LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds

8 hours ago, Craig said:

Can I include comments in the file?  // or # or anything?    Just to keep track of stuff easier.... 

No, I had intended this to be fronted by a GUI.  But I can add the ability to ignore comments.

8 hours ago, Craig said:

Here's my line for F6:

19:0007:00d0

any idea what's wrong?

KEY_F6 is 64, so that should be 19:0007:0040

8 hours ago, Craig said:

And, some praise!  I'm finally starting to understand why you're hiding the slant-arrow keys from user and handling them this way.  Your method will allow us to use standard aosp layouts, yet control Fn independently in this easy to edit keymap file.    I like it.   Of course I still want to remap my right slant arrow and just use the left for this functionality, but you said that's coming, so I'm very pleased.   I😉

Thanks. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

6 hours ago, cinaeco said:

Huh... that's strange to hear since it seems people can use aptX on stock. Or does that mean the license is only available on stock and not in LOS (and is there anyway to bring that over if that's the case)?

I would like to see proof of people using aptX on stock.  Because I do not see the aptX libraries in the stock image.  So unless Qualcomm has embedded the aptX libraries somewhere unexpected, or someone has added them manually, I don't see how it is possible for aptX to work on stock.

It is LineageOS policy to include only what stock includes.  This is to avoid any potential issues with licensing.  So i cannot add aptX on LineageOS (officially anyway).

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, tdm said:

KEY_F6 is 64, so that should be 19:0007:0040

Thanks.  Now I see what you mean about error prone.  I thought I double checked stuff and yep, that explained it.  So now F1-F8 working.  But still not sure why not F9-F12

30:0010:0043 F9

14:0011:0044 F10

38:0012:0057 F11

54:0013:0058 F12

Also, now I understand you intend a GUI for this in the future, that is even more awesome.  For android or pc? 

keymap keymap.comments.txt

Edited by Craig
29 minutes ago, Craig said:

Thanks.  Now I see what you mean about error prone.  I thought I double checked stuff and yep, that explained it.  So now F1-F8 working.  But still not sure why not F9-F12

30:0010:0043 F9

14:0011:0044 F10

38:0012:0057 F11

54:0013:0058 F12

Also, now I understand you intend a GUI for this in the future, that is even more awesome.  For android or pc? 

keymap 903 B · 0 downloads keymap.comments.txt 970 B · 0 downloads

Key 9 is index 13, KEY_9 is 10 (0x0a), KEY_F9 is 67 (0x43), so "13:0a:43".

I'll let you figure out the rest. 🙂

As for the GUI, I'm intending to have something relatively simple.  Perhaps pick from a handful of canned layouts, and maybe a few tick boxes for modifications (like your F# keys).

PS1: if you mess up, you can always echo "qwerty" > layout and it will reset.

PS2: you can diff the original keymap file and your changed one to see what you have modified.

PS3: you do not have to have a full keymap in your file, only the changes that you want to make.

17 minutes ago, tdm said:

Key 9 is index 13, KEY_9 is 10 (0x0a), KEY_F9 is 67 (0x43), so "13:0a:43".

argh!  simple dec to hex mistake I made this time.  Yep, I understand now.   F1-F12 (in order) then key_power.  All tested and working now. 

57:0002:003b
60:0003:003c
8:0004:003d
61:0005:003e
55:0006:003f
19:0007:0040
3:0008:0041
53:0009:0042
13:000a:0043
45:000b:0044
29:000c:0057
37:000d:0058
48:0039:0074

keymap

Edited by Craig
2 hours ago, tdm said:

I would like to see proof of people using aptX on stock.  Because I do not see the aptX libraries in the stock image.  So unless Qualcomm has embedded the aptX libraries somewhere unexpected, or someone has added them manually, I don't see how it is possible for aptX to work on stock.

It is LineageOS policy to include only what stock includes.  This is to avoid any potential issues with licensing.  So i cannot add aptX on LineageOS (officially anyway).

Aptx is broken on stock. (At least for me. Tested with AthM50x bt)

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Craig said:

I flashed magisk (with lineage recovery) and now adb root gives me an error about production mode.  Is this expected behavior?  any workaround?

I don't use or support magisk, sorry.

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

I held down buttons like you said.  I edited an earlier post to mention that it worked, I felt I'd already made enough posts 😉

Ah, ninja.  I'll go look. Lol

Holy crap, I finally got a2dp working.  That took waaaaaaay too long, but it's working now.  Next build will have it, probably tomorrow since I am a bit busy today and there's some other stuff I want to fix/add also.

• Thanks 10
12 minutes ago, tdm said:

Holy crap, I finally got a2dp working.  That took waaaaaaay too long, but it's working now.  Next build will have it, probably tomorrow since I am a bit busy today and there's some other stuff I want to fix/add also.

