• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And adapt quite well  

3D Files are here : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4236222 (thingiverse is quite slow today)

I used Fusion360: Printed on a Prusa I3 mk3:  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, brunoais said:

I don't have the phone yet but I intent to use the one I already own.

Nice. Does it have some support plate that can swing out at the bottom? Otherwise it will have to hold quite firm for it not to slip down during small bumps and vibrations while driving?

8 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Nice. Does it have some support plate that can swing out at the bottom? Otherwise it will have to hold quite firm for it not to slip down during small bumps and vibrations while driving?

It holds the phone firmly. To avoid sliding, it has rubber in 3 places. Both clamps and the back.

Those stripes on the holders and stripes on the back are soft ("sticky") rubber.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, altwouss said:

@Rob. S. What did you end up using?

Unfortunately, I still don't even have the phone...

My plan is to try the 711042 Brodit holder I already have, as the period for returns is long since over, and if it doesn't work out, I'll order the 511309 Brodit holder, too.

Here's what I wound up with that is working quite well:

https://www.xmpow.com/collections/car-phone-mount/products/mpow-127-gravity-car-phone-mount-air-vent-phone-holder

I like the gravity style holder for quick placement and removal. It seems to be available as vent mount or window suction cup mount as well.

The spacing of the prongs at the bottom is wide enough that the USB port isn't covered, so I can easily plug it in for long drives.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wilhelmfitzpatrick said:

I like the gravity style holder for quick placement and removal. It seems to be available as vent mount or window suction cup mount as well.

I like this design too, very practical. It exists for landscape too. See above 🙂

In my previous car, I used the iBolt mount system for the device I used before I got the Pro1. It's nice because it holds it at the top edges, so it doesn't interfere with the buttons. It has a universal design, so the holder (I used the sPro 2) itself can be mounted different ways. You can create a custom solution here . I can't speak to its performance when the Pro1 is open, but personally I would never use it that way anyway

On 12/28/2019 at 6:58 PM, Rob. S. said:

I guess this would be a case for a 3D printer. Unfortunately I'm not really into that...

So, I give it a try. I draw something like that :

To be hooked in the ventilation blades

IMG_20200322_155638.thumb.jpg.ff222cf1137b753ddef1b606968fde86.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 3/17/2020 at 2:46 PM, Rob. S. said:

Unfortunately, I still don't even have the phone...

My plan is to try the 711042 Brodit holder I already have, as the period for returns is long since over, and if it doesn't work out, I'll order the 511309 Brodit holder, too.

Oh I am sorry that might have been naive or inconsiderate on my part.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:24 PM, mosen said:

The universal holder from Brodit does the job.
Sorry, no idea about measurements and order number, it is like 6 years old.
But i just needed to widen this universal holder to max after using it for XA2 which was more narrow.
The thickness is exactly matching the cutout space so the pro¹ sits very tight.
https://twitter.com/eLtMosen/status/1197074326245257216

Oh, and cheers form an Audi 80 [B4] owner for ~10years 😄
Now i upgraded to this nice [W639] Vito with just 260tKm.

spacer.png

I think I am going with the 511308 (https://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=511308). I have the phone and have been measuring with a caliper. The phone is 10mm thick at the edges and until ~5 mm from the edges its max 13mm, at it's thickest it's 14.3mm (with screenprotector).

The description and picture from mosen exactly match the fit I am expecting with 511308. I am going to order one.

I think the gravity idea is the best. Unfortunately most only do either landscape or portrait. And the landscape ones are not that common out there.

I have found just two claiming to do BOTH though. I found this but also this kids friendly design. For both I assume the feet needs to be modified for the USB plug in portrait

The pure landscape I only found in one version, e.g. sold here.

Many of the portrait ones will interfere with the buttons and/or the USB plug, so a bit of search and trial&error can be expected. Ordered this.

s-l1600[1].jpg

150308-4849[1].jpg

9038e00d062a[1].jpg

s-l1600[1].jpg

• Like 2

IMG_20200326_124615698_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200326_124641916.jpg

IMG_20200326_124658354.jpg

So I got the holder, as you can see the buttons are fine with this one, you may need to be careful with the camera button though. You can even use the fingerprint unlock.

So 9-13mm might still be a bit too much. I am going with it, as the room is only minimal I might fill the edges with some rubber feet I have lying around. But @Rob. S. yours might fit exactly.

Edited by altwouss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, altwouss said:

So 9-13mm might still be a bit too much. I am going with it, as the room is only minimal I might fill the edges with some rubber feet I have lying around. But @Rob. S. yours might fit exactly.

Thanks! Might be a good thing then that I wasn't able to return mine anymore 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, EskeRahn said:

Many of the portrait ones will interfere with the buttons and/or the USB plug, so a bit of search and trial&error can be expected. Ordered this.

Got it in the mail today, and well it is not a good fit, but not hopeless either- with suitable modifications.

On the plus side the the two feet on the button side lands perfectly around the fingerprint scanner, and not touching the power button.

On the minus side one of the bottom feet sits right over the usb plug, but it will work practically equally well if you cut that one away!

The rubber feet are designed for grabbing a thinner phone, but are just put over a 15mm long plastic pin, and can easily be pulled off and then remounted a little further out. Either glued on or remounted with a piece of paper or the like around the pin to tighten the fit.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, EskeRahn said:

I have found just two claiming to do BOTH though. I found this

9038e00d062a[1].jpg

Just got the above in the mail today, and it is a good fit in both portrait and landscape AND has the benefit mounted in a car to fit almost any phablet with a short edge between 64 and 88mm.

To use while charging in portrait, I will suggest to make a small cut in one of the feet.2038628361_IMG_20200512_10232601.thumb.jpg.52643c57c1f8c2ac2088e099fbc26e07.jpg

(Note that in portrait the 'toes' does not catch the edge of the display-part of a Pro1, but it still can not fall out)

• 2 weeks later...

My first posting here! Today I ordered the "f(x)tec pro1". In the past, I was a heavy user of every Nokia Communicator. Till 2018 I used the N900 (have had three!). Actually I am using a Blackberry Priv. Every of my mobile phones has had it's own active car holder. In the last 10 years I used them from "Brodit". There are active universal holders from Brodit, but they will not work with the "f(x)tec Pro1", because the USB slot is not in the center. Therefore I asked Brodit today, if they are planning to produce a type-specialized active holder for the "f(x)tec Pro1".  I hope, they will. An I hope, others will, too. Because I will not use passive car holders with all the cables ... Therfore it would be nice to change infos here, which car holders are beeing used and how they work.