Fx tec pouch and other pouchs (no belt clip)

I noticed that the pouch provided by fxtec with the phone is tight (difficult to insert the phone and remove it).

I wanted to hear your experience using it. Does it get better after a few days / weeks?

Did you purchase another pouch?

Thanks

PS

There is a separate thread on belt holster (but I would like a pouch without clip). I do not intend to use case. I know there is another thread on this. 

Edited by OKSun
3 hours ago, belletrist said:

I gave up on the pouch after a few weeks of use. I found it to be to fiddly trying to get the phone out to answer a call.

Me too... Despite not really a fan of flip-cases, I find that the best available solution. That is UNLESS you want to disable/reduce the edge-interaction. In which case two individual protective parts (like this) might be better.

• Thanks 1

This is what I currently use. Handmade and anti-vegetarian/vegan pouch.

But without laugh this is my tobacco pouch, wich do the job, tested with lot of sun and 35°C, quite useful when phone call happens. But I hope one day we could find a better system 😅

DSC_0106.JPG

• Haha 2

Sorry for bad picture quality, but I am sure it is enough for illustration. I made the pouch my way as I am used to use it for ages. It is a simple improvement of the original pouch. Added strip helps pulling of the phone out and also secures it when it is inside ;-) Easy, comfy, cheap.. PERFECT. Can sell you my know how for 3€ :-D :-D :-D :-D2020-08-06-3430.thumb.jpg.ae813dda5b1dafeb61d35513223fdff3.jpg2020-08-06-3431.thumb.jpg.eca0e80da1d5824193f4e3bdaa1347c2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Swond said:

Sorry for bad picture quality, but I am sure it is enough for illustration. I made the pouch my way as I am used to use it for ages. It is a simple improvement of the original pouch. Added strip helps pulling of the phone out and also secures it when it is inside 😉 Easy, comfy, cheap.. PERFECT. Can sell you my know how for 3€ 😄 😄 😄 😄2020-08-06-3430.thumb.jpg.ae813dda5b1dafeb61d35513223fdff3.jpg2020-08-06-3431.thumb.jpg.eca0e80da1d5824193f4e3bdaa1347c2.jpg

Thanks. Yes the strip should have been included on the fxtec original pouch. I had it on previous phones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

I just got a nice phone protector from MediaDevil this week (I found the link here on the forum) : https://mediadevil.com/collections/apple-iphone-7-accessories/products/artisanwallet-wallet-pouch-case?variant=38665797777

I prefer the "wallet" shape to a simple "pouch" because it provides 2 layers of leather on the screen. I don't want to try a drop test but I hope it absorbs more shocks!

The black variant was the only option with "size 4" in stock. Dimensions are good but it's a bit tight to get in/out the phone easily and quickly. I hope the leather will fit better over time...

If @AnyDevil reads this post, I would like to thank you for this awesome "wallet pouch". I still want for a real flip-case with a back plate dedicated to Pro1 and hard leather on the front 😉

_DSC0302_01.jpg

_DSC0303_01.jpg

_DSC0304_02.jpg

Edited by phix
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • 2 weeks later...

The fitBAG does not have a strip and is very soft (not sure how much protection it provides). I like the mediaDevil one.

For the pro2, Fx tec should give the option to purchase a pouch (and then a good quality one); many  prefer a case or a flip case. The fxc pouch received with the phone is a bit of waste unless you have good handycraft skills like Swond.

12 hours ago, OKSun said:

The fitBAG does not have a strip and is very soft (not sure how much protection it provides). I like the mediaDevil one.

For the pro2, Fx tec should give the option to purchase a pouch (and then a good quality one); many  prefer a case or a flip case. The fxc pouch received with the phone is a bit of waste unless you have good handycraft skills like Swond.

Mine went in the pouch once and never again just too fiddly.

Really does need a flip case.

5 hours ago, _DW_ said:

Mine went in the pouch once and never again just too fiddly.

Same here, it's just not convenient enough for quick access (and certainly not on the go like on public transport). Most of us made a DIY flip case from several cases. xD

Edited by Tsunero
  • OKSun changed the title to Fx tec pouch and other pouchs (no belt clip)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 2:37 PM, DieBruine said:

I bought three Snakehive cases and completely forgot to order a pouch for myself  😩.
Vintage_Leather_Belt_Pouch_-_Chestnut_Br

Really annoying, because six months later I actually still want to try it. It's not even that expensive. I just hate the shipping costs 😅.

I Just received my order of the Snakehive flip case and pouch today. I only tried the pouch briefly, just to test for fit and I would say that after a bit of use, it'll be the perfect fit. It's a tight fit but not something that you're left struggling with to get out with two hands.

Edited by belletrist
grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.png.5dcbea726de8e254fe1a6ed59f217bc0.png

based on this, and if size 4 is a bit tight for quick access,, does anyone want to try the honors and try out any of the other cases/pouches for phones from the Size 5 group 😛

we can also look at cases of phones mentioned in Size 4 with the correct camera placements ? ( well, i looked at all from size 4 and we have these three winners)

flip covers or wallet pouch.

https://www.snakehive.com/collections/huawei-p20-pro-cases

https://www.snakehive.com/collections/samsung-galaxy-note-10-leather-cases

https://www.snakehive.com/collections/samsung-galaxy-s20-leather-cases

On 8/7/2020 at 1:14 PM, phix said:

The black variant was the only option with "size 4" in stock. Dimensions are good but it's a bit tight to get in/out the phone easily and quickly. I hope the leather will fit better over time...

pouch with pull tab, or wallet pouch

https://mediadevil.com/collections/apple-iphone-8-plus-accessories/products/artisanpouch-leather-pouch-case-apple-iphone-6-plus?variant=38830833169

https://mediadevil.com/collections/apple-iphone-7-accessories/products/artisanwallet-wallet-pouch-case?variant=6055389265958

Edited by internationaltraitor
  • Like 1