Is fxtec communicating?

Hi,

I'd like to check if there someone who has received any answer from fxtec recently. I've sent them several emails during almost the whole last year without any answer.

Thanks

i had quite some email exchange with somebody called Francisco at Fxtec end of july last year (2023) when i had to replace (a second time) the OLED screen on my Fxtec Pro1.  so that all went fine for me, in that matter at least.

• Like 1

From past experience, Fxtec's email answering is highly erratic. Sometimes they answer, sometimes they don't. If they do, sometimes they answer fairly quickly, sometimes it takes time, sometimes a lot. Fact is, they're not well, they don't even seem to be able to bring up the necessary funds for shipping the phones they didn´t ship yet even though they got them back from the previous shipping company with which they had trouble (and which itself, as it seems, has gone out of business in the meantime). 

• Thanks 1

I've received this today from Francisco, on my request about updates:

As you may know, shipping has resumed quite recently from the new warehouse so be sure to check your email inbox for further info and tracking details.

I don't know how I was supposed to know shipping resumed in any fashion, but, indeed, they do sometimes reply to mails.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Nikolai said:

I don't know how I was supposed to know shipping resumed in any fashion, but, indeed, they do sometimes reply to mails.

Maybe October is consider recently, 'only' being three months ago, in the perspective of several years... 😇

I have not heard anything on that they should have been resumed shipping since, but certainly good news if it is the case. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Maybe October is consider recently, 'only' being three months ago, in the perspective of several years... 😇

I have not heard anything on that they should have been resumed shipping since, but certainly good news if it is the case. ☺️

Maybe there is a January update coming up, which Francisco thought has been already published.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, sequestris said:

Has anyone other than "Francisco" ever responded to anyone?

From what I can tell (I don't have inside information), Francisco handles all communications concerning trouble tickets.  That doesn't necessarily mean he is working to solve all the trouble tickets or that he makes all the decisions concerning trouble tickets, but he is the one doing the communication.  There will tend not to be responses for email inquiries about what is happening as only IGG updates, as infrequent as they are lately, are used for such information.

Both Casey and Francisco have communicated on trouble-shooting matters in Discord, but not as often as they used to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, marmistrz said:

I got an e-mail from them on Feb 19, I'm trying to get some replacement parts for my Pro1. So they're still alive.

Next time you talk to them could you kindly remind them their finance department still owes me a Pro¹X refund 😅

• Sad 1

For what it's worth, on asking whether I might still get my phone, I was told they were currently confirming users' addresses in order to resume further shipping... And there was a hint towards more updates appearing on IGG at some point.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 4

We just had @Casey react in another thread, so they are not completely inactive. I would not hold my breath for anyone receiving a pro1x nor for an update any more though - but I hope they prove me wrong...

• Sad 1
  • 4 months later...

I send yesterday a request because my FXTEC 1 plus was not starting (empty battery).
I received the cellphone one week ago.
Today i received an email with the hint to recharge the phone with a rubber band (it worked!), and my question for the spare screen and the spare battery i ordered was also answered: After all devices are shipped.
Just like a real company!
Very sad the Phone is now already out of fashion.
Hopefully there will be a new try to make a real state of the art slider again... call me insane, but i will order again!

• Like 6
On 7/19/2024 at 1:21 PM, Rth said:

I send yesterday a request because my FXTEC 1 plus was not starting (empty battery).
I received the cellphone one week ago.
Today i received an email with the hint to recharge the phone with a rubber band (it worked!), and my question for the spare screen and the spare battery i ordered was also answered: After all devices are shipped.
Just like a real company!
Very sad the Phone is now already out of fashion.
Hopefully there will be a new try to make a real state of the art slider again... call me insane, but i will order again!

Same to me, just received it few weeks ago. Also had this battery drain issue solved with the entry:

With the support of some members like @EskeRahn and @Hook I was able to establish a new ROM (they are delivered with stock android no matter what you ordered) without utilizing Google and made the installation using an old Windows 7 (offline):

It was quite some effort getting though all of that and the phone is already showing signs of defect (USB plug loose).

But anyway. I did wait for this phone so long and I love the slider idea.
If there would be a Pro 2X I would right away order it.
The backing thought is pretty easy:
If you want something special, you know its not casual and simple and there will be downsides. But you accept them as you want that for a specific reason and that's worth something, right ?
That's not insane I guess, just passionate.

Fortunately, it seems they are finally on track with delivering lately as the IGG comments contain a lot of happy messages on receiving devices lately.

And people stopped constantly flaming FxTec on IGG finally.

Btw. (no commercial, I swear) if you are in alternative phones, repairable phones, Google free phones, data secure phones or just green/organic/recycling phones, the fairphone idea is also worth a try. Got one for my wife. She's pretty happy with it and it it's quite handy on customizing too.
Still I would go the hard way for a Pro 2X again
😆.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, JJB said:

Btw. (no commercial, I swear) if you are in alternative phones, repairable phones, Google free phones, data secure phones or just green/organic/recycling phones, the fairphone idea is also worth a try. Got one for my wife. She's pretty happy with it and it it's quite handy on customizing too.
Still I would go the hard way for a Pro 2X again
😆.

If there were no other typing friendly alternatives whatsoever, like the cheap Titan Slim or one of the expensive new folders if must be, Fairphone would definitely be where I'd go. Five years warranty and software updates alone would be a strong reason to support them... For an older phone, they even did their security updates themselves after the chip manufacturer stopped delivering them. 

• Like 2

Fairphone similar to FxTec also offers several OS for your device (and they preinstall for you). The surprising part is how easy it is do disassemble the whole thing as it was meant to do so.
In the end Fairphone is what Pro 1X should be, just missing the keyboard.

And it has this really big screen. Maybe we should ask them to add a slider too. 🤔

• Like 1