New (at least to me) Pro1/ Pro1X Repair Videos

I noticed these two videos appeared on the IGG page (at the bottom of a long scroll).  I hadn't seen them before.  One shows replacing the display (although it does it frame and all, not replacing the display in an old frame) and opening up the bottom part to replace the battery. 

Thought they deserved direct links here.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9
  • Hook changed the title to New (at least to me) Pro1/ Pro1X Repair Videos
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

F(x) Tec has now posted a repair guide with links to the above videos (though hard to notice... the active links are in the section titles, not the graphics).  There is a note about further information on the FAQ page which isn't there, so I hope that is something being worked on.

https://store.fxtec.com/fix-your-broken-smartphone-screen/

EDIT: I just now noticed the date on this repair blog page-- March 4th 2021.  I certainly had no idea it was there (so, as the thread title says new to me 😉).  I only discovered it when one of the regulars over on Discord found it. 

Edited by Hook
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
On 10/25/2021 at 3:53 PM, Hook said:

F(x) Tec has now posted a repair guide with links to the above videos (though hard to notice... the active links are in the section titles, not the graphics).  There is a note about further information on the FAQ page which isn't there, so I hope that is something being worked on.

https://store.fxtec.com/fix-your-broken-smartphone-screen/

EDIT: I just now noticed the date on this repair blog page-- March 4th 2021.  I certainly had no idea it was there (so, as the thread title says new to me 😉).  I only discovered it when one of the regulars over on Discord found it.

New to me too. 🙂

Let us tag @Elysia to see if she can find a way to make stuff like this more visible.
If no smarter solution found, a pinned post with links to stuff like this might do the trick.

Maybe the general header on https://www.fxtec.com/ could be added to the community too?
Perhaps even with something smart like the 'Stars' in the community, to indicate if the other 'tabs' have content the logged in user have not (yet) seen?

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, I have replaced the broken screen on fxtec pto1x with compatible one from ellephoe just today, and i'm experiencing a touch problem on the edges. it doesn't register touch in edge areas - both sides - no touch input roughly 5mm from edges. And i know it didn't use to be that way before with the original screen.

Any ideas what the cause might be? Do ellephone screens come that way?

4 hours ago, JBM said:

Hi all, I have replaced the broken screen on fxtec pto1x with compatible one from ellephoe just today, and i'm experiencing a touch problem on the edges. it doesn't register touch in edge areas - both sides - no touch input roughly 5mm from edges. And i know it didn't use to be that way before with the original screen.

Any ideas what the cause might be? Do ellephone screens come that way?

It is a known problem and the known fix is tedious, we got a thread on it, somewhere, will move if/when i find it.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

It is a known problem and the known fix is tedious, we got a thread on it, somewhere, will move if/when i find it.

The thread you are looking for is here:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3204-display-units-with-large-tap-insensitive-margin/page/9/

However, I do not think we had a case of Pro1-X with this problem yet.

For the Pro1, the usual fix was to flash back to the initial stock (Android 9) OS. Not sure it works similarly for the Pro1-X ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

I am trying to replace the battery, but I already broke one plastic prying tool by trying to do so. Any tips?

There are in total 5 screws attached to the bottom cover, right? (Not that I missed one)

[edit] I finally managed to open it, so yes there are 5 screws attached to the bottom cover, and you don't need to press down, you need to find one place where the prying tool fits in the gap between the cover and the rest, and it's more a pulling pressure than a pressing down – for future reference.

Edited by dreamflasher

Okay, next issue: My power and volume buttons don't move back and forth anymore. I don't quite get how they supposed to work, it kinda looks if there are springs missing that push the buttons back? But there weren't any springs or any pieces, I just opened it as shown in the video.

I believe you have the same issue that I ran into.

There is a somewhat thick plastic over those buttons (or tack switches) on the frame behind those buttons, this plastic is adjusting the height so that outside buttons can press on those the tack switches. For me, the black plastic is gone for the both volume buttons and I destroyed the camera button to the point that it is unusable 😞.

I was able to put two layers of electrical tape over these (one layer was enough, but a bit too thin). This hack works, but now I have to press them harder to make them work.

One precaution I can give for others: when separating the bottom part, position the tool anywhere but those buttons and when reassembling, push all buttons outward on the bottom part (they do not have springs) and then reassemble and avoid pressing those buttons doing so.

Just this weekend, I had to disassemble and reassemble it a few times for different reasons.

Hope this helps 🙂.

Edited by foxfreejack
more details.
  • Thanks 4

Happened to me, too, with one of the Pro1's volume buttons and the camera button. Also, I managed to tear the fingerprint reader's connector apart, even though I *had* read warnings about both issues.

Maybe I would have been more careful if the Pro1's disassembly wouldn't have been shown to look like a piece of cake right from the start...

And some parts being prone to break in disassembly are one thing; it wouldn't be as bad as it is if there was an ample supply of spare parts...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @foxfreejack@Rob. S.@SchattengestaIt– I managed to macgyver the buttons back functioning by using the double sided electronic repair tape I used to reattach the display. I doubt we will get new videos from FxTec, but a big warning to everyone who is trying to disassemble/reassemble their phone:

• When removing the bottom cover, make sure to go nowhere near the buttons, else you will destroy them
  • When removing the bottom be careful with he fingerprint connector, one wrong move and you will break the cable
  • When reattaching the bottom cover, make sure to push out all buttons, and start inserting with the side of the buttons, else you will destroy the buttons

Good luck, you will need it.

Edited by dreamflasher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4