Fingerprint sensor refreshes Chrome

Not that it is an actual fix, but is a functional workaround: If you use a shell (or flip) case, the chance of accidentally triggering the fingerprint reader is practically eliminated.
(There is a loooong thread on (primarily) DIY cases here, a short summary is that any soft case fitting the Huawei P20 Pro, is likely to be a good base for a Pro1(X) case. I also made my own thread here.

17 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Not that it is an actual fix, but is a functional workaround: If you use a shell (or flip) case, the chance of accidentally triggering the fingerprint reader is practically eliminated.
(There is a loooong thread on (primarily) DIY cases here, a short summary is that any soft case fitting the Huawei P20 Pro, is likely to be a good base for a Pro1(X) case. I also made my own thread here.

Thanks. I've seen a few of your posts floating around. I did intend on getting some kind of case, although the phone was supposed to come with something in the box.

I cannot be the only one who holds their phone in this way and constantly activates the fingerprint sensor. I may end up having to disable it, if that's even possible.

13 minutes ago, cash said:

Thanks. I've seen a few of your posts floating around. I did intend on getting some kind of case, although the phone was supposed to come with something in the box.

I cannot be the only one who holds their phone in this way and constantly activates the fingerprint sensor. I may end up having to disable it, if that's even possible.

Indeed. I struggled with the Pro1 initially, especially holding it in portrait in the left hand (for operating with the right), But as I almost immediately started using shells, and then flip-cases, the problem disappeared.
But without a case it is as aPple would put it: "You are holding it wrong" *LOL* It will simply take a while to getting used to a grip avoiding inadvertently touching the fingerprint-reader.

I'm pretty sure that if you delete all you fingerprints (Setting►Security►Fingerprint) it will effectively be disabled.

The slick design where the fingerprint-reader is almost entirely level with the rest, looks cool, but makes it more prone to inadvertently touches...

• Like 1
12 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I'm pretty sure that if you delete all you fingerprints (Setting►Security►Fingerprint) it will effectively be disabled.

I tried this.  I never even stored a fingerprint, but tried it anyway.  Fingerprint comes up under "Device Security", but then it demands "Choose your backup screen lock method".  Three options:  Fingerprint + Pattern, Fingerprint + PIN, and Fingerprint + Password.

There is no choice to disable the fingerprint sensor entirely.

The problem seems to affect all scrolling apps.  MiXplorer does the same thing when viewing the file list.

I'm about one step away from rooting and using ADB to get the Package Manager to disable anything "fingerprinty" at boot.  Think I'll try Benni's solution first.  

This phone is BIG.  The keyboard alone is as thick as my dying Blackberry Priv. A case would make it ridiculously fat.

• Sad 1

No joy with Benni's suggestion.  Seemed to minimize the issue a bit in Chrome, but it's still there.  No reduction of the problem at all in MiXplorer.

I did get rid of that annoying camera shutter button with the Button Mapper app, though, so there's progress!  I hit the damn thing every time I open the keyboard.  Too bad Button Mapper doesn't control the fingerprint sensor.

• Sad 1
  • 9 months later...