Apps that runs well with the unique design of Fxtec Pro1

In this thread, we'd like to invite everyone to share your experience with the apps you found useful, or particularly suitable for Fxtec Pro1. This could be (but not limit to) having extra functions by supporting physical keyboard; supporting landscape interface with a good way, etc. 

Please provide the reasons, and the source of app (if other than Google Play).

Disclaimer: All the apps listed here are not affiliated with FX Technology with any aspect, unless stated. All point of view of team FX, or users are based on their personal views and experience with the app on Fxtec Pro1 and unrelated with the app developer and publisher, unless stated.

I will start with some essentials:

Google Wallpaper: (Google Play)

Google Wallpaper has a much better support on landscape than the default wallpaper function from QuickStep launcher. With Google Wallpaper, if you select when the device is under landscape orientation (Such as when the slider is out), the actual desktop wallpaper will be under landscape, and portrait one will be scrollable crop of landscape. With the default wallpaper, landscape will only be the top crop of portrait and lost definition. (Due to the code restriction of QuickStep Launcher, we will improve it in the future.) 

Swiftkey (Google Play)

With default input method (Gboard) when switching to hardware keyboard, auto correction and suggestion is lost. (This is due to Google not us not implementing it) Therefore if you keen to have auto-correction and suggestions under hardware keyboard, you can use Swiftkey. However, with Swiftkey the desktop short-cut launching app function will be lost for now. 

Screen Orientation Pro (by HDM Team, Google Play)

Under default setup, apps and interface will turn to landscape when slider is opened. However if the app only supports portrait mode, it will remain portrait. With Screen Orientation Pro, user can define each app behaviour and force some portrait-only apps to turn to landscape. Not all apps fully work under this app, but it would be useful to have when user prefers having keyboard out / use in landscape at all time.

MX Player

Video player that supports controls with physical keyboard. Can use space bar to pause/resume, left/right arrow to rewind/skip for 10s, up/down arrow to vol up/down. Good work with keyboard if you have offline videos to show.

Any apps you thought that takes advantage of the Pro1 design, please share here. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
3 hours ago, FBela said:

Termux

The best terminal emulator. Works very well in landscape mode with a hardware keyboard (I use it daily on Gemini PDA) . If the screen pin is on, it is like a Linux notebook 🙂

This phone being aimed primarily at geeks of all kinds, I will propose another terminal emulator - Juice SSH. As soon as I buy & get the Pro1 I will make sure to compare both, but I've been a real fan of Juice thus far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, kashif said:

Windows 10 Desktop

Best works in landscape more with a hardware keyboard. Connect Bt mouse and it will stimulate windows very well.

Easily create shortcuts on desktop, file manager etc. Just makes it feels like how we use PC

Where is this app located?

5 hours ago, kashif said:

RD Client

Remote desktop app that really works well with hardware keyboard.

6 inch screen in landscape mode is good enough to remotely connect and use your PC

Where is this app located?

1 hour ago, kashif said:

Windows 10 Desktop

You can get it from google play, just search for that name

I did.  There isn't one by that name.  There are some launchers that have Windows in the name, but nothing called "Windows 10 Desktop".

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, david said:

I did.  There isn't one by that name.  There are some launchers that have Windows in the name, but nothing called "Windows 10 Desktop".

Yeh i cant find it either anymore, i got it from play a while ago but it seems to be no longer there.

there are some other similar ones i can see there but haven't tested any of them.

the one i have been using, screenshot below:

If you want i can send you the apk of this app

Screenshot_20191119-123641_Windows 10 Desktop.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
20 hours ago, Waxberry said:

Swiftkey (Google Play)

With default input method (Gboard) when switching to hardware keyboard, auto correction and suggestion is lost. (This is due to Google not us not implementing it) Therefore if you keen to have auto-correction and suggestions under hardware keyboard, you can use Swiftkey. However, with Swiftkey the desktop short-cut launching app function will be lost for now.

Some of us consider a HW keyboard that doesn't auto-correct you a feature rather than a bug :P.

I would go ahead and add for those of you who game on older consoles

MyBoy (Google Play)

A Gameboy Advance emulator for all of those gameboy-compatible games you totally made yourself, works very well with a landscape screen and hardware keys. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fastemulator.gba&hl=en_US

When it comes to remote access to Windows, my favorite is Parsec. It is aimed at gaming, but that doesn't mean it can't be used for other purposes.  I admit, I have not touched RDP based stuff in a good while, but unless they stepped up a ton, Parsec offers a way smoother and lower latency experience. In the local network it's very close to sitting in front of the screen itself. In my experience it's also a tad bit better in latency compared to similar technology, such as Steam Link.
It does support hardware keyboard/mouse/gamepad input from the Android client, so it would be a good fit for the Pro1 I think.

What I'm not sure of is if it's still the best choice over mobile data (well, you can control bandwidth used by lowering quality)... I'd think twice about doing full video remote access other my limited mobile data either way, though.

• Like 3