Complete silence from Fxtec support

Since about March, Fxtec had been keeping communication with me about my phone repair/replacement (although, only because i kept following up) but two weeks ago I got the following email:

We've allocated a slot for an employee to have a look at your device on Thursday. We will update you on Thursday, and it should hopefully be fixed then.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

They were talking about Thursday 18th of June and since then there's been no communication whatsoever. I tried following up a few times as this used to get me a response, but now I haven't sent anything for 8 days.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Serolfic said:

Since about March, Fxtec had been keeping communication with me about my phone repair/replacement (although, only because i kept following up) but two weeks ago I got the following email

What was wrong with yours?

8 hours ago, Erik said:

We're working on repairs, but there's a lot of stuff piled from the lockdown and your repair is in the queue as many others.

I want to say this week, but I don't want to promise.

Thanks Erik. Appreciate being told something at least.

8 hours ago, Slion said:

What was wrong with yours?

Bulging under the keyboard. Potentially the battery, but I didn't take it apart and fxtec haven't told me anything. They've had my device for about four months, so that should give a decent estimate for how long these things take.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@Serolfic hey , did you get your phone back yet? I'm having a similiar problem where my phone has now been in repair for >6 weeks and nearly 4 weeks ago I got an info from support telling me it would be done in 'two weeks' and since then I haven't heared anything. They aren't responding to my pleas for an update on the situation either.

Edited by SteffenWi
2 hours ago, SteffenWi said:

@Serolfic hey , did you get your phone back yet? I'm having a similiar problem where my phone has now been in repair for >6 weeks and nearly 4 weeks ago I got an info from support telling me it would be done in 'two weeks' and since then I haven't heared anything. They aren't responding to my pleas for an update on the situation either.

Mine was recieved by them mid June and back in the middle of August, when I asked for an update, they also talked about 1-2 weeks. Then 6 weeks later, when I asked again, they said it is queued for service. I sent another mail a week ago, to which I have no answer so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • 2 weeks later...

So let me do the math. Mine were received by FxTec on the 24th of September and the 11th of November. So I would have to add five months 🙈🙉🙊. Hopefully my phone will be back in March. The second one in April? So I can sell that one as new, one year old (replaced by now with a different phone).

I wonder, is my warranty extended for the 9 months it was in for repairs 🤔?

Edited by DieBruine
received date
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, DieBruine said:

So let me do the math. Mine were sent in mid October and start November. So I would have to add five months 🙈🙉🙊. Hopefully my phone will be back in March. The second one in April? So I can sell that one as new, one year old (replaced by now with a different phone).

I wonder, is my warranty extended for the 9 months it was in for repairs 🤔?

Jacob_S DieBruine, Thanks for sharing. Did I understand correctly: these are warranty cases? 6 months for repair? Can you please clarify?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DieBruine said:

So let me do the math. Mine were sent in mid October and start November. So I would have to add five months 🙈🙉🙊. Hopefully my phone will be back in March. The second one in April? So I can sell that one as new, one year old (replaced by now with a different phone).

I wonder, is my warranty extended for the 9 months it was in for repairs 🤔

I assume that further repairs will happen faster as long as there is not another full lockdown in Great Britain.

I just asked for a warranty extension. Let's see what the answer will be. (Even though I think I wouldn't be allowed to share it here.)

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, OKSun said:

Jacob_S DieBruine, Thanks for sharing. Did I understand correctly: these are warranty cases? 6 months for repair? Can you please clarify?

Yes, warranty case. Took 5 months. They had warned me beforehand that it might take longer because of the lockdown, but I didn't expect it to be that long.

• Like 2