Cracked screen ticket #6975

18 minutes ago, SHiSH said:

Hello, I wrote to support about screen replacement about a week ago but still no answer. Can someone help me with my issue?

Ticket #6975

This is a user forum.  Although @Erik looks in here from time to time, this forum is not an effective way to communicate with F(x) Tec. A week is not a long time not to hear from support.  They are a very small operation.  Hold off a while longer-- sending a new email now may just reset your place in the help queue. 

• Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, SHiSH said:

I have created this topic because I still haven't received reply after waiting for a week.

It's just simple screen replacement order and I don't get why it takes so long

I hope you will receive a reply soon but take attention of not sending them further e-mails as it would put you back to the end of the queue.

What kind of crack you have? Is it a user error like dropping the phone?
I think guarantee-related repairs are prioritized but it should not related to the response time of support.

Anyway, if it is an issue not covered by warranty, it may be faster to order a replacement screen (only screen, not with assembly) from Aliexpress (made for Elephone U Pro) and bring it to a good repair shop for replacement...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, SHiSH said:

I dropped it 😅

Just need replacement, I want assembly it will be easy to replace it

It is still easier to buy a 3rd-party display and replace it by experienced repair personnel.
It is a bit more complicated to change only the screen but it should be easy for experienced personnel.

So if the display frame is in a relatively good condition, it may be a better (much faster) choice.

The assembly can only be supplied by F(x)tec and the question is the availability.
If I remember well, it costs around 150 GBP.

• Thanks 4

Did you receive an answer yet SHiSH? My phone is still @ FxTec and I am still waiting on an answer/RMA for a second device lying here. My son for one gave up on FxTec. First his screen crapped out, now his camera. Still waiting for a response (6 business days ago) what to do with the phone. Yeah send it back, but not without an RMA. Which is why I'm curious if you're also still waiting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I was told in September that there were no screens available, but to check back later to see if they had them in and that they expected them by mid October. I asked again on October 13th, but was told that they still didn't have any, without an expected new arrival date. I then asked again 2 weeks ago, but I haven't gotten any response.

I did also try ordering a replacement screen in August from AliExpress, but the order never left China and I was refunded. I haven't been able to use my phone since August and have been using a cheap replacement in the mean time. The screen crack was my fault, my 2 year old son tossed my phone, I'm totally fine paying for a replacement, it just seems that there's none available. I'd be fine with it if they at least had a date I could expect a replacement, but it's been radio silence.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hm, this is becoming a bit of a problem it seems.

I have 15 replacement screens here, from two different china distributors.

They work - but don't react to taps on the curved edges, which is very weird.
An earlier sample I got from China worked fine - so I guess the hardware has been changed.

The weird thing is: Only taps are affected. If you touch the screen at the edge, it will show no reaction. But if you touch it in the middle and slide to the edge, the edges work fine and accurately (can be tested with the developer settings in Android).

I wonder how this can be... could it be they need a slightly updated touchscreen driver?

It doesn't seem like hardware... or could it?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, EvilDragon said:

The weird thing is: Only taps are affected. If you touch the screen at the edge, it will show no reaction. But if you touch it in the middle and slide to the edge, the edges work fine and accurately (can be tested with the developer settings in Android).

I wonder how this can be... could it be they need a slightly updated touchscreen driver?

I would say that is desirable behavior! 😄  I would guess it is driver related and its been changed.  Maybe someone can confirm on stock?  I no longer have it installed.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, EvilDragon said:

Hm, this is becoming a bit of a problem it seems.

I have 15 replacement screens here, from two different china distributors.

They work - but don't react to taps on the curved edges, which is very weird.
An earlier sample I got from China worked fine - so I guess the hardware has been changed.

It doesn't seem like hardware... or could it?

According to other reports at "Ghost touches and unresponsive area on lower screen" thread the issue can be fixed by reflashing the stock firmware. It is some kind of driver issue. See the posts below.

On 9/17/2020 at 6:25 PM, hka said:

Yeah, they told me it was a driver issue and said that I could send it to them to get it fixed, or they could send instructions so I could fix it myself (with a warning that it would take about 2 hours to perform the fix).

I asked them to send instructions (which they did) but never got around to following them, and after the latest OTA update the issue magically was gone.

So either write to support, or try to just reflash the stock image I guess.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:12 AM, benoitjeffrey said:

I got trough the support instructions, i'm not new to the ADB, root, flashing and custom things but those instruction wasn't an easy one

BUT! it all ended with a complete working touch screen without replacing it again so i'm pretty happy with all this

thanks

• Thanks 1

Oh, interesting information. I'm on LineageOS, so I'll ask if there's a way to fix this without a full reflash by just updating the driver.

What's interesting is that I have multiple screens here. Some work without any issues - and some have exactly that issue. With the same OS.
So it seems there's a different model and they updated the driver later on... hmm..

Thanks for the information :)

On 11/7/2020 at 7:38 PM, benoitjeffrey said:

I had the exactly same problem after replacing my screen, this is a driver issue, just ask fxtec support they will send you the links and the guide how to do it, they won't tell you but this include a complete factory reset so don't forget to backup your things

Do you happen to have the links / information available somewhere?
I'm not sure how fast the team does reply these days :)

On 11/7/2020 at 2:53 PM, _DW_ said:

I would say that is desirable behavior! 😄  I would guess it is driver related and its been changed.  Maybe someone can confirm on stock?  I no longer have it installed.

Haha, I know what you mean 😄
I would agree (and love the margin function on Lineage), however, the margin is WAY too much here, about 7 - 9mm margin.
I can't even properly use the WhatsApp record button anymore 😉

19 hours ago, EvilDragon said:

What's interesting is that I have multiple screens here. Some work without any issues - and some have exactly that issue. With the same OS.
So it seems there's a different model and they updated the driver later on... hmm..

does the screen have any model or revision numbers on it? (its sometime on the circuit board)

Edited by _DW_
On 11/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, EvilDragon said:

Oh, interesting information. I'm on LineageOS, so I'll ask if there's a way to fix this without a full reflash by just updating the driver.

Thanks for the information :)

I had a 24h wait for a complete reply on how to do it at mid september, I don't think it got much worst actually.

I don't think you'll be able to do the driver update without a full reflash because they use a debug OS for this to work.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, benoitjeffrey said:

I had a 24h wait for a complete reply on how to do it at mid september, I don't think it got much worst actually.

I don't think you'll be able to do the driver update without a full reflash because they use a debug OS for this to work.

Well, I did send them my email over a week ago 😄

So yeah... not that fast 😕

But thanks, I'll try the support section as well.

• Confused 1
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Laska said:

It's the same one offered a bit cheaper on Aliexpress.  Both are coming from China, so who knows which is faster.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32883429991.html

Edited by Hook
  • Thanks 1