A user found a way to charge a 'dead' Pro1X!!! (confirmed by others)

Thomas Bonde Pedersen has at IGG posted a fix for the not charging Pro1!
image.png.2d327f5250bd4f4a482abff3d8e02bfc.png

ADD: This has been confirmed to work by other users! Please try it, before disassembly (or send in for service)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

Interesting. He is basically causing a looping "Battery pull" reboot, so it seems that there is some low level part of that which briefly draws power without needing the usual processes that require being able to fully boot. I've always said the "battery pull" reboot was very useful for a wonky behavior on a phone, but I had no idea.  ;-)

Hope we can get a record of this working for someone else for verification.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow! What promise. A silly question: with the power button fully engaged overnight, am I to assume that the phone is connected to a power source and charging throughout?

Edited by jakfish
2 hours ago, jakfish said:

Wow! What promise. A silly question: with the power button fully engaged overnight, am I to assume that the phone is connected to a power source and charging throughout?

Yes connected, but as he describes not charging continuously, but a few seconds per boot. Amazing that it worked. I really hope others can reproduce it, fixing their issues.

• Thanks 2

We seem to have confirmation from someone else in  Discord.

The Pro1x is just kinky and needs to be tied up to get it's juices flowing. :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This actually works. Thanks for this hint.

Took me some hours to realize the screen was already turning on and off again. 😅
Well, now I'm stuck with starting it (link).

Anyway, helped a lot to fight first resignation after opening a package I waited for more than 2 years, facing it seems broken.

• Thanks 5
Posted (edited)

Have the same issue. Hoping it will work. It's really frustrating waiting for so long and then finally you receive the phone and it's not charging/turning on

Edited by Green3yes
Mistyping
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have the same issue. Hoping it will work. It's really frustrating waiti g for so long and then finally you receive the phone and it's not charging/turning on

Update: After leaving the phone in the battery loop over night it turned on this morning. THX for this post

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

quite easy...too late for me but good to know 😄

I measured 3,20V on the battery connector at red flashing state, is this voltage the very low battery state ? I thought it was more around 3V, but probably depend on battery model/technology

Also I inject 4,1V direct on the battery connector, and in about 30s I had 5% battery, so this trick is very good !

• Like 3

My phone is working again! Well, the battery is charged, and it boots. I'm thrilled because I thought I was stuck with a poorly engineered brick. Now, I'm the proud owner of a poorly engineered phone. If we can just solve the issues around wireless connectivity, I can use this as a phone—one step at a time...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Hello, one more confirmation that this method is working!

I received my long-waited Pro1X a couple of days ago. After unpacking, I noticed that the device didn't boot up or take charge.
I was wondering whether to disassemble the phone to access the battery, or perhaps try to kick some charge in by
plugging/unplugging a magnetic cable (probably a thousand times...)

But luckily I found this thread. I wrapped the phone in its original packaging bag, squeezed its body (and the power button)
with a long twist tie, and left it plugged to its own charger for the night.

I can say that the process took more than 5 hours (phone LED was still blinking every 15s) but under 10 hours (LED green, battery fully charged).

During weekend I'll do some basic h/w tests with the shipped Android, and then the intention is to switch it to SFOS.

Edited by minimos
minor typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to A user found a way to charge a 'dead' Pro1X!!! (confirmed by others)
Posted (edited)

I found another Way

After plug-in to the supply, the Device consumed power after around 1 second, for around 0.8 seconds. So i connected a Switchable Supply, and made power-cycles of 2s on and 2s off. After approximatly 800 cycles it consumed more power, then it was able to charge the battery the regular way.

Edited by Alpaswiss
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2024 at 2:57 PM, Alpaswiss said:

I found another Way

After plug-in to the supply, the Device consumed power after around 1 second, for around 0.8 seconds. So I connected a Switchable Supply, and made power-cycles of 2s on and 2s off. After approximatly 800 cycles it consumed more power, then it was able to charge the battery the regular way.

Interesting and faster method! 👍 Though the fewest will have the needed Switchable Supply to do it this way, it could be interesting for FxTec for devices they got in for service. So let me tag @Erik and @Casey so they can forward it to the right persons.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...