Reccommend gcam port for Pro¹?

Anyone else notice that when F(x)Tec posts something to Instagram or Twitter showing the Pro1 taking a photo, the app that's shown is always some kind of GCam port, never the Snapdragon app? I wonder what port the F(x)Tec social media team uses. So far my queries to the social media accounts have gone unanswered...

• Like 3
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried key mapper from f-droid.  I was able to map camera button longpress to open gcam or default cam  (and change quite a few other things while i was at it) but dont see a way to make focus/shutte

Based on your description it seems that Snapdragon camera is hardcoded to the camera button. I think this is a bug, as it should launch the default camera.

Anyone else notice that when F(x)Tec posts something to Instagram or Twitter showing the Pro1 taking a photo, the app that's shown is always some kind of GCam port, never the Snapdragon app? I wonder

Posted Images

On 7/16/2020 at 1:20 PM, FlyingAntero said:

Here is a quick Night Sight mode test with F1v9.6_6.2.030, MGC_6.1.021_F1_V1.7 (A8.1 config off and on), MGC_7.4.104_V0a and F1MinimalMod2.1 ports.

These photos are taken in dark condition when the camera app itself suggests to use Night Sight mode. In my opinion, F1v9.6_6.2.030 and MGC_6.1.021_F1_V1.7 gives the best result and I can't see difference between these two. When I enable "Forcibly enable NS config for A8.1" (it fixes the viewfinder) on MGC_6.1.021_F1_V1.7 port colors are much colder. Picture quality is still great. Night Sight mode on MGC_7.4.104_V0a is totally broken and can't be used. You can see distortions in the picture. F1MinimalMod2.1 is also unusable since the noise level is really bad.

So far I have not tested other features.

Thanks. I'm currently mostly interested in the level of detail for normal photos and I didn't see much difference between various versions (all are better than stock), but thanks for sharing.

Posted (edited)
On 12/16/2019 at 6:17 PM, david said:

Pixel 3 is the one that shares the same camera hardware for the main camera.

Based on what david said earlier I'd try the pixel 3.

Edited by Craig
11 hours ago, hermite said:

Which camera model is recommended for the Poco F1 port? For 9.6 available are: Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a XL.

I am using Pixel III XL input model also.

BTW, MGC_6.1.021_RP1_V1.3.2-BSG port is working very similar compared to F1v9.6_6.2.030 in Night Sight even thought if you enable A8.1 config (to fix viewfinder). The colors are not cold (like on MGC_6.1.021_F1_V1.7 when A8.1 config is enabled) but it takes little bit longer to take the picture. For normal shots it is working good. Currently I am using Pixel 2018 ZsIR Hdr+ config.

Issues on MGC_6.1.021_RP1_V1.3.2-BSG

• Panorama is broken
  • Slow motion causes camera app to crash