• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started working on Fulguris Web Browser. It's primarily targeting F(x)tec Pro1. Now available on PlayStore for free.

Just published release v0.7.0.

Guess what, I just published release v0.7.1.

Posted Images

Curious, since this is based on Chromium: Is there any way to get the extensions available for desktop Chromium to work on this? That has long been an issue for me with Android, that I can't seem to install any extensions on neither Chrome nor Firefox, which makes both of them equally useless due to being susceptible to ad-infested websites and thus drive-by virus infections.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

Curious, since this is based on Chromium

Well not exactly, it is based on WebView.

12 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

Is there any way to get the extensions available for desktop Chromium to work on this?

For users: no. For developers: while I have not looked at it I seriously doubt it.

15 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

ad-infested websites

Fulguris comes with a built-in ad-blocker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Slion said:

Well not exactly, it is based on WebView.

For users: no. For developers: while I have not looked at it I seriously doubt it.

Fulguris comes with a built-in ad-blocker.

Ah nevermind then. But thanks for the info about the integrated ad-blocker!

• Like 1

I think there are at least two examples so far which allow installation of (some) Chrome extensions in an Android browser: Kiwi and Yandex. My experiences (with the latter) are mixed, though (not even wanting to get into the subject of data protection here) and I have no idea how the developers accomplished it, either.

• Like 2

Just published release v0.9.6.

Carefully with this one as it will loose you all your tabs. Make sure your bookmark the ones you need before doing the update.
It brings much improved closed tabs restoration and options to not launch third-party apps.

On 6/14/2020 at 2:36 PM, SteffenWi said:

I can't seem to install any extensions on neither Chrome nor Firefox

I dont recall ever having problems installing extensions on firefox mobile...   currently I have uBlock Origin working just fine.... just click the three dots for menu then select Add-ons.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, MickH said:

Any possibility of importing bookmarks from other browsers?

AFAIK you can only import bookmarks from text file ATM.

Bookmarks panel is also very basic. I'll improve it as soon as I get a chance. It would be nice to be able to reorder bookmarks much like tabs.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, MickH said:

No problems, except having to set it up after each update, but it's no big deal.

I'm working on publishing it on Google Play.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MickH said:

Liking this browser so far.

Feel free to register on http://slions.net and give it a five stars rating 🙂
Do let me know if you do register there as I'll need to validate your registration and I'm usually getting a lot of spams.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
On 6/22/2020 at 3:46 AM, Craig said:

I dont recall ever having problems installing extensions on firefox mobile...   currently I have uBlock Origin working just fine.... just click the three dots for menu then select Add-ons.

Wait what? Since when is that available? I tried Firefox roughly 2 years ago and I'm very certain that you couldn't install any add-ons back then...

In any case, thank you for telling me that!

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, SteffenWi said:

Wait what? Since when is that available? I tried Firefox roughly 2 years ago and I'm very certain that you couldn't install any add-ons back then...

In any case, thank you for telling me that!

It's worked for me since my first smartphone in around 2013 running kitkat.  Back then I'd install adblock plus in firefox.   So I have no idea what problems you had two years ago, there has never been a time I didn't have an adblock extension in firefox, mobile or othersie.... on pc that's I think *WHY* I started using firefox version 3 or so was for adblock plus, so continued that practice on phone.

• Like 2

Just published release v1.0.2.

It features a bunch of improvements mostly for desktop mode.
Desktop mode should now be working properly for every web site.
It's even better than on Chrome cause you can configure its scale from the settings, especially true on tablet or external monitor.

Edited by Slion
23 minutes ago, Craig said:

I get a notification that i have an incognito tab open.  cant get rid of it.  closed every single app, still there.

Incognito mode has received very little attention from my part I'm afraid. Thanks for reporting this issue. Can you reproduce it easily?

So figured I'd outline one method to get incognito mode stuck in notifications, even when fulguris has been killed.   This hapened to me today accidentally and I'm sure there's other ways to get into this state, but this seems repeatable.

