USA Pro1 Waiting Room

Just purchased my Pro1 earlier this week. Looking forward to it coming when it comes. 

I long since gave up on owning any QWERTY phones since Blackberry dropped the ball. My current phone works fine and I can wait a little bit longer.

If anything, the only mistake was opening up this forum before you guys started shipping the devices. You're selling a device to hella rabid power user nerds, what did you expect?    😛              

Keep up the good work FXTEC Team! 

Edited by D1ggs
  • Like 4
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It makes it more convenient to type the European dialect of english currently being implemented as the official language for the EU:

Captains log: I can't remember what day it is.  It's been so long since the last time I've used a QWERTY keyboard.  The slabs have taken over every country, it's terrible, all those innocent people ha

Posted Images

2 hours ago, D1ggs said:

Just purchased my Pro1 earlier this week. Looking forward to it coming when it comes. 

I long since gave up on owning any QWERTY phones since Blackberry dropped the ball. My current phone works fine and I can wait a little bit longer.

If anything, the only mistake was opening up this forum before you guys started shipping the devices. You're selling a device to hella rabid power user nerds, what did you expect?    😛              

Keep up the good work FXTEC Team! 

Here we are: the people who ordered late; back of the line, paying full price. We'll all get it eventually. Welcome to the future Pro1 lovers' club. :)

• Like 4
2 hours ago, silversolver said:

Here we are: the people who ordered late; back of the line, paying full price. We'll all get it eventually. Welcome to the future Pro1 lovers' club. :)

I'd rather pay full price for a later batch than a slightly cheaper first batch to be on the bleeding edge.

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Not worth playing that game anymore. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, D1ggs said:

I'd rather pay full price for a later batch than a slightly cheaper first batch to be on the bleeding edge.

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Not worth playing that game anymore. 

Haha, there is definitely something to be said for not getting the first few devices in a run while they're still learning how to do it. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Picture is somewhat inaccurate.  The phone needs to be replaced with an N900 or a Droid, more people need to be added (a bunch more), and I have a feeling everyone should be holding or using physical keyboard phones (and as such aren't in any real rush since we are all still very productive 😀).

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, Polaris said:

Picture is somewhat inaccurate.  The phone needs to be replaced with an N900 or a Droid, more people need to be added (a bunch more), and I have a feeling everyone should be holding or using physical keyboard phones (and as such aren't in any real rush since we are all still very productive 😀).

But keanu is in the third batch and his n900 USB connector has just broken 😢 His friend was lucky IGG backer and just received.

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, KingOfTerrible said:

NJ, USA here.  Waiting for many months, just like many others.  Just saw a note about having to pay customs import fees, that doesn't sound fun and likely expensive.

Old saying, anything worth having is worth paying more for.....or was it something else LOL....

Certainly I agree with your statement, but it is what it is. I'm certainly not going to let customs stand between me and the best new phone EVER! :)

2 hours ago, divstar said:

Germany here, paid a few months ago - just when it went from 650euro (2 days before I ordered) to full price (736euro). The wait is the same, guess I just wasn't lucky enough...

QWERTZ-layout btw.

So help me out , QWERTZ what's the deal? 

Is it faster to type on? Who swapped the keys and why?

11 minutes ago, D1ggs said:

It makes it more convenient to type the European dialect of english currently being implemented as the official language for the EU:
image.png.008e4abbb3da27655e6924552fffcab6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

So if you optimise English, it becomes sort of Swedish?

Yeah, it is fun to see how these simplifications makes the common roots of Nordic, German, Dutch and English stand out. But why not go back to the original "Thorn" Þ rather than Z for "Th" ?

5 hours ago, D1ggs said:

But on a more serious note , the reason for it that many languaages that uses A-Z have additional national letters that are usually on the right of the A-Z block, So if you want to use a national standard keyout, the qwertZ wil have a few misprints, but using the shifted qwertY will require you to memorize totally new positions for them.

So while the shifted qwertY might be fine for writing proper English or the US or other pidgin variants, it is suboptimal for the rest of the world.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

So if you optimise English, it becomes sort of Swedish?

Sort of German; this is at least 20 years old, as I remember seeing it in the 90s. The joke is that since German lost, the German advocates were going to make everyone spell English with a thick German accent. :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Yeah, it is fun to see how these simplifications makes the common roots of Nordic, German, Dutch and English stand out. But why not go back to the original "Thorn" Þ rather than Z for "Th" ?

Because it hasn't been on a typewriter since 1367? ROFL!

Actually thorn was substituted with Y for awhile, hence the signs such as "Ye olde Inn". It was never meant to be pronounced 'ye,' but rather was just a vaguely visually similar substitute spelling since thorn was falling out of common usage. It was pronounced 'the' just as today; of course, many people today do not know the medaeval spelling rules, and some who do read it incorrectly on purpose for comedic effect, like that skit where a child was reading from a Bible with long s (which looks a lot like f) and butchering it.

• Haha 1