LineageOS 20.0 Official Release for Pro1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@EskeRahn okay, good news - easy fix - slipup on my part when rebasing on the newest common kernel - https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998/+/355481 - pulled the broken

You ever been in an updating mood and think about to hit the "update all" button in the Google Play Store while the OTA update is running? Yeah, don't do that. Sometimes the Play Store updat

(lineage-20.0-20230612-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-202230408_100653)

Posted Images

Installed smoothly using  MindTheGapps 13,  I expect no problems, but have the long rebuilding of my phone (I rebuild new versions from scratch-- probably a being retired thing 😄 )

Edited by Hook
2 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

...official los 20.0 is out 🙂

Split the above from the 19.1 thread
Link for rom: https://download.lineageos.org/pro1

Just attempted a dirty flash from Lin 19.1 MTG12 to 20.0 MTG 13 arm64
(Android security update 2022-12-05)

It boots nicely after a while, so seems to work with all preserved 😄
AND the long lasting keyboard&Accessibility bug (both 18.1 and 19.1) has been fixed, so Greenify and Android Assistant both works again - awesome

• Thanks 3
8 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Nice! Might be time to finally upgrade my old Pro1 that still runs 18.1, now that it is not my daily driver anymore. Do I need to go via 19.1?

If you do a clean install I can not see it should be needed, but if you are going to try a dirty flash without wiping your data, I would go via 19.1.

If you are using a Gapps package, make sure to upgrade that one too.

But make sure to backup important data, and be prepared to need to wipe.

• Thanks 1

There's already an update dated 02 Jan with only these two changes listed....

Changes included in lineage-20.0-20230102-nightly-pro1-signed.zip

Aperture: Keep screen on while in CameraActivity                                          android_packages_apps_Aperture

Aperture: Ask for GPS permissions on first launch and enable if granted             android_packages_apps_Aperture

I'm installing it OTA just to do an OTA test.  Probably just as well to wait for next week's update.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dirty flashed the Jan 02 release yesterday. So far everything is still working. I have a feeling that multi-touch isn't working properly in Mario Kart Tour, though I can properly pinch and zoom my photos in the gallery. Launcher is laggy from time to time - sometimes takes a few seconds to react to any input.

Pebble users have to reinitialize the app to be able to pair their watch again - but that seems to be a general issue when upgrading to Android 13. Spend most of my time yesterday to get this working again.

The SIM pin issue when using two SIMs seems to be fixed. When the screen times out at the SIM1 pin screen it does proceed properly to SIM2 after entering the pin and doesn't get stuck there any longer. Hopefully this also fixes the issue for users with disabled pins.

• Thanks 2

I have found problem with bluetooth vs car stereo (by me VW). Music works fine - from youtube, mp3 etc...but i am unable to connect call. Stereo says call connected, but audio still on phone. When is call ended radio stay saying call connected.

EDIT...maybe solved... Deleted paired device on car stereo, then deleted in phone and then paired on radio again.

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Thanks 1

I need to investigate further, but I am running into another charging issue with LOS 20.  I never really had the issue people reported with LOS 19 which seemed to have gotten fixed towards the end.  This seems a little different. What seems to be going on is that it charges too slowly from my USB 2 hub (which is how I have always charged my Pro 1, leaving it charging over night while I sleep.  Yesterday, when I woke up it was at 74%.  I rebooted and hooked it up and after several hours it actually climbed to 76%.  I then hooked it up to the FxTex wall charger, it showed "Charging rapidly" and it did.  Last night, I hooked it up to my USB 2 hub at 99% and when I woke up this morning it was at 94%.

As long as fast charging works, it;s not too bad, except I don't want to keep subjecting the battery to a fast charge.  I need to test a USB 2.0 wall charger and even test without the magnetic cable and also plugging into a computer USB2 slot instead of the hub to rule out problem with hub or cable.

Just wondering if anyone else with LOS 20 is seeing anything like this (would like it to be me and not LOS 20).

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

EDIT...maybe solved... Deleted paired device on car stereo, then deleted in phone and then paired on radio again.

This has been annoying me since LOS 16. My Pro1 has never properly worked with my Audi MMI and my parents' VW Golf. Will test ASAP.

Edit: Nope. Sadly I still don't get telephone audio though my car stereo.

Edited by Wheeljack
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

This has been annoying me since LOS 16. My Pro1 has never properly worked with my Audi MMI and my parents' VW Golf. Will test ASAP.