1. open fulguris  (comes up with my old tabs from previous session before reboot)

2. click the lightning bolt and select 'Go incognito'  (opens what i assume is set for default, in my case google search)

3. Open launcher home.  (i.e. home button or equivilent)  (Incognito notification present, but not unexpected now)

4. Open fulguris  (comes up with same tabs as left from step #1)

5. Close fulguris (swipe away from recents)

I'm still notified incognito open, but ok fair enough its probably seperate, not sure how it's supposed to work.... so open the incognito session directly by clicking on the notification, then open recents and swipe it away, but it stays in notifications.  There is no fulguris still running in recents.   So in this situation, I would expect closing fulguris (since theres only one of them in recents) would close the incognito session too, which it seems it is - but it's just forgetting to stop notifying me that it's still open. 

Another related example.  Open two incognito tabs, two different sites.  Close fulguris.  Select the notification that says i have two tabs, it instead opens a clean google search for me, does not bring me to either of those two old tabs.  However again, this is the behavior I would expect if fulguris had been closed - its just the lingering notification.

Hopefully this is enough of explanation to give you basic idea of what I experienced...

• Thanks 1

I get exactly the same behaviour with Fulguris sometimes. After killing the browser completely, snapping the keyboard slider open and closed switches to the task manager screen (whether incognito or not) and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone.

Interestingly enough, it also happens with K-9 Mail once in a while, too.

• Thanks 1
On 7/7/2020 at 5:55 AM, Craig said:

So figured I'd outline one method to get incognito mode stuck in notifications, even when fulguris has been killed.   This hapened to me today accidentally and I'm sure there's other ways to get into this state, but this seems repeatable.

1. open fulguris  (comes up with my old tabs from previous session before reboot)

2. click the lightning bolt and select 'Go incognito'  (opens what i assume is set for default, in my case google search)

3. Open launcher home.  (i.e. home button or equivilent)  (Incognito notification present, but not unexpected now)

4. Open fulguris  (comes up with same tabs as left from step #1)

5. Close fulguris (swipe away from recents)

I'm still notified incognito open, but ok fair enough its probably seperate, not sure how it's supposed to work.... so open the incognito session directly by clicking on the notification, then open recents and swipe it away, but it stays in notifications.  There is no fulguris still running in recents.   So in this situation, I would expect closing fulguris (since theres only one of them in recents) would close the incognito session too, which it seems it is - but it's just forgetting to stop notifying me that it's still open. 

Another related example.  Open two incognito tabs, two different sites.  Close fulguris.  Select the notification that says i have two tabs, it instead opens a clean google search for me, does not bring me to either of those two old tabs.  However again, this is the behavior I would expect if fulguris had been closed - its just the lingering notification.

Hopefully this is enough of explanation to give you basic idea of what I experienced...

Same thing happens with Chrome. Only difference is that in Chrome the incognito notification will close incognito tabs and remove the notification. In Fulguris the notification opens incognito tabs so the notification never goes off. However, I don't know why the notification doesn't go away when you remove browser in recent apps. Probably it is related to Android's memory management. In general you should not "kill" apps by swipping them from recent apps menu.

Closing Apps to Save Your Battery Only Makes Things Worse

Screenshot_20200710-145747.thumb.png.56381f1dbe18898c56965df46c7ea9bd.png

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

So I started using the browser now and I will give it a shot.

some requests or maybe you know a workaround:

I donˋt have the fn layout you mentioned in the other thread,  because I have a qwertz pro1 and have to use finqwerty am I right?

the requests:

using back and forth with alt + arrows or ctrl + arrows.

creating a new tab should highlight directly the address-bar. I mean why not? What is normally the next step after creating a tab? 😄

a simple website blocker with just blocking some words of the url by setting them in the general settings.

all in all. good work. like it.

• Thanks 1