Jump to content

Pro1 Just died.


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, MickH said:

I can believe you about the USB. I always had issues connecting phones to Windows based PCs

Well, no Windows here. 😎 All my PCs are running Linux (as does the RPi3, obviously). I believe it's the USB hardware that makes the difference, not the OS.

Edited by claude0001
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, ain't that fine and dandy? My Pro1 has just died☠️😫. There's no life in it whatsoever, doesn't even pick up the charger cable being plugged in. Looks like an email to Support and hope for t

have you tried holding the powerbutton for a long time, like basically forever? (30sec or so irl)

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2559-factory-restore-tool/   Give this a try, might work out for you   //Per

Posted Images

2 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Well, no Windows here. 😎 All my PCs are running Linux (as does the RPi3, obviously). I believe it's the USB hardware that makes the difference, not the OS.

Sometimes a specific USB port has another device(s) attached and that may cause problems, so a communication like this is not really likes interrupts of other devices attached.

In my current machine, when I want to use my Saleae logic analyzer, I have to choose the "correct" USB port if I want to use its maximum sample speed. As far as I remember well, using two out of four USB ports, it has problems keeping the sample rate but it works well using other connectors.

The same cause may also be a problem of flashing a Pro1.

So again - in the computer, there are different USB HUBs and there are also internal USB devices.
Some of the computer's USB connectors are shared also with internal components and an attached picky hardware may have problems if you use a shared USB connector of your PC.

That is why it worth trying every ports of a PC or also another PC.

OS is Linux here for simplicity. 🙂

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, VaZso said:

[...] Sometimes a specific USB port has another device(s) attached and that may cause problems, so a communication like this is not really likes interrupts of other devices attached. [...]

Sounds plausible. Of course in a laptop, some internal devices are permanently present on the bus and cannot be easily disconnected. That said, I tried every port available. Both of my Thinkpads have docking stations and it does not work even with the ports on the dock, although they have their own controllers as far as I know. 🤔

Whatever, with the Raspi it works 100% reliably up to now -- good enough for me. I do not have to understand everything.

Edited by claude0001
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 6:31 PM, tdm said:

@MickH silly question since you are on Linux ... have you ensured that nothing else is interfering with the USB port?  ModemManager is a common culprit.

 

I'm not on Linux. Winedoze 10 on both desktops and tablet, then Win 7 on 1 laptop and ZorinOS on another laptop.
I've tried with the Zorin laptop, which basically is another Ubuntu like distro, but there's so much messing about terminal that it was a bit over the top for my old brain.

Hopefully I'll maybe hear something from FxTec some time next week.
Just out of interest though, my Pro 1 has a very low serial No. Would this probably have something to do with some hardware issues that would have been fixed in later models.

Edited by MickH
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MickH said:

I'm not on Linux. Winedoze 10 on both desktops and tablet, then Win 7 on 1 laptop and ZorinOS on another laptop.
I've tried with the Zorin laptop, which basically is another Ubuntu like distro, but there's so much messing about terminal that it was a bit over the top for my old brain.

Hopefully I'll maybe hear something from FxTec some time next week.
Just out of interest though, my Pro 1 has a very low serial No. Would this probably have something to do with some hardware issues that would have been fixed in later models.

Mine is a pre-release model. That shouldn't affect anything for EDL.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MickH said:

Would this probably have something to do with some hardware issues that would have been fixed in later models.

Basically, motherboard is the same or at least that is what I think (otherwise they would have had to redo certifications).
I have a daily driver in the 2X range which works perfectly and another one in the 2XX range which has rattling issue.
The display assembly is slightly different anyway, but it was improved in later models.

However, the former (which I write this message on) had ghost touch issues after around 8 months of use, so I have replaced its screen.

Anyway, flash (UFS) issues may happen independently of the manufacturer... so it may happen but we didn't really hear about it on this forum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if it's getting a bit long winded guys. But I have tried to flash again via the rear USB ports on my PC and I'm now getting this. I might cannibalize the Dell PC for keyboard and mouse to get the newer PC up and running to try that, as it'll be USB 3.