Good to hear.

FYI, no issues with audio yet.  Been using it for 7 hours so far.  I've never had it stay up that long without issues using the LOS built vendor image.

Edited by JooJooBee666
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alright, so time to vote on issues to work on.  Assuming that audio generally works (reports indicate it does in test7) and a2dp works (it will in test8), what is your biggest issue with running Lineage?  Here's a list to start, mostly cribbed from the issues page:

* FM Radio does not work.

* WiFi signal strength broken.

* SELinux is permissive.

* Notification LED and/or vibration issues (anyone other than @Polaris see this?)

* ExFAT support for large sdcards (generally 64gb+).

* Allow dead touch zones on screen edges.

* Mitigate accidental fingerprint touches.

* Other (write-in) ...?

Or I can work on a decrypting TWRP if that's your biggest issue.

• Thanks 1

my top 3 from your list would be

#1 other (able to remap right slant arrow)

#2 deadzone control

#3 twrp decrpyt

I still get the crackle on sound effects, which i'd put at 1.5 if adding to my personal priorities.

Edited by Craig

Not that I'm calling any shots here, lol, but my top is NOTIFICATIONS!

Is anyone else experiencing these notification issues?  I know others are with the LED and the stock ROM, but with LOS I don't have any notification LED or notification vibrations (vibrations I can get with 3rd party apps, but can't get the LED no matter what).

If you guys are having the same issues, how are you being alerted to missed calls, voicemails, and not yet viewed incoming texts without using ringer notifications?

Edited by Polaris
2 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Not that I'm calling any shots here, lol, but my top is NOTIFICATIONS!

Is anyone else experiencing these notification issues?  I know others are with the LED and the stock ROM, but with LOS I don't have any notification LED or notification vibrations (vibrations I can get with 3rd party apps, but can't get the LED no matter what).

If you guys are having the same issues, how are you being alerted to missed calls, voicemails, and not yet viewed incoming texts without using ringer notifications?

I use this app.  It sends audible alerts.  The notification LED is useless to me.  I never look at my phone unless I need it for something so an audible notification works best for me.  NEVER used the LED in all my years.  It does allow control of the LED as well but I've never tried it.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

I use this app.  It sends audible alerts.  The notification LED is useless to me.  I never look at my phone unless I need it for something so an audible notification works best for me.  NEVER used the LED in all my years.  It does allow control of the LED as well but I've never tried it.

Well, lucky you! 😁 LOL.  For me, the audible alerts are useless and I live off the notification LEDs.  I would never daily drive a phone without one!  My lack of audible alerts is due to various reasons, but mainly it's a big issue where I work (and my wife has enjoyed the quietness at home so much that she now has her ringers off all the time as well).

Edited by Polaris
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

@Polaris If the LED's in that app don't work, it also has an option to use the camera flash.  Maybe overkill but maybe a better option for you than nothing if it works?

Thanks. I have an app for that, but it's seriously bright (still most definitely better than nothing!), and I must have the phone on it's face/screen.  I'm really looking forward to the notification LED (and also vibrations which worked perfectly in stock, but are gone in LOS) working in Lineage!

Edited by Polaris
1 hour ago, tdm said:

* Allow dead touch zones on screen edges.

* Mitigate accidental fingerprint touches.

I would say these two are the ones with most complains for stock. Though I personally have no really issues with either in a flip case.

On the second I would suggest an OPTION that requires that we press Power, or slide out the keyboard, before the reader gets active.

My personal favourite would be to have a magnet close to the second Hall sensor turn the display off. For me it does not need to turn on with the magnet moved away, as I will use the fingerprint sensor anyway. (Preferably some options, for the benefit of those with a flip-case with a window)

....Would like the FM-radio too... But I assume that is even more of a minority wish.

Poking around a bit in the touchscreen driver.  Adding code for the side dead zones is trivial and it works here.  Hooking it up to a sysfs node and adding a setting item in the settings app will be a bit more work, but very doable.

Not sure about the fingerprint reader yet.  I may implement two options: one to only activate the reader when the screen is not off and one to limit the amount of time between reads.  I personally like the latter -- I love to be able to unlock the device without pressing any physical keys.  But I'm not really sure exactly how to implement either of them.  I'll have to do some playing around.

After that, it sounds like a decrypting TWRP is probably the third most popular request.

And don't get discouraged or frustrated if your request is lower on the priority list.  These things should all happen in short order now that my war with a2dp has been won.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
12 minutes ago, tdm said:

...limit the amount of time between reads.  I personally like the latter....

It would be a SUPER elegant solution if it after a failed attempt could ignore any touches until it has been untouched for say 2secs. This would mean that grabbing or holding it would only count as one single failed attempt....

• Like 1