On 11/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, Maplesteel said:

Well peeps, guess who apparently volunteered their precious Pro1 & screen case to be tested? Me. Happy Cyber Monday?

4 foot drop from counter to tiled floor. 3D printed screen case is caput, broke in half due to the impact. But even though it cost it it's life, the case fulfilled its function of limiting damage to the screen to the bare minimum, which in this case is the bottom-left edge of the Pro1's screen fingerprint protector got peeled about 2 cm out of place. No other damage.

Since the bumper case is damaged beyond repair AFAIK, I'm ordering this universal bumper case to try out per this post from the main case thread by @mv, but if it doesn't fit as nicely as the 3D printed case, I'm going to only be using it long enough until I can get another @LIMA special on order.

IMG_20201130_084322-edit.thumb.jpg.4b319e4ca0350128dd304ad68c51f94b.jpg

So this universal band looks good and starts good, but over the past few weeks it has started to slip off every so often, and is a pain to but back on in place such that it doesn't slide right back off. I've ordered another Lima case, this one out of NLA nylon (and has the thin band upgrade), even if I have to keep a stockroom full of these cases, they are better than the slipping off rubber case!

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys.  Just wanted share the case I printed out for my wife.  She wanted a functional opening case that would protect her phone and won't fly off when it opens.  After many attempts I was able to

Hello, again. I also made a bumper case 🙂 It helps me to avoid touching screen edges by accident. I also noticed that I could hold Pro1 securely because FDM printed layer lines work to prevent

Hi, I just wanted to share my simple back cover here :) You can download STL and F3D files from Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4617029  

Posted Images

On 1/17/2021 at 10:44 AM, Maplesteel said:

So this universal band looks good and starts good, but over the past few weeks it has started to slip off every so often, and is a pain to but back on in place such that it doesn't slide right back off. I've ordered another Lima case, this one out of NLA nylon (and has the thin band upgrade), even if I have to keep a stockroom full of these cases, they are better than the slipping off rubber case!

So the new ones came in and are loose-ish. I may try to figure out how to measure the length of what the inner band should be versus what it is. Not sure if CraftCloud calibrates all their 3d printers the same, but I suspect that if the model were scaled down a percentage or two it would fit more snugly.

• 2 weeks later...

There is an other one but this kit is the best one you can have actually. 

In the 3d printing world there is some difference between every printer so it's pretty hard to get a perfect fit for these, some report them too large, too tight and some lucky one find it perfect. 

The best way for now is to find a friend that want to print one half for you to test and adjust it afterwards, at least they will all come from the same printer so less sizing problem 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

@LIMAthank you very much for sharing the case and the f3d sources! You're totally awesome!

Did you think about adding a slideable camera cover similar to the one good ol' N900 had to protect the camera? This will definitely be tricky to design, but if one can 3D print a flexirex, this should also be possible.

Do you think FDM/PLA or SLA/resin would be better for that case?

On 4/9/2020 at 7:22 AM, EskeRahn said:

The obvious drawback of a flipcase is that the screen is not visible closed, so maybe the optimal flipcase would be one where the flip-part was not made of (faux) leather but a sheet of transparent material, like TPU. I guess that would be super easy to print, only leaving the issue of having the magnets included. Is it possible to print in steps? a flat trasparent layer, then manually put the magnets on the two small opposite flaps, then print another layer around the magnets, and finally a thin layer more? The inner layer should leave two weakened lines, where the cover bends. Optimally then continue to print the case grapping the lower half.

I really wish someone would try making something similar to the below flip case in one piece of elastic transparent material. I guess the tough part would be to get the tiny magnets inside the construction (they can be bought for trifles on e.g. ebay BTW)

IMG_20210301_093510~01.jpg

I did the print but the design came from someone else. It still needs a few tweaks before it's ready. I don't mind printing it for anyone who's interested but I'm from Aus so the shipping cost will be something to consider. I only have the one color atm but I'm thinking of getting black as well.

As for how it suits the Pro1? It's already replaced my snakehive case. I like the extra grip it provides while keeping to near the original size.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, belletrist said:

I don't mind printing it for anyone who's interested but I'm from Aus so the shipping cost will be something to consider.

I'm certainly tempted, but seen from Europe indeed it could end quite expensive with shipping and taxes on top of the cost of materials and your time.

Do you have an estimate on what you would sell them for (excl shipping and taxes)

I printed the design by @LIMA on a Prusa i3 MK3, 0.1mm layer and the case was too small (there's 0.6mm of difference). I'll share my adjustments when I find them right. 🙂

IMG_20210311_091701.thumb.jpg.2176a4203731ff8d40d56cdb3d275934.jpg

Btw. @LIMA do you accept donations? I really appreciate the fact that you share your designs including sources.

• Like 2

Here's a top half for SailfishOS edge swipes. Looser than the Lineage build but still holds onto the screen.

The bottom half is getting closer. The holes have now been tapered to allow for successful presses, FP reads. All that's left is to align the USB and the headphone jack.

@MaplesteelI have paypal.

mms-20210312.jpg

Edited by belletrist
Updated info on the looseness of the fit
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, marmistrz said:

If it's a modified design, which design is it based on?

Well, it was based on @LIMA plus inspiration from keyhanig as he aimed to make a tpu case not a rigid pla case, and finally some minor modifications to make it hold one to the top/bottom halves, lastly some changes were made to allow sailfish users to swipe from the edge. So i guess the credit goes to @LIMA and @Keyhanig for making this possible

• Like 2
On 3/14/2021 at 11:35 AM, ubuntuscofield said:

Well, it was based on @LIMA plus inspiration from keyhanig as he aimed to make a tpu case not a rigid pla case, and finally some minor modifications to make it hold one to the top/bottom halves, lastly some changes were made to allow sailfish users to swipe from the edge. So i guess the credit goes to @LIMA and @Keyhanig for making this possible

Could you please share the files, so that I could print it myself? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...