[Guide] PRO1, Restore to stock firmware using Fastboot method

5 hours ago, david said:

But from your previous comment, are you saying that when yo pick "Recovery mode" from the bootloader menu or run "adb reboot recovery", that you aren't presented with a Recovery mode?  It just says "No Command"?

Recovery mode is like the Windows Recovery Partition on bigger computers......no techie ever uses them, as they're just a brain-dead way for weenies to make SOMETHING work again when they get too loused with crapware. This is a phone targeted to the technical, who look upon such foolishness as a waste of space. :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[This is a temporary page while we setting up the support page guild and host files on our server.] The Fastboot restoration file can be downloaded in here.  ADD: A newer file for 20200825 c

We already have the source code required to build our own alternative ROMs. The kernel source is on GitHub, as well as a device tree for LineageOS. This may still be at a pre-release level of reliabil

With some hex editor magic we can get a sneak peak of the boot screen, it's beautiful :).

Posted Images

4 hours ago, silversolver said:

Recovery mode is like the Windows Recovery Partition on bigger computers......no techie ever uses them, as they're just a brain-dead way for weenies to make SOMETHING work again when they get too loused with crapware. This is a phone targeted to the technical, who look upon such foolishness as a waste of space. :)

I'm not sure if you are talking about Windows partitioning in most of that or the Recovery mode in Android, but techies want the Recovery mode in Android to do lower level things and get out of non-boot situations.

• Like 1

@zurvan2, just to make sure I understood, you haven't found a way to get out of the pin issue even when completely reflashing from scratch? Since you seem to be stuck anyway, it might be worth trying the SFOS port. It would tell us if the issue is with Android or the flashing, and it may be a way to make your phone functional. Of course it's an alpha port, but it works and perhaps you'll like the OS (if it even boots).

I know @zurvan2 isn't using TWRP, but I'm wondering if the problem he ran into isn't some version to this old problem (I ran into it flashing my old Nexus 6p).  I don't know-- I'm not that deeply technical, but it sounds like a similar result.

https://www.howtogeek.com/240657/how-to-fix-pin-errors-after-restoring-from-twrp-android-backups/

Edited by Hook

I did try TWRP, but it has very little functionality at the moment. It did not prompt for a password, for example.

I am *not* stuck at the moment. I bit the bullet and completely wiped. I was also able to root -> use phone -> unroot -> Apply OTA -> root again without losing data, which is what I really wanted. I am not likely to experiment further while that is still true. The process of getting everything working just takes too long.

• Thanks 3
4 hours ago, zurvan2 said:

I did try TWRP, but it has very little functionality at the moment. It did not prompt for a password, for example.

I am *not* stuck at the moment. I bit the bullet and completely wiped. I was also able to root -> use phone -> unroot -> Apply OTA -> root again without losing data, which is what I really wanted. I am not likely to experiment further while that is still true. The process of getting everything working just takes too long.

That's why I'll use mine as a tablet for a bit before my phone, in order to be able to tweak and fiddle with impunity because there's no data to lose. :)

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hm.. I tried flashing, but it says:

target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot_b' (65536 KB)...
OKAY [  2.088s]
writing 'boot_b'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)
finished. total time: 2.089s
remoteadmin@base:/mnt/storage/Temp/QX1000_user_20191028191838_0a493a1_Fastboot$

So .. I cannot flash? I am stuck in bootloader and I cannot chose to unlock it (I know the pattern). Any help here is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, divstar said:

Hm.. I tried flashing, but it says:

target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot_b' (65536 KB)...
OKAY [  2.088s]
writing 'boot_b'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed in Lock State)
finished. total time: 2.089s
remoteadmin@base:/mnt/storage/Temp/QX1000_user_20191028191838_0a493a1_Fastboot$

So .. I cannot flash? I am stuck in bootloader and I cannot chose to unlock it (I know the pattern). Any help here is greatly appreciated.

I believe unlock in this case means unlocking the bootloader, not the pattern lock.

fastboot flashing unlock

Would be the command to do that, but be aware this will irrevocably delete userdata (installed apps and anything like photos and documents stored on the internal storage).

Thank you for your reply! But it does not work, because "Flashing Unlock is not allowed".

What I really want is to boot back into the regular image... I suspect the last regular update to have broken my phone and thus it does not enter anything except the bootloader no matter what I chose there...

Edit: of course I'd love to keep my data, but if it isn't possible, I would rather get the phone back to work instead of just being sad. If it means losing the data, I am in. Though I don't really want to flash anything - I didn't want to in the first place. I was on regular stock ROM and happy with it.

Edited by divstar
Just now, divstar said:

Thank you for your reply! But it does not work, because "Flashing Unlock is not allowed".

What I really want is to boot back into the regular image... I suspect the last regular update to have broken my phone and thus it does not enter anything except the bootloader no matter what I chose there...

Hmm I wonder why unlock is not allowed... Hopefully someone knows. I think the reason it does not allow to flash is probably because of locked bootloader in combination with the images being older than what is on the phone. There's also a factory restore tool from @tdm but i would be cautious about trying it until someone wiser than me comments, as I'm concerned the rollback protection could mean succeeding to write an older image would do more harm than good.

1 hour ago, divstar said:

Edit: of course I'd love to keep my data, but if it isn't possible, I would rather get the phone back to work instead of just being sad. If it means losing the data, I am in. Though I don't really want to flash anything - I didn't want to in the first place. I was on regular stock ROM and happy with it.