FXTec4.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MickH said:

Sorry if it's getting a bit long winded guys. But I have tried to flash again via the rear USB ports on my PC and I'm now getting this. I might cannibalize the Dell PC for keyboard and mouse to get the newer PC up and running to try that, as it'll be USB 3.

I think you should try to find some USB2. Perhaps a USB2 hub, between your newer pc's USB3 port and the Pro1

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 11:51 PM, EskeRahn said:

I think you should try to find some USB2. Perhaps a USB2 hub, between your newer pc's USB3 port and the Pro1

Don't be too sure about that, for me it is the other way around and I need to use the USB3 port and cable ;)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2020 at 12:51 AM, EskeRahn said:

I think you should try to find some USB2. Perhaps a USB2 hub, between your newer pc's USB3 port and the Pro1

USB debugging (for example using Wireshark) would be the best to tell what the real problem is.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 9:25 AM, _DW_ said:

I only have 1 cable that works reliably my Nintendo Switch controller cable so don't assume its the port.

I'm almost certain it's not the port. I'm not altogether convinced it's a hardware issue at all, but I could be wrong.

I'll probably ask the guys at FxTec to explain what the problem is once they get hold of it. Might give some pointers on what to look out for.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

My phones were delivered on the 24th of September and the 111th of November. One had a probem with USB video out, and only that. The other had a problem with the camera (not working).

Haven't heard shit from these %^&&^T^&^T%R^&.

Just giving you a heads up...

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't had any updates as yet, but given the Christmas break and the fact we're now in total lock down again, there's probably not a great deal going on there at the moment.

I haven't given up though. They've probably tried to contact me but had no luck because my network provider have #%&$€¥ things up and I've been unable to make and receive voice calls for over a month. So that's a potential 2 outfits that could be facing my wrath in 2021.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MickH said:

Haven't had any updates as yet, but given the Christmas break and the fact we're now in total lock down again, there's probably not a great deal going on there at the moment.

I haven't given up though. They've probably tried to contact me but had no luck because my network provider have #%&$€¥ things up and I've been unable to make and receive voice calls for over a month. So that's a potential 2 outfits that could be facing my wrath in 2021.

It's unlikely they will give you any update until the day they are ready to ship it back to you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did send them an email inquiry on 05 Jan to confirm what the post office said, that my Pro 1 had been delivered on 30 Dec.  They answered today with their confirmation, so they are working, even if from home, and tracking things.  I do believe this will take a while and, as Slion suggested, probably won't hear much until they have finished servicing my Pro1.  I don't expect that to happen quickly, especially given and intermittent problem (ghost touches-- dramatic when they happen, but not constant or predictable) and the lockdown, but appreciated the quick confirmation.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 2:54 AM, Hook said:

I did send them an email inquiry on 05 Jan to confirm what the post office said, that my Pro 1..............

So far I've sent 3 emails and contacted them on Twitter, but no reply. I tried calling a phone number that was included in one of the emails they sent me prior to sending the device back, but had to leave a message on the Giff-Gaff voicemail.🤔

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MickH said:

So far I've sent 3 emails and contacted them on Twitter, but no reply. I tried calling a phone number that was included in one of the emails they sent me prior to sending the device back, but had to leave a message on the Giff-Gaff voicemail.🤔

Sit tight, wait three months and try again 😏

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an e-mail a couple of days ago. The UK is in full lockdown, some team-members are in self-isolation. Due to this the company is being tracked by the UK COVID tracing system. So you can imagine the pile up of phones needed to be checked (including another phone of mine sent in only two weeks later). And do not reply to e-mails (reminders) you WILL be pushed back further down the queue if you do so.
My first phone that went in for repairs is shipped back to me. They claim it has been tested and is now in full working order. We'll just have to wait and see. That phone didn't want to display anything via USB C. I will keep you posted. My bad, it was faulty and I will receive a replacement device.

The phone was sent out via UPS, I hate that company (at least in NL). Because of the whole f-ing Brexit I now have to pay additional import fees.

NOTE: the total value used for calculation of all Duty-based fees is 0.00.

Government Charges:
11.55
Brokerage Charges:
13.00
Freight Charges:
0.00
BTW (tax):
2.73

UPS shipping keeps on amazing me. From UK to Germany took 2 weeks, still in Germany as of 15-01-21. Wonder where it will go next.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms