Unboxing Pics (Taketyon)

5 hours ago, TeZtdevice said:

The screen protector is curved (not glass).

To be more precise it is a film that can curve,

it it is not shaped curved like some plastic protectors are. This one is flat when you unpack it. I did not apply it, but from what I can see it will cover the full display.

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Noob said:

(6) Those small cutouts are trivial when you see them in person, not worth worrying about at all.

(7) Interestingly, the phone automatically turned on when I plugged in the charger so it doesn't seem to charge it while turned off.  I'm not sure how that works if the phone's charge gets to zero, normally I need to charge the phone a couple of minutes before I can turn it on else it will die while starting up.

(8)  Woohoo, FM radio 🙂

(9)  What's QX1000?

on 6, yup, and surprisingly also better on the real thing than my "Final Sample" - so not so final after all. *LOL*

on 7. This is a known bug. 😥 If you try to power off the Pro1 while plugged in it restarts.

on 8. yup, the automatic alternative frequency scan setting does not work well in Denmark, it temporarily mutes the sound. So I turned that off

on 9, Internal code name. My GUESS is that they in some regions/areas were not allowed to call it Pro1 - could be conflicting with what someone else has registered??

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

on 9, Internal code name. My GUESS is that they in some regions/areas were not allowed to call it Pro1 - could be conflicting with what someone else has registered??

I'd suspect that is the case.  Another reason is misunderstanding of the term.

12 hours ago, TeZtdevice said:

The screen protector is curved (not glass).

Really?  It looks completely flat in the pictures.  Is it formed in a curve, or does it just wrap around the curves of the screen?

6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

To be more precise it is a film that can curve,

it it is not shaped curved like some plastic protectors are. This one is flat when you unpack it. I did not apply it, but from what I can see it will cover the full display.

Ah, okay.  Thanks for the clarification.  Just looking at it, does it seem like it is better or worse than the ones you (and I) bought from China?

6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

on 7. This is a known bug. 😥 If you try to power off the Pro1 while plugged in it restarts.

Have you tried plugging it in when the battery is at 0%?  Does it allow it to start, or does it use so much power on starting that it sucks the battery down and you get stuck in a loop?  This could be exacerbated by plugging it into a slower charger (like a USB port on a computer).

25 minutes ago, david said:

Ah, okay.  Thanks for the clarification.  Just looking at it, does it seem like it is better or worse than the ones you (and I) bought from China?

Well frankly I just applied the one I knew worked immediately, before doing any examination of the one provided.  Applied it before even touching the screen...

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well frankly I just applied the one I knew worked immediately, before doing any examination of the one provided.  Applied it before even touching the screen...

Yeah, I just meant whether you could tell from feeling the plastic whether it looks better or worse for protection and for clarity.

24 minutes ago, david said:

Have you tried plugging it in when the battery is at 0%?  Does it allow it to start, or does it use so much power on starting that it sucks the battery down and you get stuck in a loop?  This could be exacerbated by plugging it into a slower charger (like a USB port on a computer).

Nope, never let it drain so deep that it turned itself off. But purely academicaly, there is an 'issue' if you only have a very poor power source (much less than a pc USB port) offering less power than the Pro1 uses booting.
But It should be fixable by using the supplied QC3 adapter that has 18W output, and there is not a chance in H.. that it will use that much during boot - so a VERY academic 'issue'.

1 minute ago, david said:

Yeah, I just meant whether you could tell from feeling the plastic whether it looks better or worse for protection and for clarity.

Well not really as it is mounted on something, and I do not want to remove it from that until I one day might want to use it.

The combined thing feels stiff, but I have no idea if it is a thick protector with a paper thin adhesive protection, or a thin film on a piece of 'cardboard'. So Better ask one of those that has applied it.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Well not really as it is mounted on something, and I do not want to remove it from that until I one day might want to use it.

The combined thing feels stiff, but I have no idea if it is a thick protector with a paper thin adhesive protection, or a thin film on a piece of 'cardboard'. So Better ask one of those that has applied it.

I have the same issue with an Anker power supply max. 2.4A per port (Anker 24W 2-Port USB)

• Confused 1
25 minutes ago, TeZtdevice said:

I have the same issue with an Anker power supply max. 2.4A per port (Anker 24W 2-Port USB)

I think you were replying to the wrong comment *LOL*. But the charging while off issue seems to be for any source, including PC-data connection.

