Sign in to follow this  
dt.white

Digitizer Input Without Touch

OK, so not sure if this is actually a bug or not, but need to see if anybody else is experiencing this issue.

Note: my device has never been dropped, and this behaviour started yesterday evening. Multiple reboots have not resolved the issue.

Essentially, whenever I'm using my device, it intermittently registers multiple touches along a single line of the digitizer, causing completely unanticipated behaviour which as you can imagine, is very frustrating and makes the device very difficult to use - I even had difficulty recording it! (but I managed). Please see the linked video file, which I recorded. Note I've turned on both the options for seeing touch input (user and developer) to give as much detail as possible.

If anybody else is experiencing this or has any ideas as to what is happening, please let me know.

Thanks

• Like 2

This sounds like a physical glitch in the digitizer. I get this from time to time with my Droid 4 as well, and turning off the screen and wiping it on my pants has so far resolved it every time. If it is persistent and/or stubborn, I'd definitely see about getting it warranty replaced once things get back to normal in China. If you don't wait until then, you'll likely be without it for some time.

It is definitely persistent so I've contacted support, they will be sending out a replacement screen with instructions on how to replace it.

I had the option of sending it the phone off to a centre in London but decided I'd give it a go myself instead (I like a little tinkering).

Will update this post when it's replaced to advise on the outcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dt.white said:

Will update this post when it's replaced to advise on the outcome.

Thanks for any details you can give us on the process of what it took to replace it and how it works afterward.