Pro1 first-day-user questions

3 minutes ago, netman said:

Also funny the setting is in system instead of accessibility where you'd feel it'd belong... And named "swipe up on home button"?!?

I grabbed the Pixel and took a look.  It is in Settings->System->Gestures->System navigation

There are 3 options:

Gesture navigation, 2-button navigation, and 3-button navigation.  In Gesture, there are no soft buttons at all.  In 2-button, there is a virtual home button and an arrow button to the side of it.  I don't see a mode that is like what the Pro1 has, with only the home button, but maybe that is a Pie vs Android 10 difference.  3-button is, of course, the normal 3 virtual buttons (which used to be physical!!!).

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That bug has been fixed with the latest OTA update, yes 🙂

I would venture to say most of us don't want any of that, having a keyboard gives me full control of that myself..... however that doesn't mean the toggles to turn it on/off shouldn't be there for peo

For those of you wants to have word suggestions, try using Swift key instead of GBoard. It has most of the features, if not all, as a software keyboard. Because most users wants clean Android, we

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, silversolver said:

They disabled that because it was causing a serious problem, with I don't remember what. They said it will be restored once they can figure out how to stop the associated problem.

It was because it was related to the screen refusing to accept input until you reboot, I believe. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks everyone for the answers. The main problem I have now is that the phone is thinking the hwkb is open 99% of the time, no matter how many times I open and close 😞 the backlight stopped working too. In this state it's unusable for me. You guys (and girls) are much smarter than me, can You think of any solution for that? Can it be a software bug or rather hardware related problem?

20 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

Thanks everyone for the answers. The main problem I have now is that the phone is thinking the hwkb is open 99% of the time, no matter how many times I open and close 😞 the backlight stopped working too. In this state it's unusable for me. You guys (and girls) are much smarter than me, can You think of any solution for that? Can it be a software bug or rather hardware related problem?

Did you try rebooting it?  Have you done all the software updates?  Have you tried factory reset?

If none of those do it, then I'd guess the cable that connects the screen to the keyboard isn't getting signals through for some reason.

1 hour ago, david said:

Did you try rebooting it?  Have you done all the software updates?  Have you tried factory reset?

If none of those do it, then I'd guess the cable that connects the screen to the keyboard isn't getting signals through for some reason.

Rebooting does not help at all. Factory reset only for a short time. All updates installed.

edit: strange thing just happened. Everything was fine (phone in portrait mode), phone was in stand-by lying on the desk and suddenly it has turned itself on in landscape mode.

edit2: now it was just fipping back and forth for a couple of seconds, like some contact from the sensor was loose.

edit3: pushed the housing harder in a couple of places and it's back to normal at the moment. The situation is dynamic with this issue...

Edited by anonim001
13 hours ago, PanicBrothers said:

good Idea...but on QWERTZ if you choose no layout all buttons are one step postponed.

An "E" is an "R" and "h" is a "j" and so on.

If you choose a LAyout all fine but no questionmark possible. I will try your Thread with Keymapper. THX for this

No need to do that. Just update Gboard and make sure to add the proper languages in the settings. Had the same problem yesterday and solved it.

9 hours ago, anonim001 said:

edit: strange thing just happened. Everything was fine (phone in portrait mode), phone was in stand-by lying on the desk and suddenly it has turned itself on in landscape mode.

edit2: now it was just fipping back and forth for a couple of seconds, like some contact from the sensor was loose.

edit3: pushed the housing harder in a couple of places and it's back to normal at the moment. The situation is dynamic with this issue...

I hate to say it, but it seems like you have a hardware issue, and are going to have to contact fxtec for warranty repair/replacement....

2 hours ago, Craig said:

I hate to say it, but it seems like you have a hardware issue, and are going to have to contact fxtec for warranty repair/replacement....

I think so too, now it's stuck for good, nothing helps 😞 guess I'll be the first one to try their repair service.

• Sad 2
On 12/19/2019 at 8:01 PM, anonim001 said:

5. The LCD quality is poor... I can tell where the glue is just by looking it under direct light. (yeah, that was more of a remark than question)

....i have question about ∆∆∆...you say that is visible how is display glued. Can you post some photos how it looks?

...i am little scared if it really looks too cheap 😞

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, CornholioGSM said:

....i have question about ∆∆∆...you say that is visible how is display glued. Can you post some photos how it looks?

...i am little scared if it really looks too cheap 😞

I don't see any glue or so with the screen, it looks pretty nice to me... Not a huge fan of the curved edges yet but I really wouldn't say the device looks cheap in any way.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, CornholioGSM said:

BTW...about softkeys (navkeys) on bottom...what i want is classic layout as on all droid phones - menu-home(recent)-back-search...this is the best layout for me

Here is a possibly confusing screenshot of how it looks like after turning the gesture nonsense off: Screenshot_20191221-034223.thumb.png.a2a4a6ca2856a51d5a6da990c66fdffa.png

30 minutes ago, CornholioGSM said:

yesss...i mean that this "layout" is still settable on los 🙂

i checked out LOS briefly for the first time on pro1 and it seemed very nice 🙂 stock turns out to be more practical for testing something i'm poking at though, so i'm stuck with that for a while

• Like 2