Custom Keyboard Layouts for F(x)tec Pro1

As I'm investigating how to implement qwertz support I thought it could be nice to have support for gamepads too. Any gamer out there wishing for a such a feature? Maybe it just does not make sense if you do not have analog stick support anyway. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just published what's basically a modified variant of FinQwerty called Fx Qwerty with focus on Pro1 usability.

Fx Qwerty v0.1.1 layout. EDIT: This is now outdated, check out Fx Qwerty home page for up to date versions.

Instead of capital ß it should give the question mark. Or how am is supposed to type question mark insteadẞ

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Slion said:

As I'm investigating how to implement qwertz support I thought it could be nice to have support for gamepads too. Any gamer out there wishing for a such a feature? Maybe it just does not make sense if you do not have analog stick support anyway. 

On Droid 4 I was using app GameKeyboard and it was perfect for gaming. On Pro1 service for this app just can't start...

• Thanks 1

@FlyingAntero

Here is a first draft for QWERTZ layout.
The ALT layer is still missing, the Fx layer may need to be adapted for QWERTZ as it should currently be the same as on QWERTY.

hwkbd-v0.4.0-fxTecPro1-qwertz-release.apk

Known issues:

• First row shift not acting as fn.
  • Fn characters on standard letter keys missing or wrong.
Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

except that shift + ß gives ẞ but that is probably like it should

Yes that's how it was done in FinQwerty I'm not sure if it makes sense though, I can't think of any instance of upper case ß in german.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Slion said:

Yes that's how it was done in FinQwerty I'm not sure if it makes sense though, I can't think of any instance of upper case ß in german.

I am not familiar with German letters so I don't know either. I see that you implemented FX combinations also (like FX + c gives calculator). Nice! So far I haven't seen any issues with the keymap.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

FX combinations

Yes those ones were taken over from the qwerty variant and may need reviewing for qwertz DE.

4 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

am not familiar with German letters so I don't know either

Which is your native language? Why did you get a qwertz then?

11 minutes ago, Slion said:

Which is your native language? Why did you get a qwertz then?

I am from Finland. QWERTZ suits quite well for us since we have Ä and Ö letters also and instead of Ü we are using Å. Then Y and Z needs to be swapped. So, only minor remapping is needed from QWERTZ to Scandic.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

am from Finland.

So what's wrong with the layouts provided by FinQwerty? Is it the missing Fx and Alt layers?

27 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

instead of Ü we are using Å. Then Y and Z needs to be swapped. So, only minor remapping is needed from QWERTZ to Scandic.

I could do a QWERTZ - FI layout if you want. Should I take a look at the FinQwerty variant?

LATER: I see you actually already provided what you are looking for:

1 hour ago, Slion said:

It was added as a character to official German rather recently (June 2017), for the case of writing an existing text in all caps (as an example the Corbusier WP theme I use for my blog has this odd behaviour for some headers).
I guess It is not that likely to actually type it though. But that is now possible.

Straßenschild-Versal-ß[1].jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
On 8/3/2020 at 2:14 PM, Slion said:

Instead of capital ß it should give the question mark. Or how am is supposed to type question mark insteadẞ

• Haha 3
  • 7 months later...

Hi 

I´m still struggling a bit with this, How do I find the scan codes for the "F" and "arrow up" buttons? the Key-loggers or dmesg don´t show anything. 

Running LinageOS18.1

also when I look at the original keychars file I don´t find symbols related to the "arrow up" button, (for example I don´t see anything about "/" being associated to "P"

//Per

On 8/8/2021 at 2:55 PM, pebert said:

Hi 

I´m still struggling a bit with this, How do I find the scan codes for the "F" and "arrow up" buttons? the Key-loggers or dmesg don´t show anything. 

Running LinageOS18.1

also when I look at the original keychars file I don´t find symbols related to the "arrow up" button, (for example I don´t see anything about "/" being associated to "P"

//Per

My understanding is that neither Fx Qwerty nor FinQwerty are working on LOS cause the keyboard driver has been significantly changed, notably modifying scan codes.

On 8/8/2021 at 2:55 PM, pebert said:

Running LinageOS18.1

That's to be expected if you are looking at the LOS source code cause that's hard coded in the driver.