On 3/3/2020 at 10:12 AM, Slion said:

I just published Fx Service which is an Android application for better and easier Pro1 integration with smart case cover.
Possibly more Pro1 specific featured will be added later. Check the home page linked above for up to date info.
Feel free to post here to discuss bugs and feature requests.

Website seems to be broken now -- could you take a look? (Have you considered mirroring somewhere, e.g. github or something?)

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fx Service is an Android application notably enabling Pro1 smart case support. It also provides various solutions to common Pro1 problems or simply new features including: Smart case support:

Just released v0.8.0. Now it's not just useful it looks good too 😉  

Yes it should but some development is needed. I guess you would notably need to check if you are in a phone call to avoid locking the phone while calling for instance. It's usually straight for

Posted Images

8 hours ago, knuckles said:

Website seems to be broken now -- could you take a look? (Have you considered mirroring somewhere, e.g. github or something?)

Ho dear, thanks for the heads up. I'll see what I can do. I wonder what happend. The plan is to put it on Google Play at some point.

I bet my host decided to upgrade PHP behind my back.

Edited by Slion
1 hour ago, Slion said:

I bet my host decided to upgrade PHP behind my back.

That's what it was. Looks like it is back online for now. However I'll probably need to go through a round of upgrades in the coming weeks, therefore further down time to be expected.

12 hours ago, Slion said:

Just released v0.5.0 mostly adding support for turning on and off screen filter using light sensor readings.

Tried that new light sensor feature but it does not work for me I'm afraid. I doubt I can make it work any better. Basically the light sensor is not sensitive enough in low light conditions. It goes to 1.0 Lux but can't distinguish the whole range of various low light conditions between 0.0 and 1.0 Lux. Therefore, the best way to use that screen filter is still to set it up manually.

46 minutes ago, Slion said:

Just released v0.6.0 adding support for locking the screen upon closing your keyboard. Mostly for people not using flip case I guess.

I have seen several wishing for that. I remember for my Xperia (Neo) Pro that it was quite handy - but that was at a time where portrait was used primarily for phone calls.

But what about some smarter version of that! Lock the display IF you do not interact with he display after close in say 3s (could be same lock time-out slider as the flip close)

It could EITHER be implemented by turning the display off, but allowing a Power press to turn it back on OR it could hesitate turning the display off, perhaps with a pop-up count-down. that people could just touch to cancel, say "Locking in # seconds, touch to cancel".

...Just an idea...

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

perhaps with a pop-up count-down. that people could just touch to cancel, say "Locking in # seconds, touch to cancel".

I wonder about that... People may touch the popup... I'm afraid of a "good intentions; bad implementation".

IMO, it's really hard to know if a screen touch is meant as a "continue using" or as a "ups, I touched by accident".
Maybe canceling the lock by mistake can be mitigated with a noise and rumble?

Just bringing this up to avoid no one thinking about it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

perhaps with a pop-up count-down. that people could just touch to cancel, say "Locking in # seconds, touch to cancel"

That's exactly what was implemented 😁

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

It could EITHER be implemented by turning the display off, but allowing a Power press to turn it back on

My initial idea too but it turns out Android won't let you do that apparently. Even turning off the display without locking the screen and without the proximity sensor is apparently not possible. If you think about it does make sense too.

• Like 1

Minor bug with new function. If you open&close when locked, and then touch the fingerprint to unlock, it does, and count down to lock again....

(And for some reason sometimes the box is shown slightly smaller without the cancel - I have not been able to spot the pattern)

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Minor bug with new function. If you open&close when locked, and then touch the fingerprint to unlock, it does, and count down to lock again....

Thanks, good catch. I can reproduce it too. I'll see what I can do to fix it.

...Suggestion: Left of the "Cancel" add a "Lock now", can make sense if people have set it a little high, and do not want to wait, before putting it in say the pocket.

Of course we can just press the Power, but would make sense next to "Cancel", and Power could have it's own delay, is selected in the standard settings.

Have you any news on getting it to work on LineageOS? The sensor here act somewhat different, repeatedly sending a close, and a different key...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Have you any news on getting it to work on LineageOS? The sensor here act somewhat different, repeatedly sending a close, and a different key...

It is unlikely I bother with that myself until I get myself a spare Pro1 for development purposes that I could flash with LineageOS.

4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

...Suggestion: Left of the "Cancel" add a "Lock now"

Thought of that too but decided against it.

5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Of course we can just press the Power

Indeed.

7 hours ago, Slion said:

It is unlikely I bother with that myself until I get myself a spare Pro1 for development purposes that I could flash with LineageOS.

It does look rather different with the repeated key for Lineage:

Screenshot_20200311-104627_KeyEvent_Display.png

Versus the two keys on stock android

Screenshot_20200317-012003.png

• Like 1

@EskeRahn Well, ideally we should use the sensors directly rather than relying on funny key input.
Last we looked we could only find the keyboard sensor, the one for the case remained elusive. Surely @tdm could help us with that as somewhere in the system something generates those keys based on the raw sensor input.

• Slion changed the title to Fx Service, smart case for Pro1