• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys.  Just wanted share the case I printed out for my wife.  She wanted a functional opening case that would protect her phone and won't fly off when it opens.  After many attempts I was able to

Hello, again. I also made a bumper case 🙂 It helps me to avoid touching screen edges by accident. I also noticed that I could hold Pro1 securely because FDM printed layer lines work to prevent

Hi, I just wanted to share my simple back cover here :) You can download STL and F3D files from Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4617029  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, belletrist said:

Attached the printed case to a snakehive case with T7000. seems to work well.

Allow me to suggest you to make the flip the other way round. Feels odd for westerners with a 'Japanese' book at first, but it works really well with the flap under the display, rather than dangling in front of the keyboard.

See e.g. this. If you find a way to integrate the magnet in the shell, it would become even better.

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Allow me to suggest you to make the flip the other way round. Feels odd for westerners with a 'Japanese' book at first, but it works really well with the flap under the display, rather than dangling in front of the keyboard.

See e.g. this. If you find a way to integrate the magnet in the shell, it would become even better.

While I do agree with you, it's the unfortunate position of the camera cutout that was the deciding factor.

14 minutes ago, belletrist said:

While I do agree with you, it's the unfortunate position of the camera cutout that was the deciding factor.

Ah Indeed, One could make a new hole.
The case I'm using is only glued to half the shell, so by the rotation I get protection of the camera, at the price of needing to push the flap away, to get it free of the camera. But I much prefer that the camera is protected (as is the button side)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 6:45 PM, belletrist said:

I've updated my models to support the new Pro1X. I've also added a small lip around the edges to match up with the bevel on the two halves. This does not interfere with the phone when closed as they sit just below the surface.

Both halves now fit firmly against the phone with no movement when opening or closing. I would imagine they would survive a drop as well. (Not tested).

https://www.printables.com/model/267403-fxtec-pro1x-case

Thanks so much for those models, my Pro1-X is finally ready to rock!

Printed in 150 microns by a local 3D printing service in Montréal named Web3DPrinting, great folks!

P1000806.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have no experience in 3d printing, but think one of these for the Pro1X with the SFOS logo would be great. I have had a look at on demand 3d printers in Australia, but haven't seen anyone printing with PETG as recommended.

Does anyone know where I could get one printed?

Thanks so much,

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I have no experience in 3d printing, but think one of these for the Pro1X with the SFOS logo would be great. I have had a look at on demand 3d printers in Australia, but haven't seen anyone printing with PETG as recommended.

Does anyone know where I could get one printed?

Thanks so much,

I have already included a model with the fxtec and sfos logos.

I'm from Aus, I'll send you a pm.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, belletrist said:

I have already included a model with the fxtec and sfos logos.

I'm from Aus, I'll send you a pm.

What do you think about providing two variants of the print, one with the headphone jack covered and the other one uncovered? For me the availability of the headphone jack is quite important, even if it comes at the expense of the grip.'

/edit: ah, I didn't realize that the new design isn't a a TPU-first design. This might change a lot. I really love the TPU case

Edited by marmistrz

I was initially designing with TPU in mind but it's easier to prototype in PETG. My main concern about TPU and my design is the lip around both halves isn't that big. I'll have to test it again.

I will reintroduce the headphone jack as it possibly would be ok in PETG. I'll upload a new model shortly.

Personaaly I don't mind the PETG feel, it reminds me of my Otterbox case I had for my N900.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/29/2022 at 6:17 AM, belletrist said:

I've just uploaded a new case with a cutout for the headphone jack. I would suggest printing in PETG to provide the extra stability.

https://www.printables.com/model/267403-fxtec-pro1x-case

Looks like you've done exactly what I've been searching for! Once the 'X' eventually gets the updates to make it useable, I'll B ordering from an online printing service - thank you! 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

I've updated the model to include a thicker version that works well with TPU. I've been using it for the last couple of weeks without any trouble.

Ignore the card holder. It doesn't work for payments, it's too thick. I was thinking of adding a hex grid but that would also expose the card. 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 months later...

Hey Guys

I own an ender 5 pro (just stating for results)

I just got my F(x)tec pro 1 x yesterday (second hand, no damage at all on it but seems to have issues with not turning back on, needing soft resetting to get it going).

I am going to print a TPU gel split case like the above pink one, which I will try 100% infill, 85% infill, 75% infill and 65% infill

My thoughts are it would be bouncy if it has space not filled with gel (ie air gaps, any really flexible plastic material would have some give too for those questioning how to print abs/pla etc)...

More give, should mean drop resistance would be improved (at some point you can have too much space to create "give" or "bounce", so I have to find a balance)

Serious question to all in here, because it's close to US$1000 for a new phone (700-900 for a used one), when I have perfected the prints and need to do drop testing, I will need a device to test drop capabilities on until it dies... to get the best possible case for us all.

I am suggesting we crowd fund to get this perfect.

I'm happy to sacrifice my phone, and use the funding mentioned to fund the TPU for testing, and hopefully put something back in my pocket to replace my test model.

I will give any one who backs me, a case free (just need you to cover shipping costs), but if we get enough funds together for me to do a replacement phone, then I am happy to test this on 1m, 1.5 and 2.0m drops, if I get enough to test 2 phones then I will do so.

I will film the drops for us to all wince as we see our future fears hit the floor 😅

Any thoughts about the laws of gravity, TPU printing and orientation (direction of the lines may need to be a particular direction for a stronger hold on the phone)?

I will order TPU on Monday, active conversation is heavily requested as I want us to have a product that is perfect or damn close to... or so good that we don't need to get a mould and pay a plastic injection company to make this... so good that we can say it was made entirely in a western country!

I can even find some Australian, US or British TPU probably

I am waffling on now... so how many takers do we have?

Thoughts?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, L.David said:

... so good that we can say it was made entirely in a western country!

I'm pretty sure my PrawnX was built in China, and the build quality is excellent.  
Still, judging by the number of comments (1000+) in this thread:  

I think we're all keen to look after our devices. 

Edited by MonCon
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, L.David said:

I am waffling on now... so how many takers do we have?

Thoughts?

Just a thought. How about 3d-printing a Pro1(X?) replica in a somewhat hard and brittle material? Perhaps enclosing some metal plates to give the proper weight, and then use that for drop-testing?

• Like 2