APTX codec support over bluetooth in Pro 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if APTX codec will be supported on Pro1 for wireless bluetooth headsets? My impression was that it has been built into Android natively a while ago, but I'm not 100% sure and the specs page for Pro1 doesn't list support for this technology, so I'd appreciate this being clarified. Thanks in advance!

Yup it is there, just checked. :)

followed guide here https://www.headphonezone.in/blogs/the-indian-audiophile/how-to-activate-aptx-hd-on-your-smartphone-in-5-easy-steps

Not only aptX, but aptX HD and the newer aptX Adaptive too

(There is also aptX TWS+ audio)

Well, even if aptX is supported natively by Android, that doesn't mean it's supported my every device that runs Android. Hardware is still a factor.

Luckily, if you scroll down to or ctrl+f search for "General Audio" here, you'll find that the Pro1s processor (and therefore integrated DAC) supports aptx HD with no problems :)

Yup it is there, just checked. :)

followed guide here

Not only aptX, but aptX HD and the newer aptX Adaptive too

(There is also aptX TWS+ audio)

Well, even if aptX is supported natively by Android, that doesn’t mean it’s supported my every device that runs Android. Hardware is still a factor.

Luckily, if you scroll down to or ctrl+f search for “General Audio” here, you’ll find that the Pro1s processor (and therefore integrated DAC) supports aptx HD with no problems :)

If I do the same check on a Samsung S8- also on Pie, it is NOT on the list, so they seem to check before presenting the list. ;)

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, ddark-il said:

Not sure about this one, but I think it need to be checked -  AptX HD is not working with wh1000xm3, got no other headphones to confirm it that it’s a software  issue 

I can check aptx HD on my cans

When I receive my phone 

😅

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2019 at 2:33 PM, ddark-il said:

Tried that, also with LDAC and other AptX variations, it's either falls back to SBC or got no sound at all.

But I still haven't seen confirmation that someone else got same behavior, so it might be limited only to my case.

Ah, so this is probably why my BT earbuds connect but don't produce sound... They usually run using aptX, haven't tried downgrading the codec but I'll try that next.

This is the first bug that is close to a showstopper for me. All the other quirks so far are livable for me as a price of having the keyboard, but my BT audio quality matters a lot to me. There had better be a software fix coming soon...

I know this is an old thread, but I tried my BT earbuds that usually use aptX for the first time with the Pro1 today and they connected but got no sound. I didn't know about aptX issues until I checked the forum but it seems a few people have also encountered no music playback with aptX but yes with a downgraded codec. So this is definitely a live bug still. Hoping it will be fixed in a SW update soon...

On 1/31/2020 at 4:18 PM, jjarmasz said:

Ah, so this is probably why my BT earbuds connect but don't produce sound... They usually run using aptX, haven't tried downgrading the codec but I'll try that next.

This is the first bug that is close to a showstopper for me. All the other quirks so far are livable for me as a price of having the keyboard, but my BT audio quality matters a lot to me. There had better be a software fix coming soon...

I use an APTX HD receiver. No issues with sound on my end. It aso states APTX HD under Bluetooth/connection settings.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DieBruine said:

I use an APTX HD receiver. No issues with sound on my end. It aso states APTX HD under Bluetooth/connection settings.

Interesting. My headphones only support aptX, not HD. Definitely sounds (excuse the pun) like a SW/firmware bug then...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, jjarmasz said:

Interesting. My headphones only support aptX, not HD. Definitely sounds (excuse the pun) like a SW/firmware bug then...

If you enable Developer Mode you can force APTX or any other codec for that matter under developer options... Try forcing it, maybe it will succeed. It could be just a handshake issue.

• Like 2

I also have issue with aptX codec on two different pairs of headphones. When aptX is enabled (either via bluetooth settings or forced via developer tools), instead of music I can only hear popping in regular intervals (on one pair of headphones it happens immediately, on 2nd one only after few seconds of silence). This popping sound persists for some time after music has been stopped (it depends on how long I've tried to play sound) and if it persists long enough, one pair of my headphones are not responding and I have to force them off by plugging charging cable to bring them back to life.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 5:52 PM, GwynBleidD said:

I also have issue with aptX codec on two different pairs of headphones. When aptX is enabled (either via bluetooth settings or forced via developer tools), instead of music I can only hear popping in regular intervals (on one pair of headphones it happens immediately, on 2nd one only after few seconds of silence). This popping sound persists for some time after music has been stopped (it depends on how long I've tried to play sound) and if it persists long enough, one pair of my headphones are not responding and I have to force them off by plugging charging cable to bring them back to life.

I have same behavior with my Marshall Monitor headphones (supports aptX but not aptX HD)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/14/2020 at 4:18 AM, Ktharsia said:

In order to hear sound with my headphones (Sony WH-XB900N), I also have to deactivate APTX (neither normal nor hd work). Otherwise they are only connected, but nothing can be heard. Is there a solution to this error now?

Same issue here, with an Astell-Kern XB10. Not my adapter issue, it works fine with a laptop.

• 4 weeks later...