Can't charge anymore?

Hey,

So I was charging my phone last night and today morning it was at 100%. Now I am back at home and at 48% and wanted to recharge it, but neither charging (tried it with 3 different chargers) nor connecting it to my PC works.

Did anyone of you had the same issues?

I don't think that I changed anything since today in the morning. Anyone an idea what might have happened? I am scared to finish all of my battery so I can try anything.

Of course I tried restarting it. Didn't changed anything.

And I tried different adapters. The only thing I haven't tried is the original charger, which I will tomorrow morning, as I have it at work.

But normally the Pro1 should start once I plug it in, right? Even that does not work.
Did anyone else had the same problem?

First put in aeroplane mode, to prolong the stamina.

Then put in in fastboot mode and from a pc execute

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

Turn it off, and see if it charges correctly. Try different cables also, not just different adapters.

(If this flag is not set, it turns the phone back on when power is applied)

See also e.g. this

I accidentally had a Pro1 depleted beyond the point of turning it on in about 100h, but as the above flag was earlier set, it did start charging (charge icon only)

After about a quarter of charging I booted it, and it is just now charging and powered on.

4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I accidentally had a Pro1 depleted beyond the point of turning it on in about 100h

Ah ha!  So the prophecy came true! :-)

Edited by david
  • Haha 1

Tried different cables. Different chargers. No change.

My battery is at 37% right now.

Is there a tutorial how to put it in fastboot mode?

I saw that you have to install adb? On the pc? Am I right? But then how do I connect it to my device? As it isn't recognized when I plug it in the PC?

Is there a simple possibility to test if my usb pin is damaged?

It does really sound like a bad USB port... Did any other issues occur that you noticed like software keyboard always coming when a textbox is selected or not working atall, or microphone not working atall? (the board that has the USB connector also has the hall sensor to know whether the keyboard is open or not and a microphone)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, adidas88 said:

Tried different cables. Different chargers. No change.

My battery is at 37% right now.

Is there a tutorial how to put it in fastboot mode?

I saw that you have to install adb? On the pc? Am I right? But then how do I connect it to my device? As it isn't recognized when I plug it in the PC?

Is there a simple possibility to test if my usb pin is damaged?

Oh! Thought it was the charging 'only' that did not work. Sorry.

As @netman said, the port could be the issue. But also try to simply blow into the port. With a little luck it is merely pocket lint in the plug. Also try with good light and a magnifying glass (or a macro camera) to look into the port and see if you find anything that looks like it should not be there.

But still make sure to select Aeroplane mode, so it drains slower while looking for a fix.

Recently had an issue with charging, using two different Aukey chargers one with QC support, another without. Will post pictures later. 

Though I could not reproduce it every time, I managed to take photo's during one of the issue occurence. 

Phone was charging with 5.00V and 0.02-0.08A. On screen it appeared charging slowly, estimated time for full charge 1 day 17 hours. Battery was about 14%.

Did not manage to reproduce using stock charger. 

34 minutes ago, ncvb said:

Phone was charging with 5.00V and 0.02-0.08A. On screen it appeared charging slowly, estimated time for full charge 1 day 17 hours. Battery was about 14%.

You should quickly buy stock in Aukey, before @EskeRahn buy's all their ultra ultra slow chargers. 🙂

• Haha 6
7 hours ago, netman said:

It does really sound like a bad USB port... Did any other issues occur that you noticed like software keyboard always coming when a textbox is selected or not working atall, or microphone not working atall? (the board that has the USB connector also has the hall sensor to know whether the keyboard is open or not and a microphone)

I agree.

I don't have my pro1 yet, so I can only guess, but as you said the USB-port is on its own circuit board. Maybe @adidas88

just needs to check if that  is still connected to the main circuit board of the pro1.  Maybe it just became loose.

Edited by Shilor
3 minutes ago, Shilor said:

I don't have my pro1 yet, so I can only guess, but as you said the USB-port is on its own circuit board. Maybe @adidas88

just needs to check if that  is still connected to the main circuit board of the pro1.  Maybe it just became loose.

That's why i'm asking about the mic and hall sensor (aka keyboard open/closed sensor), those connect trough the same cable. The same board also routes signal to an antenna (for wifi if i remember correctly) but for that it connects to the mainboard via a different cable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, br0die said:

For me, charging only works on the charger included.

All the other chargers in my house, work for about 30 seconds, then stop charging.

Odd, though I have seen some cheap ones from ebay not working well either. (Other cheap ones works fine both slow and quick chargers)

The two Quick-charge 2.0 chargers I tried did not work optimal, so could be a pattern?

38 minutes ago, br0die said:

These were not cheap, they were proper Samsung ones. But they are all fast charge ones. Are there compatibility issues with that tech?

I don't know, I just assumed that it was because mine were cheap ones that they had issues.

Doesn't seem like that. But I have noticed with other phones, fast charging sometimes isn't supported or doesn't work, which causes even a fast charger to charge the phone slowly. Pro1 does support fast charging, but perhaps some other software bug causes the patchy compatibility?

@adidas88 if you connect the phone to a PC, does the PC recognize the Pro1? Does the Pro1 recognize the USB connection? Several years ago I had a friend whose phone would connect to other devices and we could even connect via adb or pull files from it but it wouldn't charge, no matter what we tried.

In the end it had to be sent in and he got a new phone (apparently it wasn't just the battery being defective but also (parts of) the board?)

Edited by SteffenWi
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, br0die said:

These were not cheap, they were proper Samsung ones. But they are all fast charge ones. Are there compatibility issues with that tech?

Samsung's fast charging technology is different than qualcomm's quick charge.  I would have expected it to still charge, just not as fast.  I have a number of chargers here I can test and report back.

• Thanks 1