Edit: Nope. Sadly I still don't get telephone audio though my car stereo.

hmm interesting. I have in vw caddy mk4 original stereo with navi and all looks fine now. ...was no problem from los 17.1

9 hours ago, Hook said:

I need to investigate further, but I am running into another charging issue with LOS 20.  I never really had the issue people reported with LOS 19 which seemed to have gotten fixed towards the end.  This seems a little different. What seems to be going on is that it charges too slowly from my USB 2 hub (which is how I have always charged my Pro 1, leaving it charging over night while I sleep.  Yesterday, when I woke up it was at 74%.  I rebooted and hooked it up and after several hours it actually climbed to 76%.  I then hooked it up to the FxTex wall charger, it showed "Charging rapidly" and it did.  Last night, I hooked it up to my USB 2 hub at 99% and when I woke up this morning it was at 94%.

As long as fast charging works, it;s not too bad, except I don't want to keep subjecting the battery to a fast charge.  I need to test a USB 2.0 wall charger and even test without the magnetic cable and also plugging into a computer USB2 slot instead of the hub to rule out problem with hub or cable.

Just wondering if anyone else with LOS 20 is seeing anything like this (would like it to be me and not LOS 20).

So, wow, this is even weirder than I thought it would be, but it isn't LOS 20 or the Pro1 itself, so that's a relief.

What was going on, and it seemed to be new behavior coincident with installing LOS 20, was that when I connected my Pro1 to the USB 2.0 hub to charge, the lightning bolt would appear and then it would go off.  So then I tries a 2.0 cable to the wall and it was okay.  Then I tried to a USB 2.0 port on my Linux laptop and the same thing that happened with the hub,  Lightning bolt came on, then went right off.  That's when I remembered that the USB 2.0 hub is connected to my Linux laptop.  So I disconnected the hub (it has it's own power) and  everything worked fine again.

So this is something my Linux laptop is doing.  I only just switched the USB 2,0 hub over to the laptop to use it for charging from my Windows laptop. I never used my Linux laptop for charging before, only for ADB and fastboot because it is sooooo much easier than Windows.  So this might not even be new behavior. Have no idea what is doing it, but now that I have it all sorted, everything is fine.  Disconnect the USB 2.0 hub at night when I use it for charging. 

Sorry I raised this here before doing more thorough testing as it turns out it has nothing to do with LOS 20.  😄

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, CornholioGSM said:

Hmm i mean that new camera app is only reskinned old one. Google camera is still better

Their changelog made it seem like maybe it was special... I guess not eh?

[quote]ohmagoditfinallyhappened - LineageOS now has an awesome new camera app called Aperture! It is based on Google’s (mostly) awesome CameraX library and provides a much closer “to stock” camera app experience on many devices. Massive kudos to developers SebaUbuntu, LuK1337, and luca020400 who developed this initially, designer Vazguard, and to the entire team for working to integrate it into LineageOS and adapt it to our massive array of supported devices![/quote]

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Craig said:

Their changelog made it seem like maybe it was special... I guess not eh?

[quote]ohmagoditfinallyhappened - LineageOS now has an awesome new camera app called Aperture! It is based on Google’s (mostly) awesome CameraX library and provides a much closer “to stock” camera app experience on many devices. Massive kudos to developers SebaUbuntu, LuK1337, and luca020400 who developed this initially, designer Vazguard, and to the entire team for working to integrate it into LineageOS and adapt it to our massive array of supported devices![/quote]

Yeah, not really impressed with it.  For my money, Open Camera is best on the Pro1, although there are some good Gcam versions, I won't argue with that.

• Thanks 1

Btw...i have interesting problem with headphones buttons. From los 19.1 update from around september i am unable to use play/pause button. I can ff/rew without problem....but centre button isnt working...it works only for double/triple click. Is here way how to edit buttons functions?

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This might be a stupid question but how usable is LineageOS 20 in this early state? I'm currently running on LOS 18.1 (2022-03-14) and considering downgrading it to LOS 17.1 since it was the most stable version, I had almost no bugs and Magisk with its hide features worked well (it doesn't with Android 11). The display lighting got better though with LOS 18.1.

Should I upgrade to 19.1 or even 20.0? Is it relatively stable and usable?

16 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

This might be a stupid question but how usable is LineageOS 20 in this early state? I'm currently running on LOS 18.1 (2022-03-14) and considering downgrading it to LOS 17.1 since it was the most stable version, I had almost no bugs and Magisk with its hide features worked well (it doesn't with Android 11). The display lighting got better though with LOS 18.1.

Should I upgrade to 19.1 or even 20.0? Is it relatively stable and usable?

LineageOS 20 is stable and usable on the Pro1, but I don't use Magisk. Please report any bugs you might find by following the instructions on the LineageOS Wiki. FWIW, I never liked Android 11 much either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1