Apps that works great with a real keyboard and in landscape

52 minutes ago, OKSun said:

On stock (without root), is there a gallery app? Is it Google photos? Do you use another app from play store for gallery?

I tried several different gallery apps, that all worked in landscape also. None of them had any specific hardware keyboard usage I'm aware of (some respect arrow keys and Enter/Esc). So you could use just about any you can find, with a functionality that suits you the best. Personally I have used QuickPic for a decade, but it is more for the way the editor works than it is related to the Pro1 specifically. Especially I like that it is so super easy to down-sample and/or crop for MMS/web usage. Others have thing close to similar, but I keep going back to QuickPic. BTW a change in qp a year or two ago have had the effect that the editor's UI works better launched in landscape than portrait(!)

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apps working well in landscape, optimally using the keyboard well Web-browser FireFox, 4.4, 100M+, Recommendation FireFox Focus, 4.4, 5M+, Recommendation Kiwi Browser, 4.5, 1M+, Recommendation K

Someone must realize that videos should only be shot and viewed in landscape. :-)

Yes that is what I wrote: Android Market , http://market.android.com/ ...I know i'm old, but I'm not going to use the silly alias

Posted Images

• 8 months later...

I've just installed the brand new Android beta of Softmaker Office, which some may know from the desktop as an alternative for MIcrosoft Office with good compatibility that is also available for Linux. For desktop there's an already well-featured free version and a full-featured commercial version. For Android there will be two such versions as well. Right now, the free time-limited beta (general availability is expected for May) has, or so I believe, all features.

The first impression is quite nice. I would hate having to use a screen keyboard, though 😉

https://www.softmaker.com/en/

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

I've just installed the brand new Android beta of Softmaker Office, which some may know from the desktop as an alternative for MIcrosoft Office with good compatibility that is also available for Linux. For desktop there's an already well-featured free version and a full-featured commercial version. For Android there will be two such versions as well. Right now, the free time-limited beta (general availability is expected for May) has, or so I believe, all features.

The first impression is quite nice. I would hate having to use a screen keyboard, though 😉

https://www.softmaker.com/en/

I jettisoned Microsoft Office and started using Softmaker Office years ago on Windows, Linux and Android.  I have the full up paid version of the office suites for Windows and Linux.  The old Android version was good but stopped being updated around 2017 and the cloud sync broke.  The new beta for Android ia wonderful—I was involved in the beta test from the beginning.  This allows me to keep my work in Dropbox and pick it up where I left off on any platform. They have done a masterful job.

Upside: All but a few features will be free (IIRC, printing from Android, covert to epub and convert to PDF will require  small subscription fee).

Downside: For those who want to be Google free, this version will not allow you to purchase apks directly, you must get from Google play.

It is, of course, not FOSS.

During beta testing, I made some suggestions for shortcuts that would allow you to jump to elements of the touch interface and use arrow keys instead of touching if you have a physical keyboard.  I was told the suggestion had been forwarded to the development team but have no idea if it will be incorporated (mostly figure it won't). 😉

But overall, a fantastic office suite for Android.  I depend on it for my work.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to wake up an old thread (some call it "necroposting" 😛 )

Here's a little sidebar/launcher I found while browsing the store in Aurora store.

It's called "Ivy". It's free with no ads and they just ask for a donation. And what's more is the customisation options are almost endless. Takes a little getting used to but once you grasp it it works great in both portrait and landscape. 😁

Screenshot_20210510-152708.png

• Thanks 4
  • 5 months later...

Dear Community

Do you know an android app "file manager" which works in split screen mode (like windows explorer)? You can cut a file in one window and paste it the other window?

It is possible to create different windows in the app "files", but it does not support cut and paste in different windows. I can only cut and move the file to the same window.

Edit: I have tried again with the app Fx: it works. I had not seen the option to split screen in my first attempt.

Edited by OKSun
  • Thanks 1