Any opt-out or alternative to the headphones?

I'm guessing this is a no, but is there any way to opt out of having the headphones with the preorder? Or any alternative to them? I have approximately a thousand pairs of earphones. I've also got enough clutter in my house and don't need to add to the back of a drawer somewhere. So I was thinking I'll sell them, or have to just throw them away. But thinking about either of those options, it would be far more efficient to just not have them in the first place. Can this be requested?

I asked them to include an option for a phone skin as I'm sure it would be hard to find anyway and a nice alternative to the case. Topic didn't get any traction.

I would be willing to to take a shirt instead of headphones or a case as well. Considering they can barely get the phone out on time, I doubt they would want to entertain giving us options on our included accessories.

Even if it's a few dollars, I wish we could get that back if we opted out of the accessories. I agree the case and headphones will be almost meaningless to me. Unless these are next level headphones they're including

Anyone have any details on the headphones by the way? Who made them, specs, quality, etc?

I would also gladly forgo without headphones just to be a bit more eco-friendly.

As many others I have more then enough in-ear buds and the fxtec one would be thrown directly into my drawer.

Depending on how the case is looking I would pass on that too.

But: There was no official statement that the case and the headphones are not delivered. Sure they could be delivered afterwards, but they should inform customers about that!

P.S. I think the only valid options here are with or without. Asking for something other (skin, shirt, etc...) does most likely not help fxtec. A shirt may be cheaper than headphones but the logistics would most likely be more expensive.

Wasn’t it stated previously in the questions and anawers for the NYC event that the headphones wouldn’t be readly and would not likely ship with the pre-orders anyway? Lol

I would not put too much weight on it as it's dated and not an official statement and if it's (still) we don't know what their solution is, if they send it sometime later it's all the same to me.

Wasn’t it stated previously in the questions and anawers for the NYC event that the headphones wouldn’t be readly and would not likely ship with the pre-orders anyway? Lol

I would not put too much weight on it as it’s dated and not an official statement and if it’s (still) we don’t know what their solution is, if they send it sometime later it’s all the same to me.

That said, there still isn't even a photo of eithwr the ear buds or the case so I'm not holding my breath.

That said, there still isn’t even a photo of eithwr the ear buds or the case so I’m not holding my breath.

The earbuds was shown all the way back at the London event, and an early version of the case even longer back. But I have not seen any recently posted images either.

That said, there still isn’t even a photo of eithwr the ear buds or the case so I’m not holding my breath.

The earbuds was shown all the way back at the London event, and an early version of the case even longer back. But I have not seen any recently posted images either.

Yeah, I remember and that early image of the case was awful so hopefully, they revamped it since then. Hopefully, we'll see something soon. I bought a custom slip case just in case. I used one back in the G1 days and it was nice to have protection but still get to use the phone in its naked beauty so maybe that will work for me here too.

Yeah, I remember and that early image of the case was awful so hopefully, they revamped it since then. Hopefully, we’ll see something soon. I bought a custom slip case just in case. I used one back in the G1 days and it was nice to have protection but still get to use the phone in its naked beauty so maybe that will work for me here too.

This old tweet got images of the earbuds even including packing:

Note how the inner of the rubber tips are yellow. Looks quite awesome - but I still do not expect to ever use them *LOL*

(If so it would be for promotional reasons with the T-shirt)

If they gave me a shirt, it would get a lot more use and publicity than headphones

Personally I think it would be a great way of publicity to use a T-shirt as the protective padding of the phone during transportation, I think many would gladly substitute the earbuds and fancy packaging for that..,