• Haha 3

Some custom ROMS for Photon Q had the cannot-charge-while-off bug.  And yep, I got my battery low enough I couldn't complete boot.  And because it powers itself back on after shutdown (when plugged in), it'd just sit there almost finish booting and then reboot, forever.  No quick charge back then, although I did try various chargers (from 300mA to 2.4A), tried charging in fastboot or twrp, etc, nothing worked.  In the end I had to pull the battery and charge with bench power supply.

As I don't want to take apart my Pro1 anytime soon, I certainly hope you're right that quickcharge is good enough to get out of that state on Pro1 until they resolve the issue.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I think you were replying to the wrong comment *LOL*. But the charging while off issue seems to be for any source, including PC-data connection.

Also for many devices. I have had a number of Droid devices which would reboot instead of power off when plugged in, and also would not boot (even enough to charge!) if the battery was below a certain level and the power cord didn't give it what it needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/19/2019 at 11:19 PM, Noob said:

(9)  What's QX1000?

In my experience with motorola smartphones, they use similar model numbers.  For example Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE model number is XT897 and Moto Z² Force is XT1789, but rarely to people refer to them by model number.  Then there's codenames too, asanti and nash respectively, usually seen in software images etc.

So, QX1000 being the model number for F(x)Tec Pro¹ seems typical kinda thing to me.  And T5 some kinda codename.

Edited by Craig
typos and added thought
Just now, Craig said:

In my experience with motorola smartphones, they use similar model numbers.  For example Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE model number is XT897 and Moto Z² Force is XT1789, but rarely to people prefer to them by model number.  Then there's codenames too, asanti and nash respectively, usually seen in software images etc.

So, QX1000 being the model number for F(x)Tec Pro¹ seems typical kinda thing to me.

Maybe it IS the Droid 5 :D.

33 minutes ago, damion said:

It's running pie?  I assumed it would have Android 10.  It seems that's only been out 2.5 months but still, it's releasing a version behind from the outset.

I'm running 7.1 on my Droid 4. Before I hijacked that ROM onto it 4.1 and the Priv I tried briefly and still have because no one wants to buy it is on 7.0 so......this is still a giant leap for keyboardkind. The physical keyboard options existant other than Pro1 are all much more dated than 9.0.

Personally, think they did it right. Perfect the hardware, not focus on the next shiny thing in OSes, release now with 9, get their manufacturing stream going great guns so the orders can flow freely, and THEN focus on making a 10 update that is as "practically perfect in every way" as the hardware sounds. Believe me, we didn't need them waiting to release the device until they had their 10 ROM ready. 😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, damion said:

It's running pie?  I assumed it would have Android 10.  It seems that's only been out 2.5 months but still, it's releasing a version behind from the outset.

I prefer them working on custom builds (or improving their compatibility) instead of trying to provide the quickest updates of a stock system. Most of us will flash a new rom anyways. But I've read somewhere that they are working on Android 10.

Also, don't forget that the device was planned to be shipped in mid-september, before Android 10 was published.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, damion said:

1 hour ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I prefer them working on custom builds (or improving their compatibility) instead of trying to provide the quickest updates of a stock system. Most of us will flash a new rom anyways. But I've read somewhere that they are working on Android 10.

Also, don't forget that the device was planned to be shipped in mid-september, before Android 10 was published.

And please don't forget that even without any significant customizations, producing a rom on a new android version for a particular device represents a very significant development effort. Something that google has been getting a lot of stick for over the years, yet pretty much nothing has changed in that matter.

2 hours ago, Krzysieq said:

And please don't forget that even without any significant customizations, producing a rom on a new android version for a particular device represents a very significant development effort. Something that google has been getting a lot of stick for over the years, yet pretty much nothing has changed in that matter.

Well they HAVE made project Treble that should ease upgrades. If I do not remember wrong, any phone launching with Pie HAS to provide Treble, so that should ease the upgrade to 10 significantly.

• Like 1
On 11/22/2019 at 7:35 AM, Craig said:

In my experience with motorola smartphones, they use similar model numbers.  For example Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE model number is XT897 and Moto Z² Force is XT1789, but rarely to people refer to them by model number.  Then there's codenames too, asanti and nash respectively, usually seen in software images etc.

So, QX1000 being the model number for F(x)Tec Pro¹ seems typical kinda thing to me.  And T5 some kinda codename.

Yeah that makes sense.  Now that I think about it, they did originally refer to it as the Q device. 🙂

• Like 1