Pro1x with SailfishOS

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following @esialb's thread on Ubuntu Touch, here's one showing that SailfishOS works too: ——— Instructions: - First and foremost, backup your "persist" partition

LXC containers work (with Xsession, but the setup is not as user friendly as it was on Pro1 in 2020😞 Still no luck with Waydroid despite my attempts, but theoretically this shou

Adam helped me to get Waydroid to work!   And shadow.tech works in Waydroid (no sound nor keyboard, though, so it's somewhat limited):   See how

Posted Images

Hi all,

I am late to the party. I didn’t expect to receive this device and it showed up at my door late last week. I am really struggling to install Sailfish on the qx1050. I followed the instructions in the first post of this thread and I can’t get past the “Powered by Android” boot screen. I tried both the March 2023 (Sailfish 4.5) and October 2022 (Sailfish 4.4) releases. I booted to the bootloader, ran the flash.sh script. Each time it states the script has completed successfully but no joy. Can anyone advise me as to what to do?

UPDATE: I figured out what I did wrong.  When I first got the device I tried out Lineage OS.  I flashed it to Lineage for a few days to test it.  When I tried flashing Sailfish using the script above from the LineageOS Recovery it would not boot.  I decided to start from scratch.  I flashed the FxTec stock Android successfully and then tried to flash Sailfish after that.  It worked like a charm.  I wanted to leave this here in case anyone else runs into the same issue as there appears to be limited information regarding this device.

Edited by Demati
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
20 hours ago, Demati said:

Hi all,

I am late to the party. I didn’t expect to receive this device and it showed up at my door late last week. I am really struggling to install Sailfish on the qx1050. I followed the instructions in the first post of this thread and I can’t get past the “Powered by Android” boot screen. I tried both the March 2023 (Sailfish 4.5) and October 2022 (Sailfish 4.4) releases. I booted to the bootloader, ran the flash.sh script. Each time it states the script has completed successfully but no joy. Can anyone advise me as to what to do?

UPDATE: I figured out what I did wrong.  When I first got the device I tried out Lineage OS.  I flashed it to Lineage for a few days to test it.  When I tried flashing Sailfish using the script above from the LineageOS Recovery it would not boot.  I decided to start from scratch.  I flashed the FxTec stock Android successfully and then tried to flash Sailfish after that.  It worked like a charm.  I wanted to leave this here in case anyone else runs into the same issue as there appears to be limited information regarding this device.

How is Sailfish os on this phone? Does everything work OK? Camera/video recording work? Can you run waydroid on it?

2 hours ago, mangled said:

How is Sailfish os on this phone? Does everything work OK? Camera/video recording work? Can you run waydroid on it?

So far I have only had it working for about a day.  I haven't done much with Sailfish other than some tinkering around in the terminal.  It runs smoothly and once you perform some of the tweaks (mentioned in the first post) it feels like it was very much designed for a device like the Pro1-X.  I haven't attempted to run waydroid yet but when I do I'll update how successful (or not) that attempt is.  The Pro1-X is not going to be my daily driver.  I intend to use it as a small personal laptop (browsing, email, media consumption etc.) rather than a phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, Justin said:

Hi All,

So I have finally made some time to expand the /home storage on my Pro1X. Piggz gave me the instructions on discord some weeks ago (and echoed here a few posts above), but they were suitably vague. I will share what I did, though it may or may not be wise to do the same. I bumbled my way through, not carefully considered my way through.

EDIT: I should have noted that this will delete all your /home, so back up anything of importance.

1. On the SFOS install i ran as devel-su "resize2fs /dev/sda13" as per @GoaSkin instructions here.
  2. I had to replace the stock recovery with the ubtouch recovery in order to get adb working. Not sure if this is a problem with my device or a wider problem. Note that Piggz suggested to "flash the userdebug recovery from the 2.7.3 build". I couldn't work out what that meant. So instead flashed the ubtouch recovery.img. That allowed me to use adb as per Piggz instruction. Note well, that I tried to flash back the stock recovery, but I have not been able to. There is an error of some description. So it seems it is probably unwise to do as I have done here. I downloaded the Ubtouch recovery.img from here. And flashed using parts of the instruction here.
  3. Then entering recovery mode on the Pro1X I could enter ADB shell.
  4. I then mounted userdata as suggested with "mount -o rw /dev/block/sda13 /data"
  5. I could then delete conifg.ini
  6. I could edit devices.ini with "busybox vi devices.ini". Piggz has the default size set at 80000. I altered this to 202000, but think you could safely select up to 204800.
  7. I then managed to delete home.img
  8. Finally a reboot.

This has left me with user data storage of 191GB and still a very large amount of space for system data.

Happy to provide further info if anyone else needs its?

Apparently resizing the home.img in this way is ok. Though not necessarily the way I have done it or the size.

@Justindo you have any updated procedures to accomplish this? Step 1 is easy enough but I cannot find the recovery image you are linking to in step 2.

Hi @Demati,
I have given up on the Pro1X and sold it, so no new info, and just a hazy memory of what I did a year and a 1/2 ago!

I can say that in my step (2), if you follow the second link to the instructions, where the first bit of the read me guides “you can download the ready-made artifacts from GitLab: take the latest archive, unpack the artifacts.zip”

So click on the archive link just above here, and it is in this artifacts.zip from the latest job, that you will find the recovery.img (I think from memory - I haven’t downloaded and verified).

Once you have the recovery.img, I guess you have to flash it. Refer to linked instructions, but possibly:

Unlock the device bootloader following the usual unlock procedure (enable Developer mode, turn on "OEM unlocking" option, then reboot to bootloader and execute fastboot flashing unlock)

Reboot to bootloader, format userdata (if switching from Android) and flash recovery.img from the build artifacts, then reboot to fastbootd mode:

fastboot format:ext4 userdata

fastboot --set-active=a

fastboot flash recovery out/recovery.img

fastboot reboot fastboot

It has been a very long time, so I can’t say for sure if this is what I did. And I can’t check over anything now.

I hope this helps and you can work it out.

Good luck,