• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started working on Fulguris Web Browser. It's primarily targeting F(x)tec Pro1. Now available on PlayStore for free.

Just published release v0.7.0.

Guess what, I just published release v0.7.1.

Posted Images

Great news, after 9 months of development Fulguris, your keyboard friendly web browser born on the Pro1, has reached an important milestone with release v1.1.1 now available on Google Play enabling in-app subscriptions:

🥉 Bronze sponsorship subscription.
📑 Tabs are limited to 20 unless you are a sponsor.
You can still use our free download version instead.

As mentioned above the corresponding download version is also available and still granting you unlimited tabs for free.

My hope is to make that open source project sustainable enabling more contributions and faster development pace. Let's see how it goes 🎉

Edited by Slion
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, lameboyadvance said:

...Instead of limiting the store version to 20 tabs, you could always plaster it with ads instead. 😉

The next version will force you to watch a 30 seconds ad every time you switch tab unless you subscribe to the Unobtanium sponsorship for 30 bucks a month 🤣

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Slion said:

Great news, after 9 months of development Fulguris, your keyboard friendly web browser born on the Pro1, has reached an important milestone with release v1.1.1 now available on Google Play enabling in-app subscriptions:

🥉 Bronze sponsorship subscription.
📑 Tabs are limited to 20 unless you are a sponsor.
You can still use our free download version instead.

As mentioned above the corresponding download version is also available and still granting you unlimited tabs for free.

My hope is to make that open source project sustainable enabling more contributions and faster development pace. Let's see how it goes 🎉

Although I currently don't have a Pro1 and I can't imagine *ever* having anything approaching 20 tabs open at once, I just used my slab phone to subscribe.  A small enough effort to support this.  🙂

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Hook said:

Although I currently don't have a Pro1

Hope you get it back soon.

6 hours ago, Hook said:

I can't imagine *ever* having anything approaching 20 tabs open at once,

Really, I guess I'm a tab spammer then and by default Fulguris is configured to open a lot of tabs. I did not want to fix the tab limit too low so as to still enable people to scroll through them in the tab list without having to subscribe. In fact I was thinking tidy people may never need that many tabs and I'm fine with that. The subscription is there to enable people like you to contribute if they like the product. The tab limit is there to direct heavy users toward sponsorship. Looks like 20 tabs is a sweet spot then.

7 hours ago, Hook said:

I just used my slab phone to subscribe.  A small enough effort to support this.  🙂

Thank you so much John ❤️ I'll have a beer to celebrate my first sponsor 🍺

• Like 2
On 12/28/2020 at 9:07 AM, brunoais said:

Even better. They swallow all fees themselves.

I did not even know 🙂 

On 12/28/2020 at 9:07 AM, brunoais said:

Edit: There you go, 7 coffees-worth of money.

@brunoais You are awesome ❤️ thanks for supporting me, thanks for supporting open source software. Spread the word, 5 stars reviews on Google Play are gold too 😁

Edited by Slion
14 hours ago, Hook said:

Yeah, much better sponsorship options. Added a little more beer. 😉

Indeed, thanks John, beer always helps 🤣

I will add that option in Fulguris Sponsorship settings to give it more visibility.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:38 AM, Slion said:

I guess I'm a tab spammer

This is the understatement of the century. I was wondering why my Vivaldi session got so slow on my Windows workstation when doing ctrl+tab, tab count is 621! I'll save that session and close a few hundreds. OMG, I'm a tab hoarder 🤣

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

This is from two of my four open browsers... 🙄 I have considered grouping...

Ever considered vertical tab bars? Been using that for over 10 years. First on FireFox using a plug-in then on Opera and now on Vivaldi. Actually on Vivaldi I just disable the tab bar altogether and use what they call the Window pane. That's in effect a simplified vertical tab bar on steroids.

• Like 1

Just published Fulguris release v1.1.8.

Even though that's just a minor release, binaries changes are quite dramatic so keep an eye open for possible crashes 😁 

APK is almost half the size as before and it should run on older Android 5 and even Android 4 devices too.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, Slion said:

Ever considered vertical tab bars? Been using that for over 10 years. First on FireFox using a plug-in then on Opera and now on Vivaldi. Actually on Vivaldi I just disable the tab bar altogether and use what they call the Window pane. That's in effect a simplified vertical tab bar on steroids.

Just was stupid enough to try TabTree extension don't EVER make that mistake!!!
It 'rearranges' all tabs, making a total mess. A bit like sorting your book-shelf by colours, or height of the books.... 🙄🤪

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

It 'rearranges' all tabs, making a total mess. A bit like sorting your book-shelf by colours, or height of the books.... 🙄🤪

Once installed you should be able to sort your tabs again? Been years since I used it though.

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Simple Tab Group is the one for you to take. I have 3000 tabs around now and firefox handles it like a champ with only 1.5GB of RAM in use (I've been too busy to take care of my tabs... I think I need holidays; I'm starting to browse internet during work time)

@Slion: Can fulgris sync with firefox? What about the 3000 tabs? Can it handle that absurdity?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, brunoais said:

Can fulgris sync with firefox?

It does not. Though you could try the bookmark import feature.

2 hours ago, brunoais said:

What about the 3000 tabs?

It has not been tested, so no 😁 I'm fairly confident something will go badly wrong long before you reach 1000.
Though it is possibly it could display a very large number of unload tabs. Fulguris starts up fast with many tabs cause it does not actually load them until you activate them. It's most certainly what FF does too. 

I've logged the following related issues:

https://github.com/Slion/Fulguris/issues/104
https://github.com/Slion/Fulguris/issues/118

I'll certainly be aiming at improving performance overtime even though it is already quite good.
I'm also hoping to start working on that Tabs Session feature soon.

• Like 1
On 12/30/2020 at 11:33 AM, Slion said:

I'm also hoping to start working on that Tabs Session feature soon.

I have a working prototype of that Sessions feature and this is very cool. So damn smooth 😁 If all goes well it should ship with release v1.2 next week at the latest.

On 12/31/2020 at 3:50 PM, brunoais said:

I don't use fulgris but I like the fact there's the choice to use it. I use firefox. I don't even use the PRO¹ yet 😄

What would it take to have you change boat?