Leaked photos of Pro2 prototype

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The title is a lie and plain clickbait, but let's have a laugh while we wait :).

Leaked - Exclusive sleeve for the earliest pre-orders.  

The next update video came faster than expected, wow.

Posted Images

On 2/20/2020 at 6:39 PM, netman said:

I just learned this has been done:

I yesterday got the old SCH-U750 aka Zeal aka Alias 2. Very interesting.

There are little movement of each key, but to my surprise it looks like the e-ink move with the key, so it is not just a transparent mat on top of a common e-ink display, But it looks like it is 42 individual matrix e-ink displays!

And a warning to @abielins: The below is AFTER a thorough cleaning attempt. You do NOT want to know how it looked before. I believe it might have been an entire eco-system....

R1091248.JPG

R1091248_crop.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

But it looks like it is 42 individual matrix e-ink displays!

Though there is a common rubber mat over everything, and clicking VERY close to a border with a nail, can click the neighbouring key also.

Tried to lift up the separator grid with a nail and hold it with a toothpick:

R1091252_Crop.jpg

So optical illusion that the e-ink moves with the key...

• Thanks 2

A cheaper (and I think still usable) alternative would be a touchscreen (e-ink ot not) and a real 3d screen protector with the grid between the virtual keys: you can feel the position of the keys and get the feedback through vibration. One could try this with the LG G8X (If there is enough space between the screen for a "relief rubber mat").

• Like 1

Pro T9 looks nice. Vertical/T9 sliders are even more rare than qwerty sliders, in the ongoing race for larger and larger mobile phone displays. It's quite difficult to find a 4G (will have to start looking into 5G soon) phone that can fit into, say, pocket-watch pocket of jeans. Or any front pocket of jeans, for that matter, without falling out, or being snapped in half during cycling. And preferably nice and silver-metal-looking, not black or plastic-y (to be fair, Pro1 is not plastic-y). And lady-oriented, fashionable, instead of just a rectangle.

Thank you. Best wishes.

22 hours ago, holter said:

A cheaper (and I think still usable) alternative would be a touchscreen (e-ink ot not) and a real 3d screen protector with the grid between the virtual keys: you can feel the position of the keys and get the feedback through vibration. One could try this with the LG G8X (If there is enough space between the screen for a "relief rubber mat").

With lots of work you could do it yourself. Take a strong transparent tape and cut out the keys that show on the touchscreen (you could scan those and it should work fine. Try after a few keys to see if it works out.

I could imagine this with a Galaxy Fold having the advantage that you could still use the full screen (although I don't know what it would be good for). But I'm not paying $2000 to try out my theory...

50 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

With lots of work you could do it yourself. Take a strong transparent tape and cut out the keys that show on the touchscreen (you could scan those and it should work fine. Try after a few keys to see if it works out.

I could imagine this with a Galaxy Fold having the advantage that you could still use the full screen (although I don't know what it would be good for). But I'm not paying $2000 to try out my theory...

Tactus Technology actually showed this kind of implementation few years ago. There were "bubbles" on the touch screen surface. I don't know what happened to that technology since I haven't seen that later.

Imagine that technology with Galaxy Fold. However, I would still pick up Pro1 anytime because of slider.

GPAIvEJvHgOat7IcrMYJ3Qqj-lkoo2zuvc3RZifr

• Like 2