+1 It’d be very nice if we had the forum functional, whether it is this one or a new one…

I certainly agree on that. The delay caused by having to wait for one with moderator-rights to detect that there is a new comment and approve it, kills all live dialogue...

Eske, can you get them to give you control to disable the moderation requirement? Maybe the spammers are gone by now, and this can get us thru til the new forum software.... and if not, you're on here often enough to catch the problem quickly and turn the moderation requirement back on.

Of course you probably know how much work would be invovled to clean up another spam attack, so you can decide if thats worth your time risk compared to having to approve every single new post.

Eske, can you get them to give you control to disable the moderation requirement? Maybe the spammers are gone by now, and this can get us thru til the new forum software…. and if not, you’re on here often enough to catch the problem quickly and turn the moderation requirement back on.

Of course you probably know how much work would be invovled to clean up another spam attack, so you can decide if thats worth your time risk compared to having to approve every single new post.

Unfortunately there are still spam attacks.... ;-(

I certainly agree on that. The delay caused by having to wait for one with moderator-rights to detect that there is a new comment and approve it, kills all live dialogue…

You are right.

I have started reading the Maemo forum thread about Pro1 and it is currently much better to read it and much more messages are there - don't have to wait for moderation.

It would be good to find a solution here or at least temporarily give some active users the rights for accepting messages which are waiting for moderation.

Bummer, still moderation delay and no post previews or edits.

Although I realize order processing is way way way more important than the forum, I'd kinda hoped in the bank of my mind this downtime might be forum related.

Bummer, still moderation delay and no post previews or edits.

Although I realize order processing is way way way more important than the forum, I’d kinda hoped in the bank of my mind this downtime might be forum related.

Yeah, seems like cosmetics only, the functional issues moderating are still there ;-(

Other part of the site outside the forum has changed substantially though :-)

Noticed a different forum link is used in the FAQ about other operating systems. Whatever it points to asks for a username and password, but doesn't accept the ones from this forum. Don't know if that's the new forum being prepared or something altogether different. It does appear to be an F(x) Tec link and not something external.

Noticed a different forum link is used in the FAQ about other operating systems. Whatever it points to asks for a username and password, but doesn’t accept the ones from this forum. Don’t know if that’s the new forum being prepared or something altogether different. It does appear to be an F(x) Tec link and not something external.

already raised the issue, should be fixed soon.

Something has changed with the colors. I'm sure it has to do with my own theme and laptop screen and all that, but I can *barely* see outlines around text boxes and such, I have to move my head up and down to try find and angle that can see the outlines in this sea of bright white. If it stays this way much longer I'm going to need a neck brace.

https://i.imgur.com/GqeB6br.jpg

Something has changed with the colors. I’m sure it has to do with my own theme and laptop screen and all that, but I can *barely* see outlines around text boxes and such, I have to move my head up and down to try find and angle that can see the outlines in this sea of bright white. If it stays this way much longer I’m going to need a neck brace.

<script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It seems those making the forum have forgotten that the slogan is "Function is key", and NOT "Design is key"...

I'm so sick and tired by this pest all over the computer world (not just here), that things has to be over-designed and under-productive.

It is all over, from colours hard to separate, lacking borders/separation, to over simplified icons completely loosing their original relation to the physical object they are supposed to represent...

The rubber stamp top right is a typical example, though it is slightly better than the sad Cyclop smliey used by MS....

Cyclop

It seems those making the forum have forgotten that the slogan is “Function is key“, and NOT “Design is key“…

I’m so sick and tired by this pest all over the computer world (not just here), that things has to be over-designed and under-productive.

It is all over, from colours hard to separate, lacking borders/separation, to over simplified icons completely loosing their original relation to the physical object they are supposed to represent…

The rubber stamp top right is a typical example, though it is slightly better than the sad Cyclop smliey used by MS….

If at least design was key. But the forum seems to got completely forgotten in the css change. I first thought there is css missing because everything is way to light and was way better than before. But what bothers me is that there are multiple text overflows or missing paddings. Here an example:

[attachment file=forum_css.png]

I added a dotted line around the white container so it is easier to see. The gray text is half in the div half out. Subscribe has no padding at all to the right.