Try my factory restore tool first.  If you cannot get that to work, send me a PM and I can try to help you fix it.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, netman said:

Hmm I wonder why unlock is not allowed... Hopefully someone knows. I think the reason it does not allow to flash is probably because of locked bootloader in combination with the images being older than what is on the phone. There's also a factory restore tool from @tdm but i would be cautious about trying it until someone wiser than me comments, as I'm concerned the rollback protection could mean succeeding to write an older image would do more harm than good.

I'm not sure exactly where rollback protection data is stored, but I have never run into issues with it.  If we do, I guess I can figure it out.  But I try to keep the latest images available.  Currently my latest is 20200707, as I haven't gotten a copy of the most recent update yet.

• Like 1

@tdm thank you very much for your work and replies!

Sadly I cannot get http://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/factory.html to work. I am not entirely sure why.

Since my Windows 10 Laptop relies on a hub and USB3, I decided to go with my Ubuntu Server-PC.

The following command works and I am able to "reboot" the device - to no avail though:

[sudo] Passwort für remoteadmin:
dc4648e9        fastboot

However, Q Flash Tool does not see a device attached even though I ran it with elevated permissions:

grafik.thumb.png.3eb71c2027ce4b7ff11f566a6f384299.png

Also,

adb devices

does not show a device. I suppose that's because I am locked in the bootloader and no matter what I pick there, I always end up at the same screen after a brief image of the FxTec-Pro1-logo.

20 minutes ago, divstar said:

Sadly I cannot get http://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/factory.html to work. I am not entirely sure why.

From other posts, it should be rather picky on port, driver and cables. So try changing, perhaps using a hub.

For another flashing tool I made this initial quide

1) The Pro1 must be unplugged
2) Power off the Pro1
3) Connect a usb-cable to the PC but NOT the Po1
4) Hold both volume keys while 'immediately' inserting the usb-plug

2 minutes ago, divstar said:

@EskeRahn do you think it's even possible while my phone is stuck in that bootloader screen? After all only "fastboot devices" shows devices - while "adb devices" does not...

Yes, it is one step 'deeper' as I understand it, but @tdm is MUCH more knowledgeable on this...

@divstar when you are in EDL mode, it is completely different than adb or fastboot.  Neither of those will detect a device.  You can run "lsusb" to see the device.  It will be something like Qualcomm GOBI modem or such with vid/pid = 05c6:9008.

And yes, @EskeRahn is correct, EDL is much picker about your USB setup than adb or fastboot.  You may need to try different combinations of ports and cables to find one that works.  I've found older hardware, particularly USB 2 (not 3), generally works better.  Some people report that putting a low speed hub between the host and the phone works.

@tdm:

I have tried "lsusb" on my Ubuntu set up.

It says:

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 248a:8363
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0951:16da Kingston Technology
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04f3:249f Elan Microelectronics Corp.
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 18d1:d00d Google Inc.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

"Bus 003 Device 004: ID 18d1:d00d Google Inc." is the device and judging by the fact, that 2.0 root hub is on 003:001, I'd say it's attached to a USB2.0-hub. Unfortunately Q Flash Tool still does not recognize the device.

5 minutes ago, divstar said:

@tdm:

I have tried "lsusb" on my Ubuntu set up.

It says:

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 248a:8363
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0951:16da Kingston Technology
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04f3:249f Elan Microelectronics Corp.
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 18d1:d00d Google Inc.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

"Bus 003 Device 004: ID 18d1:d00d Google Inc." is the device and judging by the fact, that 2.0 root hub is on 003:001, I'd say it's attached to a USB2.0-hub. Unfortunately Q Flash Tool still does not recognize the device.

18d1:d00d is fastboot mode.

05c6:9008 is edl mode.

There is no problem with the flash tool.  It has worked for many people, including myself.  The only reason it will not work is that edl mode is very picky about hardware.  All I can say is keep trying with different combinations of hosts, cables, and hubs.

Keep in mind, this is not an official FxTec tool.  If you absolutely cannot get it to work, FxTec support may be able to help.

@tdm: I will try a couple of combinations, but is it generally possible for it to become an EDL connection within the following screen at all?:

20200609_201605.jpg

I ask, because I am stuck and no matter what I chose, I always end up in this screen.

Edit: I tried running lsusb each time I rebooted into a different mode ("boot to QMMI", "boot to FFME", "recovery mode") - the fastmode is pretty much the only mode I currently have :x . I don't even know how I ended up with it - I did not even attempt to flash anything...

Edited by divstar
Just now, divstar said:

@tdm: I will try a couple of combinations, but is it generally possible for it to become an EDL connection within the following screen at all?:

20200609_201605.jpg

I ask, because I am stuck and no matter what I chose, I always end up in this screen.

That is the fastboot screen.  It is entirely different from EDL.  See my instructions on how to enter EDL mode:

http://files.nwwn.com/android/pro1/factory.html

Since you are able to get to the fastboot screen, the key combination (method 3) should work.

3 minutes ago, divstar said:

20200609_201605.jpg

Oh, I just realized ... since you are able to get to fastboot, why not just use the fastboot method to restore your device?  Did you already try that?

• EskeRahn changed the title to [Guide] PRO1, Restore to stock firmware using Fastboot method