Inquired about a new battery for my Pro 1

Nothing is wrong with it, I just thought maybe I should get one in case things go belly-up ya know.

So I emailed and the want £99 + Shipping. For a battery. They Want $118.25 USD for a phone battery plus shipping.
So I asked if they could deduct it from the $829USD that they owe me for the cancelled Pro1X order.
Results pending... 🤣

Edited by sequestris
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's coming to my city so that's a start 😆

You can store batteries at around 30-40% battery and if they aren't connected to anything, they'll hold the charge and capacity. If you want to use it for something, there are 5V to 4.2V converte

@Hook @EskeRahn @Casey Got some Happy Mail today  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sequestris said:

So I emailed and the want £99 + Shipping

The good news is that this could mean they actually have some of those batteries and that you actually could get one...

I'm still waiting for the one I've ordered and paid for on IGG in 2020, shortly after ordering the Pro1X I've been using for the last six months. 

• Like 1
On 3/2/2023 at 3:44 PM, Rob. S. said:

The good news is that this could mean they actually have some of those batteries and that you actually could get one...

I'm still waiting for the one I've ordered and paid for on IGG in 2020, shortly after ordering the Pro1X I've been using for the last six months. 

I want one but I don't want to send them more money to not get something.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 8:34 PM, jakfish said:

Planet Computer jacks up to similar prices for batt replacement in the Gemini and Cosmo. AND you have to send the phones to London; they won't mail just the battery. My Gem and Cos molder in a drawer.

There are a lot of restrictions and regulations in order to ship a battery by itself, especially through air freight. That's why they prefer to ship the battery with the phone as it requires less documentation and procedures.

On 3/2/2023 at 7:57 PM, sequestris said:

o I asked if they could deduct it from the $829USD that they owe me for the cancelled Pro1X order.

I thought you said in another thread that you got a refund via chargeback? 

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I thought you said in another thread that you got a refund via chargeback? 

@Casey  Note the dates.  The post about deducting the battery is March 2nd, the "I got my refund" is March 18th.  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Casey said:

Did you order the battery on IGG for your Pro1? They're not compatible, FYI

Yes, I did, primarily for the Pro1X I had also ordered back then. Thanks, good to know.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sequestris said:

Did you ever get your USB part?

Yes, I did, that went comparatively quick for a change. (Unfortunately, in the process of successfully replacing the USB part, I broke a few other things which arent's as easily replaceable...)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, sequestris said:

I am still waiting to hear back about the battery. Cost is high but I want one.

Probably got side-lined when you requested it to come out of your refund. I would follow up.  Maybe @Casey can help.

I just requested both a battery and a screen assembly for the Pro 1 and they got back to me with a quote in 2 days.  I just sent them my address so they can calculate shipping, so now at same point as you.  Hopefully, I'll hear back more quickly.  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, sequestris said:

I am still waiting to hear back about the battery. Cost is high but I want one.

Could you provide your ticket ID please? Let me follow up on this. Apologies for the delay.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

As you can see above, I got my quote and sent in my address so I could get an invoice (they needed the address to figure in shipping on the invoice) on April 5th and silence ever since. @Casey

Come on, guys, I'm trying to give you money! 😅 Ticket #10917

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, foxfreejack said:

I ordered mine on April 14 and received it on the 20th. It was delivered by FedEx to Canada.

Did you get a tracking number ?

I got a tracking # but I am confused. See image above. It's going from Gerrards Cross BU GB to blyton, LI GB.
I live in Chicago, IL USA

14 hours ago, sequestris said:

I got a tracking # but I am confused. See image above. It's going from Gerrards Cross BU GB to blyton, LI GB.
I live in Chicago, IL USA

Hmmm, I hope it's just that the tracking number you received is not correct, for me the destination was correct. Maybe @Casey could shed some light on this ?

Edited by foxfreejack
20 hours ago, foxfreejack said:

Hmmm, I hope it's just that the tracking number you received is not correct, for me the destination was correct. Maybe @Casey could shed some light on this ?

I am really curious considering I paid £39.34 in shipping

@Casey? Any insight? Someone is getting my package today and it isn't me.

image.png

• Sad 1