There’s some issues with the used font as well. The way the u and i are now smaller really, REALLY bugs me. It’s almost as if your eyes go up and down while reading a sentence. Same goes for the v, x and y. Here, have a look at this: aeiovgx

These 'fancy' fonts are not my cup of tea either. Sure they can be used for local effects like in a birthday invite, but for general texts.... YIKES! But I'm old, and to me Function is key....

I like the new font. It’s easy to read and nice to look at – but only on my high DPI display. When I move it over to a regular one, it becomes blurry and difficult to read somewhat.

High DPI:

RPvU0B8.png

vs low DPI:

kGLVXdD.png

So are you saying that I should upgrade my 43" 4K display to one that is at the least 8K to use this forum? Sounds like a really well chosen font then... *LOL*

But on a more serious note you sure got a point! If I ask FireFox to scale to 150%, the font looks decent. Though of course absurdly huge.

(An of course this does not work as a workaround for the other design issues)

I don't see the font issue either on my pc, a snippit is attached(1920x1080 screen resolution, 120% scale in firefox). But just like the colors that are driving me crazy, some stuff depends on your local theme and system font and stuff too. Maybe my issue is low quality laptop screen, I have to move my head at a very odd angle to see the difference between this white textbox and the light grey background, at any normal viewing angle it's just all white.

Ah. Yeah, I just confirmed: it does look better @ 150%. But the "ideal line" still goes down with at least the y and the u. Isn't there a way to just change the CSS to use a more standard font?

Also: getting a bit sick of the moderation queue here guys. Why isn't there a "people with more than 10 thanks don't need to wait" option in the software? That way you only moderate the newbies, which makes your lives much easier.

Ah. Yeah, I just confirmed: it does look better @ 150%. But the “ideal line” still goes down with at least the y and the u. Isn’t there a way to just change the CSS to use a more standard font?

Also: getting a bit sick of the moderation queue here guys. Why isn’t there a “people with more than 10 thanks don’t need to wait” option in the software? That way you only moderate the newbies, which makes your lives much easier.

You can not even imagine how tired I am of this moderation mess!!! Have suggested several things, and if nothing happens very very soon I'll simply give up approving, and let the staff do it. I'm so tired of wasting my time doing none-constructive work here... It was supossed to be temporary until they found a solution, and have lasted 1½ month now!!!

To approve posts in a thread I need to click approve, wait, repeat for all pending in same thread, make a dummy-comment, wait, bin the dummy, wait, delete the dummy, wait, and go on to the next thread.... I can not even at a central place see what threads needs moderation, I have to browse through the whole thread list, manually, to see if something has happened since last I tried....

This could work for someone hired to do just this full time, but I'm just here as a volunteer....

I don’t see the font issue either on my pc, a snippit is attached(1920×1080 screen resolution, 120% scale in firefox). But just like the colors that are driving me crazy, some stuff depends on your local theme and system font and stuff too. Maybe my issue is low quality laptop screen, I have to move my head at a very odd angle to see the difference between this white textbox and the light grey background, at any normal viewing angle it’s just all white.

Actually you DO have it, look e.g on that last “aeiovgx” in your image, and how the top of the v and the x is below the g (as is the i less the dot)

You can not even imagine how tired I am of this moderation mess!!! Have suggested several things, and if nothing happens very very soon I’ll simply give up approving, and let the staff do it. I’m so tired of wasting my time doing none-constructive work here… It was supossed to be temporary until they found a solution, and have lasted 1½ month now!!!

To approve posts in a thread I need to click approve, wait, repeat for all pending in same thread, make a dummy-comment, wait, bin the dummy, wait, delete the dummy, wait, and go on to the next thread…. I can not even at a central place see what threads needs moderation, I have to browse through the whole thread list, manually, to see if something has happened since last I tried….

This could work for someone hired to do just this full time, but I’m just here as a volunteer….

For some time I have wanted to give you, Eske, a shout-out because I knew you were doing a lot of uncalled for work to keep the discussions going, as badly broken as it is. However. lol, even I had no idea. Thank you, Eske. I won't blame you a bit if you decide to stop doing it, but thank you for all you have done.

• Like 1