[Guide] PRO1, Restore to stock firmware using Fastboot method

I have encountered an issue, my phone won't stay on fastboot mode, as soon as I send the first fastboot command (regardless if it's a "fastboot devices" or any other command the phone exits fastboot, shows the fxtec logo together with a small text in the upper left corner telling me that the any key will preform a reboot.  Just pushing one of the volume buttona it reboots back to LOS. 

Any ideas on this?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[This is a temporary page while we setting up the support page guild and host files on our server.] The Fastboot restoration file can be downloaded in here.  ADD: A newer file for 20200825 c

We already have the source code required to build our own alternative ROMs. The kernel source is on GitHub, as well as a device tree for LineageOS. This may still be at a pre-release level of reliabil

With some hex editor magic we can get a sneak peak of the boot screen, it's beautiful :).

Posted Images

10 hours ago, pebert said:

I have encountered an issue, my phone won't stay on fastboot mode, as soon as I send the first fastboot command (regardless if it's a "fastboot devices" or any other command the phone exits fastboot, shows the fxtec logo together with a small text in the upper left corner telling me that the any key will preform a reboot.  Just pushing one of the volume buttona it reboots back to LOS. 

Any ideas on this?

The usual guesses would be PC, pc-usb-Port, Cable or port on the Pro1.
After upgrade to new PC last fall never got flashing to work well, and fastboot acts oddly too.

• Sad 1

That's so Microsoft, I guess a Windows phone doesn't have any issues.

Will give it a try from my Linux machine instead, even though I'm sceptical that it will work, I'm running a Dell enterprise server, and that USB implementation/driver is a little bit "one of a kind"

//Per

• Like 1
5 hours ago, pebert said:

Interesting reading, Maybe the easiest way is to boot from my previous harddrive with windows 10 then. 

Well at the least try that first, and if that works, you know the problem is at the PC side.

Fastboot flashing procedure went flawless under win10. Unfortunately the phone got stuck in a boot loop, changed the active slot, but still didn't boot. 

Did a EDM flash instead, so now the phone boots up as it should on stock software. 

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to [Guide] PRO1, Restore to stock firmware using Fastboot method
  • 1 year later...
On 9/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, divstar said:

Alright: so in order to repair it - sort-of - I had to use a certain package. After that I was able to do "fastboot set_active a" and reboot - AND it started booting again.

I've still got another problem: somehow the touchscreen of the display does not work at all (hardware keys do though - don't ask me why). I'm gonna research more and since this won't be my daily driver anymore, I might as well just try SailfishOS or the likes. Anyhow: a massive thank you to @tdm and @EskeRahn - wouldn't be able to make it even this far without you!

What was the package you used? I'm having this same issue...