• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys.  Just wanted share the case I printed out for my wife.  She wanted a functional opening case that would protect her phone and won't fly off when it opens.  After many attempts I was able to

Hello, again. I also made a bumper case 🙂 It helps me to avoid touching screen edges by accident. I also noticed that I could hold Pro1 securely because FDM printed layer lines work to prevent

Hi, I just wanted to share my simple back cover here :) You can download STL and F3D files from Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4617029  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, belletrist said:

The case in black.

20210411_165503_edit.jpg

Wow, just looked at the photo thinking in a thread of phones with keyboard attachment and thought what a good looking phone attached to a good separate keyboard in a flip case... 😄

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 12:23 PM, ubuntuscofield said:

Would you mind sharing the sources? I have issues with the shape of the headphones holes, which is partially covering the mini jack socket, and I'd like to tinker with it and try to fix it myself. Thanks!

I'll upload my photos in a while btw.

Edited by marmistrz
On 5/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, marmistrz said:

Would you mind sharing the sources? I have issues with the shape of the headphones holes, which is partially covering the mini jack socket, and I'd like to tinker with it and try to fix it myself. Thanks!

I'll upload my photos in a while btw.

Sources? 

It looks like bottom v4 already contains the fix that I wanted to do. I'll print it within several weeks and report.

Meanwhile, these are the photos of my previous print. Because the mini-jack socket was partially covered by the case, I used some pliers to cut out the covering surface. Another thing that didn't go quite well is the upper part of the bottom case - I only used supports on the build plate and I should've also used them inside, so the upper rim is a little frayed - but it holds well enough.

The case was also battle-tested for the first time, the phone once fell screen down onto asphalt from about 30 centimeters and survived unscathed.

Thanks @ubuntuscofield! Do you accept donations?

IMG_20210520_173306.jpg

IMG_20210520_173333.jpg

IMG_20210520_173353.jpg

IMG_20210520_174054.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 12:45 PM, marmistrz said:

It looks like bottom v4 already contains the fix that I wanted to do. I'll print it within several weeks and report.

Meanwhile, these are the photos of my previous print. Because the mini-jack socket was partially covered by the case, I used some pliers to cut out the covering surface. Another thing that didn't go quite well is the upper part of the bottom case - I only used supports on the build plate and I should've also used them inside, so the upper rim is a little frayed - but it holds well enough.

The case was also battle-tested for the first time, the phone once fell screen down onto asphalt from about 30 centimeters and survived unscathed.

Thanks @ubuntuscofield! Do you accept donations?

IMG_20210520_173306.jpg

IMG_20210520_173333.jpg

IMG_20210520_173353.jpg

IMG_20210520_174054.jpg

Mmh never had anyone offer one before, im not against it, id appreciate the gesture too if you are willing to donate..

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2021 at 8:49 AM, belletrist said:

The case in black.

20210411_165503_edit.jpg

Just received my case from a 3d printing company in UK. It was printed as PLA-(FDM) as that still came to about £40 for two as theres a minimum order limit.   I was going to be charged about £15 just to print 1 top and another £15 for 1 bottom if I did it in TPU. I used ubuntuscofield may20 designs but I cant get the phone into the case it seems brittle and really does not look like it fits. See pictures. Has it been printed wrong or does it need a lot of force to put in? I cant seem to get it in at all.

P1040394.JPG

P1040395.JPG

Well I cannot get the top or bottom of this case to fit my phone. 

I purchased the two different top versions.

One of the corners of the top has the internal part filled in the full top design, and its not filled in in the cut out top design. but neither of the tops fit so thats not the problem.

Is there a recommended way to try to put it on eg from a certain corner etc. while phone is fully open or paritally?

I am thinknig the printing company has made a mistake, are there any recommended companies in UK to get this done. It is quite annoying to spend £40 to get a case printed and it not fit, when it works for you?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, tomb said:

Well I cannot get the top or bottom of this case to fit my phone. 

Guessing here: Could it be that the case was intended to be printed in a rather elastic material, and that would make it easier to put it on?

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Guessing here: Could it be that the case was intended to be printed in a rather elastic material, and that would make it easier to put it on?

I am not familiar with 3D printing but sometimes some adjustments are also made in the slicer which may also needed to do some compensation between different 3D printers...

• Thanks 1
On 8/17/2021 at 10:08 PM, tomb said:

Just received my case from a 3d printing company in UK. It was printed as PLA-(FDM) as that still came to about £40 for two as theres a minimum order limit.   I was going to be charged about £15 just to print 1 top and another £15 for 1 bottom if I did it in TPU. I used ubuntuscofield may20 designs but I cant get the phone into the case it seems brittle and really does not look like it fits. See pictures. Has it been printed wrong or does it need a lot of force to put in? I cant seem to get it in at all.

P1040394.JPG

P1040395.JPG

Unfortunately it does need to be printed in TPU. PLA is to rigid for this type of phone case.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, belletrist said:

FYI. The USB port is higher up on the Pro1X.  A case designed for the Pro1 wont suit it unless it's a full cutout to the edge. I'll update my model shortly.

AH! That explains it! I made several cases for the org. Pro1, in various colours, and they did not fit the Pro1X well around the USB, and I thought I had cut it wrong... *LOL*

But a good thing they raised it slightly, as not all plugs fitted well on the org. Pro1, especially round magnetic charging plugs were slightly too big. I will have too see if I gave them away or have them around somewhere, to check if they fit the Pro1X

I've updated my models to support the new Pro1X. I've also added a small lip around the edges to match up with the bevel on the two halves. This does not interfere with the phone when closed as they sit just below the surface.

Both halves now fit firmly against the phone with no movement when opening or closing. I would imagine they would survive a drop as well. (Not tested).

https://www.printables.com/model/267403-fxtec-pro1x-case

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3