0001
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Is there a publicly accessible development branch?

No

8 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Or is that test-ROM you mentioned available for download somewhere?

I'll send to you in a PM because I don't want this to grow out of proportion badly. Many things don't work or are missing (more missing than not working) in that build and I don't want to be pointed at.

8 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

My Pro1-X should arrive soon and I do not intend to get engaged with Google-infested stock-Android.

There's a non-GMS v2.1.5 (beta) build I'm using which is running rather well and no noticeable new issues from my end. You want?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brunoais said:

There's a non-GMS v2.1.5 (beta) build I'm using which is running rather well and no noticeable new issues from my end. You want?

Found this thread following your suggestion:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3670-pro1x-stock-android-non-gms-build/?do=findComment&comment=63768

Pretty cool. Sounds like a good interim solution before we get official LineageOS support. Thanks for the heads-up.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2022 at 9:22 AM, brunoais said:

There's finally a build of LOS that works and I got myself a test build with it. It's still too early and barely works enough for the hardware but it's a great light at the end of the tunnel for LineageOS on Pro¹-X

Sorry if I've missed something, I've been trying to follow the development of alternate OS options but sometimes these conversations are bit of a blur.  How far along is Lineage, do we have working calls and sms?  Everything else would be a bonus 😀

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Community,

As we all are aware, the Pro1X project has been facing many treacherous delays, which includes the delivery of Lineage OS (despite being advertised as ready out of the box).

I received my device, and I want to help. 

What can I do to help speed things up? (I am not strong on the technical side)

Cheers!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, azamrazman said:

which includes the delivery of Lineage OS (despite being advertised as ready out of the box).

Indeed.
I do not know if you are aware of the full story, but the Pro1X was originally intended as a slight variation of the Pro1, with more ram and in a blue cabinet. FxTec was swindled by those they ordered and paid the 835 chipset from. And it was impossible to source them elsewhere as Qualcomm had stopped production, so they had to redesign the whole inner phone for a different chipset. And as one side effect the existing software will not work on the Pro1X as it ended....

If your question is how you can support LineageOS development, I guess you should start here, if you mean financially, they e.g. got a paypal link at the bottom: https://paypal.me/LineageOS

Link to post
Share on other sites

After trying to actually use my Pro1-X as a phone, I am now convinced that community devs simply refuse to invest further effort into a Lineage port until at least the most blatant bugs in the device are ironed-out by the manufacturer.

Few will want to invest time and effort into a new OS for a device that does not work on the most fundamental level of a phone. If the Pro1-X's connectivity problems are indeed related to the modem driver, we'll just have to wait until F(x)tec pump out a new stock to base on. If the issues are hardware-related, the device is practically DOA for many users anyway ...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

If the Pro1-X's connectivity problems are indeed related to the modem driver, we'll just have to wait until F(x)tec pump out a new stock to base on. If the issues are hardware-related, the device is practically DOA for many users anyway ...

Yes, that is the question.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, TBH, the Pro1 wasn't a truly great phone, which is why I stopped trying to use it as one, and they made Lineage for it anyway.  I suppose, from what people are saying, the Pro1x is worse (although whatever the problem, it wasn't picked up by the beta testers).  I don't know since I don't have one. However, since I have no real plans to use my Pro1x as a phone, I really hope they push ahead with a version of Lineage for it and make phone/modem/whatever fixes later.  Selfish, yes I know.  ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hook said:

Well, TBH, the Pro1 wasn't a truly great phone, which is why I stopped trying to use it as one, and they made Lineage for it anyway.  I suppose, from what people are saying, the Pro1x is worse (although whatever the problem, it wasn't picked up by the beta testers).  I don't know since I don't have one. However, since I have no real plans to use my Pro1x as a phone, I really hope they push ahead with a version of Lineage for it and make phone/modem/whatever fixes later.  Selfish, yes I know.  😉

I think most of your problems with Pro1 were caused by the fact you live in the USA and telephony systems generally work a bit different way there.

I am using my Pro1 as a daily driver together with LineageOS and it works well for me.
However, network coverage is relatively good here.

Network coverage is basically in par with my Motorola G6 (which was my previous phone), however, that also could has been a bit better... but nothing huge problems for me.
WiFi works well but it is true it sometimes drops connection then reconnects...
LTE works well, GPS works well (much better than it was in my Moto G6), bluetooth works well.

Regarding telephony, sometimes I had complains about silent voice and I have a friend whose phone has a lot of noise while speaking with me but not by using another phone at his side or at my side. As a comparison, there is no noise at all speaking with either of his phones and Pro1X - I think it is something to do with communication protocols somewhere.

I don't really have experience with Pro1X as usually it does not accept calls and usually it also can not initiate calls...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VaZso said:

I think most of your problems with Pro1 were caused by the fact you live in the USA and telephony systems generally work a bit different way there.

Well, yes, Verizon was a PITA, but it worked fine on AT&T (that was back when the techs at AT&T got excited when I showed them the Pro1).  My main two problems were that without a headset, calls were almost as loud as a speaker phone so there was little privacy and the fact that for some reason it would not use the car speakers/microphone when connected to BT so I couldn't get hands free. I freely admit I had neither the technical knowledge nor the patience to see if I could work through to a solution to these two problems and these may have been corrected in later stock and/or Lineage updates, but I never went back once I discovered the practical solution of using a Moto slab for phone/ car-phone and the Pro 1 as a pocket computer for everything else. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hook said:

without a headset, calls were almost as loud as a speaker phone so there was little privacy

It was an initial problem which was improved in later firmware.
Maybe LineageOS has also improved it a bit or at least now I don't have this problem.

20 minutes ago, Hook said:

and the fact that for some reason it would not use the car speakers/microphone when connected to BT so I couldn't get hands free.

Fortunately, I don't have problems with my car BT handsfree but there may be difference regarding protocols.
Anyway, it also works together using standalone Bluetooth handsfree unit and I have also tried it using Samsung Gear S3 Frontier where handsfree mode worked.

Maybe you ran into a compatibility issue...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Community,

F(x)tec IGG dropped a pretty huge revelation, quote "LineageOS 20 is now able to boot up on a Pro1-X with Android 13! ". 

That being said, how has the historical timeline been, from  "Boot Up" stage to "Stable Release" stage?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, azamrazman said:

Hi Community,

F(x)tec IGG dropped a pretty huge revelation, quote "LineageOS 20 is now able to boot up on a Pro1-X with Android 13! ". 

That being said, how has the historical timeline been, from  "Boot Up" stage to "Stable Release" stage?

It was about half a year between we saw the first unofficial v16 for the Pro1 to an officially released 16.0. I have no idea if that is representative or not. I hope that at the least some logic (e.g. around the keyboard) can be reused from the Pro1, and thus simplifying the development.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms