Pro1 Just died.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy to be back in Pro1 land again 😁 Just setting it up and installing all the apps I had on the last one.

Well, ain't that fine and dandy? My Pro1 has just died☠️😫. There's no life in it whatsoever, doesn't even pick up the charger cable being plugged in. Looks like an email to Support and hope for t

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2559-factory-restore-tool/   Give this a try, might work out for you   //Per

Posted Images

Just now, MickH said:

Really? I thought that was the laptop's built in WiFi.
So you think it's worth a try?

It's certainly the phone yeah, worth a try. Since it's unable to connect to the device at all on the windows machine I suspect most likely some silly USB issue to be causing that.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, netman said:

It's certainly the phone yeah, worth a try. Since it's unable to connect to the device at all on the windows machine I suspect most likely some silly USB issue to be causing that.

Going to give it a try. Let you know how it goes soon. 👍

• Like 2
11 hours ago, MickH said:

@EskeRahn I should be receiving my voltmeter in the next couple of days. Let you know what my findings are.

No response from FxTec as yet, but I did get a reply from Clove Technologies  asking me to keep them updated on this.

As it can be seen from a computer as in loader mode, I would say that it is very unlikely that it is the USB-port. And as you reported it as 75% shortly before becoming unavailable, I do not think that it is (or at the least not was) depleted.

Why you are not allowed to flash it once it is connected in loader-mode is really beyond me.

My best suggestion would be to follow the advices from others and try from different computers. (And/or with different cables) Especially slightly older computers with a USB-2 and not USB-3 port, as I repeatedly seen this reported as helping others. (general issue, not limited to the Pro1)

And remember that EDL is a one shot, so it needs to be restarted between attempts.

....A completely WILD guess: Does the volume keys feel 'normal' on the Pro1? The reason for this odd question is that I can put mine in loader mode by turning it off, holding both volume keys in, and 'immediately' insert a cable connected to the PC. So if the Pro1 'thinks' the keys are pressed it just might ignore your attempts to press power.... And that might explain why you see it in loader mode connecting

• Thanks 2

@EskeRahnWhen you say about pressing both volume buttons accidentally, when you plug your cable in, I'm wondering if, due to the case not being made for the Pro1 it has put pressure on the buttons and somehow, as I've put it into my pocket the power button got pressed. 🤔

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, MickH said:

about pressing both volume buttons accidentally,

No, that is the way I deliberately can put it in this mode. 😉

My wild guess was if your volume keys (seen from the phone) appeared as being constantly pressed, that might prevent it from ever trying to boot. Pocket lint that crept in could be an issue, so that is why I asked if they felt moving 'normally'.

(And positive sign that it charges with 1A 5V too, that is totally normal, and reduces when above something like 90% charged)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MickH said:

FxTwc4.jpg

I got the very same error under Windows when the flash was unreachable, but to be sure, you may need to debug USB communication.

I have tried it under Linux, but it was clearly visible in Wireshark what happened.
First flasher uploads a binary to the phone, then run it, then xml-like communication starts and that one is shelf-explanation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

🤬 Grrrrr! Thought I had the bugger then. Last night I reinstalled the ADB Driver and put the phone on charge.
Tried another flash just now and the progress bar remained on-screen for a lot longer, and I thought "Ooh...ooh, here we go"

Then a different error popped up again this time. "No such file or directory".

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
8 hours ago, MickH said:

Tried another flash just now and the progress bar remained on-screen for a lot longer, and I thought "Ooh...ooh, here we go"

Try some of the hardware suggestions. Perhaps an old usb-hub nut supporting usb3.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Try some of the hardware suggestions. Perhaps an old usb-hub nut supporting usb3.

I'm actually using an antiquated Dell XPS430/121 from 1997. I'm going to get my more recent PC up and running and have a go with that.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, MickH said:

I'm actually using an antiquated Dell XPS430/121 from 1997. I'm going to get my more recent PC up and running and have a go with that.

Keep my fingers crossed. As some are saying that the loader thing is very picky on the ports and cables, I would not be at all surprised if too old/slow could also posse a problem, as USB2.0 is newer than 1997, so most likely it is USB1.X

• Like 3

You know, I'm damn sure I saw the notification Led flash blue last night, but I could have been mistaken.

The phone is on charge, on my display cabinet, with the keyboard open and I'm sure I saw it from the corner of my eye. I sat and watched it like a hawk for 30 minutes and missed half the TV programme I was watching. 😒

On 12/4/2020 at 10:25 AM, EskeRahn said:

As some are saying that the loader thing is very picky on the ports and cables, [...]

This. That USB connectivity on the loader level is so picky about the partner device is a huge pita - it is however no problem that seems to be limited to the Pro1.

For the records: I found that the only device I can use to reliably flash my Pro1 is my Raspberry Pi3. Both of my oh-so-sophisticated Thinkpads (one with USB2, one with USB3) either do not detect the Pro1 at all or run into random errors during data transfer.

Considering how cheap the Pi3's are, I am thinking about getting a spare one just for the purpose of interfacing with the Pro1. 😄

Edit: @MickH : Good luck with your device. I would not wait forever until I simply contacted F(x)tec for a repair/replacement, though. Have you already?

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2